NEurope

I have heard many stories of the Official cable being superior to third parties efforts - obviously, I have never compared them, so can't really comment.

I have a "middle of the range" component cable. It's not the official one, but it's also not dirt cheap. So fair I've been very impressed with it. Again though, I haven't compared it with others.

Saw these in a "4 for £20" offer, so I decided to pick them up:

19ca19f10ac1ee3b7aa5dfc62118c0e5-Nights__Journey_of_Dreams.jpg

Zack-and-Wiki-Cover.jpg

boom-blox-big.jpg

73e152dbdcd14e79778caae22aa.jpg

Even though I have way too many games to play at the moment.

So, currently the full list of Wii games I need to complete are:

Metroid: Other M

Okami

Deadly Creatures

Little King's Story

Nights: Journey of Dreams

Boom Blox

Zack & Wiki

Metroid Prime

Super Mario Galaxy

The Conduit

Red Steel 2.

Edited by Cube

I can't see what the first game is on that list that you bought but the others are pure gold, some of the best games on the Wii right there. Well done, Cube. :bowdown:

The other game is NiGHTS. I keep seeing that on the cheap everywhere I go, but I've not picked it up yet.

You and I have a very similar list of games we need to finish. I feel so bad buying new games when I have ones that I already need to finish.

Saw these in a "4 for £20" offer, so I decided to pick them up:

Even though I have way too many games to play at the moment.

So, currently the full list of Wii games I need to complete are:

Metroid: Other M

Okami

Deadly Creatures

Little King's Story

Nights: Journey of Dreams

Boom Blox

Zack & Wiki

Metroid Prime

Super Mario Galaxy

The Conduit

Red Steel 2.

Yes, yes, yes! NiGHTS will always stand as one of my favourite Wii games, despite the few flaws it has - It's so magical and just oozes with classic Sega charm!

Yes, yes, yes! NiGHTS will always stand as one of my favourite Wii games, despite the few flaws it has - It's so magical and just oozes with classic Sega charm!

I keep wondering if I missed something during the brief period a couple of years ago when I owned it.. but Nights did absolutely nothing for me :hmm:

I never played the original so maybe that is part of the problem..

I was an absolutely massive fan of the original Saturn NiGHTS. Huge fan. I got the Wii game at launch and paid £30, and it ripped my heart out! They'd changed the gameplay structure, and added in some goddawful and completely unnecessary voice acting. The story was too much and over done, enough to make even the gooiest fluffy bunny embarrassed. The lovely thing about the original game, and what made it so special, was the whole enigma of the character and the stories. Why change that?

I was so disappointed, but over time I've kinda warmed to it and still play it a lot now (it helps that you can skip the soppy cutscenes once you've beaten the game), so it's well worth a cheap punt. I love the fact it's so different still from everything out there. I'm not sure how a casual passer by might find the game though. It really does help if you've played and loved the original game. I also love the fact that the original musical director returned to the sequel. It features some of the very best game music this gen I reckon.

One for the adventurous gamer, imho.

(Hint: It's best with a GC pad) ;)

Zack & Wiki is probably the best 3rd-party game I've played on the Wii. The presentation is superb.

Zack & Wiki is probably the best 3rd-party game I've played on the Wii. The presentation is superb.

...don't tempt me.

I'm selling my copy.

I actually wanted to comment on Grazza's statement about Zack and Wiki being the best 3rd-party game he has played, for we all know that ought to be Little King's Story.

Guess I'm not yet renowned for my BIG Little King's Story LOVE.::shrug:

*heads back to Little King's Story thread*

I actually wanted to comment on Grazza's statement about Zack and Wiki being the best 3rd-party game he has played, for we all know that ought to be Little King's Story.

Guess I'm not yet renowned for my BIG Little King's Story LOVE.::shrug:

*heads back to Little King's Story thread*

i knew what you were talking about if it makes you eel any better ;)

But sad to say the best 3rd party game on the Wii is Monster Hunter 3 hands down (H-O-T can back me up on this one :D )

i knew what you were talking about if it makes you eel any better ;)

But sad to say the best 3rd party game on the Wii is Monster Hunter 3 hands down (H-O-T can back me up on this one :D )

I'm with you on that one, Ive lost 370 hours to this game so far.

So many epic moments, fused get it bought!

I'm in full agreement that MH Tri is the best Third Party Wii game... it's simply immense!

Any game that has to load every 60seconds cannot be counted as 'best third party Wii game'

Come on now, be fair to the game, it doesn't "have to load every 60 seconds". Yes, there's a loading screen as you move from one area to another but for the majority of the time in a quest you remain in the areas fighting the monsters for a decent while and it's not like the loading screen is there for enough time to detract from the game experience when you do move into another area.

I must admit though, prior to the games release I actually thought the loading screens would put me off purchasing this but I thought I'd bite the bullet and get it... after 420+ hours on the game I can safely say that the loading screens aren't really an issue.

This is the best 3rd Party Wii title in my eyes, I've absolutely no doubt of that!

Edited by Kav

On the subject of the best third party game on the Wii, I think Monster Hunter 3 is up there. But I'm a massive Wii COD fan, so I'd say MWR also ranks up there too. Also, RE4 Wii Edition is utterly superb.

I've logged a lot of hours on MHT, though not as many as you guys obviously, and it's either that or Smash Bros as my most played game on the system, so I do clearly enjoy it.

But is it the best third party game? Well, I'm not so sure. Take out the online component and I really would struggle to play the thing. When the servers get shut down, that will be it - I'll never play it again. As a game, it has some problems, but as an experience, it can be absolutely fantastic.

Ironically enough, the reason I didn't buy Monter Hunter Tri is because it's too good:laughing:

I've logged a lot of hours on MHT, though not as many as you guys obviously, and it's either that or Smash Bros as my most played game on the system, so I do clearly enjoy it.

But is it the best third party game? Well, I'm not so sure. Take out the online component and I really would struggle to play the thing. When the servers get shut down, that will be it - I'll never play it again. As a game, it has some problems, but as an experience, it can be absolutely fantastic.

Yeah I totally agree with that, had it not been for the amazing NE community I wouldn't have played it nearly as much. But I suppose the same can be said for COD:MWR, I've logged over 200 hours on the multiplayer but not that much on the campaign.

As a single player experience I'd have to say RE4 is the best third party game on the Wii.

Yeah I totally agree with that, had it not been for the amazing NE community I wouldn't have played it nearly as much. But I suppose the same can be said for COD:MWR, I've logged over 200 hours on the multiplayer but not that much on the campaign.

As a single player experience I'd have to say RE4 is the best third party game on the Wii.

The game is only as good as your group makes it - fortunately, between you, Kav, Lost and Mokong, it's been great. Randomers normally annoy me after a while too. I mean, I've a few of them but it mostly out of politeness. Only a couple would I actually choose to play with if none of you were available.

Whilst I've not payed the Wii Edition, RE4 is a phenomenal game no matter what you play it on (iPhone not included obviously) so it has to be up there.

Of my own experiences, I still rate No More Heroes right up there even now - more so than it's sequel too.

For me, I'd say the best 3rd party game is Silent Hill. Purely for its experience. It's difficult to describe. It's not survival horror. It's more of a psychological thriller that manages to still be captivating in a video game format.

Silent Hill and Dead Space: Extraction have both been outstanding for me. I got them and I just could not put them down, not even for a second.

Little King's Story has to be up there somewhere. I got it, and it somehow manages to suck you in for hours.