NEurope

You aint wrong, just look at the epic opening the game has!

......Fanservice overload *Head explodes*

It looks fucking epic seeing all the last bosses against different protagonists.

Some animation studio should make an anime with that style for each of those Dragon Quest games. I want moar!!!

I don't know which one I prefer battle road or the Dragon Quest IX opening animation

Edited by killer kirby

Yoichi Wada "Nobody has succeeded with globalisation"

Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada believes game companies’ globalisation efforts have been a failure to date.

“We have to appeal to customers with different preferences. Sega did not succeed. Konami did not succeed. Namco Bandai did not succeed. Western publishers have not succeeded in selling in Japan. Nobody has succeeded at globalisation,” he told VentureBeat. “But it hasn’t succeeded because it was always based on Japanese direction. It was Japanese people who commissioned the western developers to make games.”

Wada said that his aim is to create an environment “where completely different ethnic groups can coexist in the same company”. Eidos, which Square acquired last year, is treated as an equal to the firm’s Japanese studios, he said, with former Eidos CEO Phil Rogers now holding the same title at Square Enix Europe.

“It is important that what’s in America should be handled by Americans,” Wada said. “The same goes in Europe and in Japan. These people who are deeply rooted in their own cultures can engage in their own dialogues. The mistakes I have seen so far are when Japanese people try to do everything the Japanese way, using Japanese workers in different areas of the world.”.

I dunno, Nintendo do pretty well in the East and West don't they?

GT's Bonus Round: Nintendo's next move

Wii Sports Resort sold not all that well

As of May 2010, the game has sold 16.14 million copies and is ranked #4 on the best-selling Wii games list, behind Wii Play, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii.
Edited by Dante

He's never been that great with statistics. Although, he was probably comparing it to Wii Fit/Wii Play.

Two Wii games have been reviewed in the latest Famitsu:

SENGOKU BASARA 3 (Wii) - 9, 8, 8, 8

Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road (Wii) - 9, 9, 9, 8

Two Wii games have been reviewed in the latest Famitsu:

It's so annoying that we will probably never see the DQ game get a western release as it looks fantastic. I suppose it's not all bad, we will get LET'S PARTY: FAMILY EDITION 17 instead. :hmm:

OK so a trip to New York enabled me to take in the sights and sounds of the Nintendo World Store, and very nice it was too!

Downstairs was basically DS, upstairs Wii, with plenty of demo pods in both, with Wii titles such as Wii Sports, SSBB, Punch Out Wii, Mario Baseball, NSMB Wii and Tatsunoko vs Capcom all being shown off and played.

Place was off course also filled with collectables, t-shirts and the like, and displays of past consoles.

Few pics...

p1030505q.jpg

p1030507j.jpg

p1030509.jpg

p1030510bd.jpg

p1030511o.jpg

p1030512.jpg

p1030513e.jpg

p1030514.jpg

p1030515zc.jpg

p1030516.jpg

p1030517z.jpg

also managed to pick myself up one of these bad boys... :D

p1030673b.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Oh man, Retro you're so darn lucky! Looks like an excellent part of your trip :D

My God, now.... can..... NOT.....Me......Likey......HAppy..... wait! Will be going to The Big Apple the 27th of July :D

Edited by Fused King

My God, now can NOT wait! Will be going to The Big Apple the 27th of July :D
You'll love it!

It's on the edge of Rockefeller Centre (48th street & Fifth)... which is handy because you ABSOLUTELY have to go to the top of the Rockefeller Tower (Top of the Rock... google it) whilst you're there. It's the same price (around $20) as going to the top of the Empire State, only with better views (Central Park), and the fact that you get the Empire State building in your photos.

Do the Empire State aswell of course.

Edited by Retro_Link

And say hi to Liz Lemon :p

Its been so long since I went to NYC. When I went the Nintendo shop was filled with Gamecube games. GAMECUBE!

http://www.t3.com/news/wii-2-nintendo-plotting-?=47737

Satoru Iwata cannot comment on the Wii2 in fear of being copied but it is being developed (which was obvious)

It does beg the question though, if Nintendo are worried about being copied then they must have something new on the cards? I wonder what they will do next. I assumed the Wii2 would be the Wii but with improved motion controls and graphics but by the sounds of it, it could be something completely different.

People have told them it is Kirby, so Daily Mail changes it as Pokemon.

Edit -

2hrh1xk.jpg

Wii Party / Metroid Other M Tidbit - NCL

1. NdCube which originally started as a subsidiary Nintendo company for GameCube and Game Boy Advance development, started as a joint venture with 78% shares for Nintendo and 13% shares by Dentsu (Nintendo's advertizing firm). But the company has struggled and lost several employees to SONY. As of 2010, Nintendo has completely overhauled the developer and bought out Dentsu's small shares, and now is the sole proprietor. NdCube is now being considered a Nintendo R&D instead of just a subsidiary as per Nd Cube's website. Nintendo has also expanded the studio, by opening a second division in Sapporo and Tokyo. Both near Nintendo's branch offices.

2. Mario Party is definitely in danger of being less poignant. Not only is Wii Party very successful in Japan, but lead Mario Party staff has indeed left Hudson and joined Nd Cube. For those who don't know the original Mario Party staff was actually a Nintendo/Hudson joint venture called Monegi. Although because of their invisible credits, everyone solely credits Hudson.

3. Wii Party from concept was designed to capture a larger audience than Mario Party.

4. Sakamoto explains that Metroid was conceived with a deep story from the beginning. But game development was very different when the game was first conceived. As technology and development has sophisticated, Sakamoto has been able to express the story himself and some of the original design team have encapsulated. This game in particular is a very "romantic" project for him, and something full of many ideas formed in the past years.

-1995-

Nintendo Research & Development 3 renamed Nintendo Integrated Research & Development

Nintendo EAD absorbs <-------------- some R&D3 staff (design and soft)

- 1997 -

Nintendo Special Planning & Development created

Nintendo Research Engineering & Development created

Nintendo SPD origin <-------- 1/3 of R&D2 staff (hardware/software mix)

Nintendo RED origin <--------- all R&D1 hardware staff

-2000-

Nintendo Research & Development 2 absolved

Nintendo EAD absorbs <-------- other 1/3 of R&D2 staff (software guys)

Nintendo RED absords <------ last 1/3 of R&D2 staff (hardware guys)

-2002-

Nintendo EAD absorbs <------ some R&D1 staff (software)

-2003-

Nintendo EAD Tokyo Branch created

Nintendo EAD Tokyo <---- 20 members of Nintendo EAD

-2004-

Nintendo Research & Development 1 absolved

Nintendo Software Design & Development created

Nintendo Software Planning & Development created

Nintendo EAD absorbs <---------- some R&D1 staff

Nintendo SDD origin <---------- some R&D1 staff

Nintendo SPD origin <----------- some R&D1 staff

-2005-

Nintendo Special Planning & Development renamed Nintendo Network Service & Development

Nintendo Online Network Development created

Summary:

Nintendo Research Engineering & Development

1 Division

Creations: Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, Nintendo e-Reader, Game Boy Camera, Game Boy Printer,

Nintendo Network Service & Development

1 Division

Creations: Pocket Pikachu, Pocket Hello Kitty, BS-X Satellaview Software, Pokemon Mini, Personal Trainer: Walker, Slide Adventure MAGKID, Pokemotion, Pokewalker,

Nintendo Software Planning & Development

4 Divisions

Developed: Metroid: Zero Mission, Tetris DS, Mahjong DS, Rhythm Tengoku Gold, Tomodachi Collection, WarioWare

Produced: Super Princess Peach, Battalion Wars, etc.

Nintendo Integrated Research & Development

5 Divisions

Creations: Nintendo 64, Rumble Pack, Nintendo 64DD, Nintendo Wii, Wii remote, Wii Zapper, Wii Steering Wheel, Wii Motion Plus, Wii Classic Controller, Wavbird, DK Bongos,

Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development

6 Divisions

Creations: Etc., Etc.

Nintendo Software Design & Development

2 Divisions

Creations: Wii Channels, Nintendo DSi Shop Channel, Brain-Age, English Training, Jam With The Band, Photo Dojo,

Nintendo Business Operation Technology

1 Division

Creations: Production and supervision of all published but non-heavy Nintendo involvement games. Golden Sun, Napoleon, Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, etc.

Support R&D:

Nintendo Hardware Manufacturing

Nintendo Online Network Group

Direct R&D Arms:

Nd Cube Co., Ltd

Nintendo Software Technology Corp.

Nintendo Technology Development Inc.

Direct Subsidiary:

Retro Studios Inc.

Monolith Soft

Brownie Brown

Affiliated R&D:

Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd

HAL Laboratory Inc.

Creatures Inc.

The Pokemon Company

Genius Sonority Inc.

GameFreak Inc.

Ambrella Inc.

Skip Ltd.

Contracted R&D:

Vitei Inc.

Camelot Software Planning

Jupiter Inc.

etc.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

"Mario Party is definitely in danger of being less poignant."

Thank fuck - the series has been going down the toilet since Mario Party 4! Something new is fine with me!