Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150928

nope ngamer.. They were also I believe one of the first magazine to review any wii game not to mention red steel so I think it kinda went to their heads a bit...

Actually looking back, the reviews it got were quite good. I must have been thinking of something else.

ya you see that's what I was thinking.. there isn't anything wrong with the game.. it scores higher than excitetruck I thought overall..

It was implemented in the last update, which i believe was a few days ago.

Is it compatable with GC ones too?

You could use the Classic Controller in the menu since as long as I've had a classic controller. I think I bought it early 2008. I don't know exactly when it was implemented though. There hasn't been any update since System Menu 4.0 (SD Menu was added), I just checked, and the GCN controller doesn't work in the menu. Neither the wavebird or the wired ones.

Guest Captain Falcon
You could use the Classic Controller in the menu since as long as I've had a classic controller. I think I bought it early 2008. I don't know exactly when it was implemented though. There hasn't been any update since System Menu 4.0 (SD Menu was added), I just checked, and the GCN controller doesn't work in the menu. Neither the wavebird or the wired ones.

What puzzles me is that you can use the analogue sticks on the CC to move the cursor, but you can't use the D-Pad - it just strikes me as a odd choice.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150928

nope ngamer.. They were also I believe one of the first magazine to review any wii game not to mention red steel so I think it kinda went to their heads a bit...

ya you see that's what I was thinking.. there isn't anything wrong with the game.. it scores higher than excitetruck I thought overall..

You're still obsessing over it two and a half years after the review was written... Get over it?

Yeah I think we've been able to use the CC on the Wii menu since the system came out. Definitely as long as I can remember anyway- though I didn't get a CC til about 4 months after the Wii came out, so there could have been an update in that period. ::shrug:

I've always thought it would be super handy if you could use the GC controller too- even if it only allowed you to press A and boot up the disc. Its not a huge hassle to use the remote... but we do like things to be as convenient as possible, don't we.

I was about to say NGamer, then I remembered that their opinions don't count.

right after my comment about which reviewer? You can't say that wasn't a knock at me :)

er who hasn't gotten over what here? You always get defensive overtime I slag your magazine of choice.. no reviewers are perfect, Ngamer besides that review happen to be one of the better ones.. It's not like red steel is their only mistake though.

Even edge piss me off with their use of language and they scare halo a little too high as well.. but besides this edge would be my favourite for scores.. At least for nintendo games.

right after my comment about which reviewer? You can't say that wasn't a knock at me :)

er who hasn't gotten over what here? You always get defensive overtime I slag your magazine of choice.. no reviewers are perfect, Ngamer besides that review happen to be one of the better ones.. It's not like red steel is their only mistake though.

Even edge piss me off with their use of language and they scare halo a little too high as well.. but besides this edge would be my favourite for scores.. At least for nintendo games.

It wasn't a knock at you, more a joking reference to your obsession with bringing up Red Steel whenever an excerpt or score from NGamer is mentioned. It didn't take you long at all to rant about it here, and even bring up a link, so point proven. :heh:

Also, since when do we call opinions mistakes?

Guest Captain Falcon
It wasn't a knock at you, more a joking reference to your obsession with bringing up Red Steel whenever an excerpt or score from NGamer is mentioned. It didn't take you long at all to rant about it here, and even bring up a link, so point proven. :heh:

When "opinions" are influenced by exclusivity deals, I'd call it a mistake of judgment.

Totally unrelated to what you have all been debating about but I have a question...

Are there any signs of Ultimate Shooting Collection getting a PAL release? Has anyone picked up the publishing rights. I know in the US it was some random company called UFO or something so that makes me think the chances are slim but still have any of you guys heard anything?:confused:

This is true and if you bring it up next year again.. I will again posting that lovely link.. :)

Oh red steel ngamer review you are my stressball.

Uk Games Top Ten for Individual Formats – First Half 2009

1 Wii Fit Wii

2 Wii Play Wii

3 Mario Kart Wii

4 Professor Layton And The Curious Village DS

5 Killzone 2 PS3

6 Resident Evil 5 XB360

7 Dr Kawashima's Brain Training DS

8 The Sims 3 PC

9 Call Of Duty: World At War XB360

10 Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games Wii

Uk Games Top Ten for ALL Formats – First Half 2009

1 Wii Fit Wii

2 FIFA 09 XB360/PS3/PSP/WII/PS2/DS/PC

3 Call Of Duty: World At War XB360/PS3/WII/PS2/PC/DS

4 Resident Evil 5 XB360/PS3

5 Wii Play Wii

6 Mario Kart Wii

7 Professor Layton And The Curious Village DS

8 Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games Wii /DS

9 Street Fighter Iv PS3/XB360

10 Guitar Hero: World Tour WII/XB360/PS3/PS2

Edited by Dante

i would rather have a new third person non onrails resident evil on wii, thats build on a new or upgraded resident evil 4 engine. (or the darkside chronicles engine, wow at graphics). But sinse nintendo refuses to invest in third parties like sony and m$ i doubt that will happen.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a new resident evil at the wii2 launch.

Plans are afoot to spent £5m on building a 'computer games academy' in Liverpool, UK.

According to a report in The Liverpool Daily Post, a National Games Academy in the city would be built to help it become 'breeding ground for the finest computer minds in the country'.

Develop-Online

I did try searching this, but has anybody tried or bought ea sports active?

Doesn't really seemed to have been mentioned, it looks better than the wiifit and cheaper to boot (although I suppose if I bought the balance board it'd be over the pricing of wiifit), but I wanted to see if anybody had tried it before paying £34 for it.