N-Europe

What makes you want one? They're good, but for me it's barely more than a bluray player

These games

Resident Evil 5

GTA 4

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Modern Warfare 2

NBA Live 2010

PES 2010 (can't keep buying the wii version just to use the add on control setup)

Don't agree with paying subscriptions to play a game online either, so free online is very good too.

Edited by lostmario

Maybe this is why I didnt enjoy Zelda TP as much as other Zelda games. When I get around to playing it again I should try without a guide.

Conversely, I didn't use a guide at all and I think that slightly lessened my enjoyment. Yes, I got a sense of achievement, but it also made the game seem far too long (which it's not - I can do it in 22 hours, which I feel is a good length).

My rule is "No to walkthroughs, but get help if you're stuck for a day or so". If I can't make any/much progress in one game session, that ruins it for me.

I'm more than happy to wait for games to drop in price now.. and the only slight urge I have is to dip my toe into HD gaming with an XBOX 360 :eek: ..but I neither have the money to do that nor an intense, burning desire to rush into that :heh:

I'm much the same. I just feel it's a bit too early for HD. The 360 is bound to have a cooler version sometime, the PS3 is bound to get cheaper eventually and the TVs themselves are always getting better. Also, I'm a fan of Japanese games and I don't feel the Japanese industry is fully behind the HD machines yet. Hopefully this will happen as PS3 gets more popular.

My "Pile", however, is for the DS. I just stop playing the games for some reason. I mean, why? I bought Metroid Prime 2 and I'm hooked, but why did I do that instead of finishing my DS games (apart from the fact it's much better!)? Must get them finished!

I actually had a little hunt around today to see what sort of deals were floating around for the XBOX 360.. but nothing really grabbed me :heh:

The failure rate of the console has always concerned me but despite the PS3 having free online and blu-ray (not really a selling point for me as I don't really buy many DVDs as it is :eek:) I just feel I would be happier with an XBOX 360!

I'm not a huge fan of the Sixaxis/Dualshock 3 :hmm: The analogue sticks on every Playstation controller to date have never felt good to me.. I just don't feel in control and would certainly call their accuracy into question given my experience of the PS1 and PS2 :sad: The PS3 controller might have gone under a bit of a change in that department, but I'm still not impressed.. and the triggers are horrendous :eek:

The XBOX 360 controller is not without its faults but I certainly feel I would have a more pleasurable time playing with that pad that the PS3 equivalent :smile: I am a fan of every Nintendo controller since the SNES era though.. apart from the Classic Controller for the Wii which is merely adequate :heh: The Classic Controller Pro looks like a respectable improvement though :smile:

Like I say, though, there is no rush and I'm probably just going through a phase where I crave High Definition : peace: I've had it before (perhaps to a lesser extent) but I usually end up wondering why as I love most of the games I own :heh:

However, with the XBOX 360 there is also the fact that I am interested in creating more games in XNA after my final year at university.. or at the very least improve on what I have accomplished already! It would be nice to have the controller there to plug into the PC to use with my creations.. and you never know, some effort (ok.. a lot of effort :eek:) and my games could be on XBOX Live :hehe: ..as unlikely as that is :D

As for Okami, chaps, I cleared Yoshi's Island on the GBA this morning and the plan was to commence Okami on Wednesday :smile: ..anyone else in? :heh:

Edited by nekunando

I actually had a little hunt around today to see what sort of deals were floating around for the XBOX 360.. but nothing really grabbed me :heh:

Yeah, they used to be a steal. Literally the only thing stopping me buying one was I wanted to wait for the supposed "Valhalla" chips (ultimate version). However, now the prices aren't even tempting. I actually consider it to have gone up in price, as the Arcade has and I'd probably have wanted a Pro (which you can't get any more), so now I'd have to buy an Elite.

I'll probably still get one some day, but I'll have to clear all these DS and Wii games first! :)

I went to GAME on Friday with some Wii and DS games that I had planned on traiding in against a PS3 or 360 but couldnt decide on a console and I wasn't 100% sure if I even wanted a second console or not!

I only have Okami and Little King's Story in my collection that I haven't played on a lot, and New Super Mario Bros Wii and Modern Warfare are the only games that intrest me this fall, but there is a strong DS line up to keep me entertained I suppose.

I'll probably buy a HD console, but not until early next year maybe unless there's an outstanding deal in the Christmas sales. Hate these 'want HD gaming' fases I get! :heh:

These games...

Resident Evil 5

GTA 4

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Modern Warfare 2

NBA Live 2010

PES 2010

...are all available on the 360 as well which hardly makes for a good selling point for the PS3 :heh: it's all about the exclusives, none of which these are.

Also the fact that you don't have to buy an overpriced wireless adaptor and of course have the loudest, biggest, ugliest, most fragile hunk of junk in your living room/bedroom

But then how would I do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs?

Anyone else waiting for Tales of Monkey Island Part II - Siege of Spinner Cay? PC heads have had it for a while now. It seems a little odd to force us Wii-owners to wait for longer, pay more and suffer an inferior version with jerkiness and lack of audio clarity.

But then how would I do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs?

Anyone else waiting for Tales of Monkey Island Part II - Siege of Spinner Cay? PC heads have had it for a while now. It seems a little odd to force us Wii-owners to wait for longer, pay more and suffer an inferior version with jerkiness and lack of audio clarity.

Nope, but I just got the PC version of chapter one for free. I can tell you it is also jerky and lacking in audio clarity on my laptop. :laughing:

The mouse seems to take half an hour to catch up with me. Is this normal?

Would have liked it better for free on the Wii.......

Square-Enix Head Says Wii 2 in 2011

The CEO of the company that makes Final Fantasy believes Nintendo's next console will be more like 360 and PS3.

by Matt Casamassina

US, September 21, 2009 - According to a report by the Financial Times, Square-Enix president Yoichi Wada believes that the successor to Nintendo's incredibly popular Wii videogame console will arrive in 2011. The Times is vague on details with regard to Wii 2, but paraphrases Wada as saying it should debut with "functionality more like that of Microsoft's Xbox 360 or Sony's PlayStation 3, and possibly a different controller."

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/102/1026709p1.html

And Square-Enix would be qualified to make such claims because...?

Nintendo Power has scored some of the Q4 games in this months issue. I very happy with A Boy and his Blob score, looks like its the real deal. Heres a few of the scores.

Spyborgs - 7.5

Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (Wii) - 7

TMNT - Smash Up! - 7.5

Dead Space Extraction - 8

A Boy And His Blob - 8.5

Ju-on - 6

Nintendo Power has scored some of the Q4 games in this months issue. I very happy with A Boy and his Blob score, looks like its the real deal. Heres a few of the scores.

Spyborgs - 7.5

TMNT - Smash Up! - 7.5

A Boy And His Blob - 8.5

Ju-on - 6

Wow, that is quite depressing. I had high hopes for smash up (three rabbids or not) and even Spyborgs.

Dead Space is not a surprise - has a light gun game ever broken the 8/10 barrier. :laughing:

Spyborgs - 7.5

TMNT - Smash Up! - 7.5

A Boy And His Blob - 8.5

Ju-on - 6

I preordered a Boy and His Blob after watching the delightful trailer for the first time a few days ago...ended up paying £9.99 for it too with points and a offer code! :)

I've owned pretty much all consoles from NES, bar the PSX/PSone and the best is still SNES, with Dreamcast a close second. But to be more on topic, looking at the current-gen consoles, The PS3 takes the top spot, but only with Wii following it very closely behind. The Xbox360... Well, it's gathering dust in some closet. My space beneath the telly, while spacious, is limited, so I had to make a choice: my SNES or my 360. No guessing who won.

It's not a bad console, but I must admit I was pretty pissed at having 2 RROD in just under a year. And I was very disappointed in some 360-games. Halo went downhill after the original, IMO. And Perfect Dark Zero... the lesser said, the better. Shortly after came Wii, which was and still is a blast to play. But then came PS3, and the temptation of Virtua Fighter 5 was just too great.

Anyways, a lot of pro's with PS3 have already been mentioned (Blu-Ray, my medium of choice for movies, free online play) and while it was home to a fair few shoddy ports in the beginning, it's shaping up nicely now. And who can deny the Might that is Nathan Drake! :D

In the end, my PS3 and Wii are getting the most playtime, not taking into account my DS.

Nope, but I just got the PC version of chapter one for free. I can tell you it is also jerky and lacking in audio clarity on my laptop. :laughing:

The mouse seems to take half an hour to catch up with me. Is this normal?

Hmm, that's odd. So the Wii version is as faithful a port as can be expected! I wonder if Dave's supercomp runs it better.

I wouldn't come to any conclusions just yet. Nintendo Power certainly isn't the definative reviewer, so I'd really wait for more reviews to come rolling in to get things into perspective. :)

In terms of the actual reviews, they're never worth reading, but the scores are usually spot on.