N-Europe

I did try searching this, but has anybody tried or bought ea sports active?

Doesn't really seemed to have been mentioned, it looks better than the wiifit and cheaper to boot (although I suppose if I bought the balance board it'd be over the pricing of wiifit), but I wanted to see if anybody had tried it before paying £34 for it.

Here ya go wolfy...

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24177&highlight=active

There's a few impressions in there, but i'm not sure quite how many have bought it.

But EA are on a bit of a roll lately with Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods etc... so I think you could have some confidence in them for this.

Tbh from what I've heard... EA's Sports Active isn't bad but it's not amazing, I think you'd better off buying the balance board and sticking with Wii-Fit which comes with it anyway... it's been recently announced that the new Wii Fit plus software will sell for around £20 and that's not too far off now and is supposed to be more comparable to the EA equivelant.

Thanks Link- it seems like it might actually be worth buying, its just whether I pay £34 for the ea sports ative or £50 for three months at the gym..

tricky!

EDIT: SCG wiifit seems more like an ideal if you want to do yoga everyday and hola hooping, I want running and exercise, I just wish you could buy the balance board seperately..

Thanks Link- it seems like it might actually be worth buying, its just whether I pay £34 for the ea sports ative or £50 for three months at the gym..

tricky!

EDIT: SCG wiifit seems more like an ideal if you want to do yoga everyday and hola hooping, I want running and exercise, I just wish you could buy the balance board seperately..

To me that looks like the gym membership is the best option.

When i was with my Gym, i was charged £80 membership and £30 per month. All to feel completely inadequate next to Beefcake Bob and Pumping Peter. Bargain.

Its student value thats why.

I was thinking of the sports active because although the gym is cheap, it can get quite boring, so I was hoping for alittle more well entertainment too.

Nah. Gym + iPod + Muse = sorted. :hehe:

Still pretty boring.

If you got will power to do it with EA Active instead of going just because otherwise you would be wasting 30£, than I think its much more comfortable doing it at home.

Still pretty boring.

If you got will power to do it with EA Active instead of going just because otherwise you would be wasting 30£, than I think its much more comfortable doing it at home.

I'm glad somebody agrees, besides I do happen to like Muse, but they aren't god dear boy, the sooner you realise, the better, you may end up crying your tiny heart out if they spilt up.

I might think of doing that then, if I don't like it, I can always sell it on later.

Yeh, I've heard some decent things about EA Sports Active. Haven't tried it myself but seems and sounds to give a solid workout for those using it. Might pick it up myself as it could make for a decent alternative to a gym membership. And as you saw wolfy, if you don't like it you can sell it. You'd easily get your money back on eBay.

Anyone got or tried that Guilty Gear XX Accent Core title for the Wii? I'm in the mood for a fighter (after seeing BlazBlue and knowing it won't be out in PAL regions for ages) and I'm not ready to pick up Brawl again for a third time so was wondering if people would recommend me getting this at £4.99.

Nightwolf I've got and played heavily both WiiFit and Sports Active and I would Sports Active is the better exercise game (Wii Fit is infinitely better produced though). Active is really great and genuinely knackering pretty much every routine it gives you, there's loads of customisation and options in to what you do on the game so I'd definitely recommend it. There's a couple of iffy control issues (lunges primarily) but overall great stuff. Also, although the balance board adds a few different things, it doesn't make that much difference.

Is there anything specifically you want to know about the game?

Ah, It's that heavenly time of the year again! Bargains! :yay:

For next to no money I picked up:

• De Blob
  • Battalion Wars Wii
  • SNK Arcade Classics vol. 1
  • Link's Crossbow Training (used copy)
  • Metal Slug 7
  • Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
  • Space Invaders Extreme

If only I could buy more time...

They also have Wii Music real cheap, but triple :shakehead. Might as well throw my money in the toilet.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Anyone got or tried that Guilty Gear XX Accent Core title for the Wii? I'm in the mood for a fighter (after seeing BlazBlue and knowing it won't be out in PAL regions for ages) and I'm not ready to pick up Brawl again for a third time so was wondering if people would recommend me getting this at £4.99.

I've Guilty Gear and if you like 2D fighters its defo worth a blast for a fiver! :hehe:

^ Well I love the Guilty Gear games so think it's most likely that I'll enjoy that one. So might pick it up tomorrow if I'm out. Question though: is the guy with the paper bag covering his head still in the game? If so, awesome because he was great to use.

I've got Guilty Gear for the Wii and it's brilliant if you love the 2D fighting style. It's quite different to SF2 though in many ways. It's very special move heavy, and relies on you learning some tricky moves and combos. You'll burn your thumb print off, trust me! However, it's a lovely addition to any Wii gamer's collection, and I've spent many an hour on it. For Mario's sake though, don't even attempt to use the remote/nunchuck for the game. You really need a GC or Classic pad. I have one of those strange hybrid pads that looks like a Classic controller, but is actually a GC pad, and it's great for this. As I say though, whatever you use the D-pad and your thumb will take some breaking in. :D

You can't go wrong for a fiver. :)

^ Well I love the Guilty Gear games so think it's most likely that I'll enjoy that one. So might pick it up tomorrow if I'm out. Question though: is the guy with the paper bag covering his head still in the game? If so, awesome because he was great to use.

Yep, he's still in it. :D There's this one bizarre bloke (whose name escapes me) who fights bent over backwards!! It's a crackers game.

haha, yeah they were talking about the vitality sensors 'other uses' in the Bonus round they did straight after the E3 conferences.

I didn't quite get all the praise they seemed to be throwing at the PS3 Wand, because although it does look great from the tech demo, I don't really see what it offers over Motion+. One of them was saying how great sports games could be with it... well isn't Motion+ doing that now?

I was thinking that as well. The technology used in the wand is more advanced, but I'm thinking the M+ will probably be easier to program for, I may be wrong though. Most likely we're not going to see all that much done with the wand that the M+ can't do. But you never know.

Well if we are comparing it to a gym membership then yeah lol just buy EA sports active :heh: will work out cheaper in the long run.