NEurope

Looks like another Wii exclusive is getting the HD treatment.

Two cult favorites may soon be getting high-definition ports.

1UP has heard from sources here in Japan that Vanillaware will be releasing Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere as downloadable ports. No word on which consoles, but it's reasonable to assume that they will appear on both PSN and Xbox Live Arcade.

Odin Sphere was originally developed as a PS2 games, while Muramasa was a Wii title. Both are known for their lush, hand-drawn visuals, which should translate well to high-definition consoles. Our sources tell us that Muramasa's assets were developed in HD first, which should make for a relatively easy port.

Treat this as a rumor for now, but we've heard from multiple sources that this is going to be happening, so keep an eye out.

Just like every other year, right marcel?

@ Lost Over There,

you can spread all your hate all you want, but the point being that there are virtually none 3rd party games (casual or hardcore) for wii next year.

that means no more exclusive 3rd partie games, and that leaves only nintendo games. And nintendo could fill in a 12 month calendar with there games even if they want it.

No more games = slowdown of wii sales. Wii sales are already bad in japan and no more games would help that.

Would suprise me that skyward sword gets delayed once again and shift to the wii2 or get the twilight princess treatment.

Sorry, I was just having a dig at your pessimism.

When was the last time Nintendo did anything at TGS? I vaguely remember the Wiimote from 2005, but that was it. I have no reason to doubt the Wii in 2011. I'm not denying the Wii situation isn't as great as the PS360, but it's no worse than usual. At the start of the year you yourself said "bye bye wii core 3rd party" but look where we are now? Epic Mickey, NBA Jam, GoldenEye and COD6 all for Q4 2010.

It's not fantastic, but when was the last time a Nintendo console boasted a great 3rd party lineup?

Sorry, I was just having a dig at your pessimism.

When was the last time Nintendo did anything at TGS? I vaguely remember the Wiimote from 2005, but that was it. I have no reason to doubt the Wii in 2011. I'm not denying the Wii situation isn't as great as the PS360, but it's no worse than usual. At the start of the year you yourself said "bye bye wii core 3rd party" but look where we are now? Epic Mickey, NBA Jam, GoldenEye and COD6 all for Q4 2010.

It's not fantastic, but when was the last time a Nintendo console boasted a great 3rd party lineup?

yea but Q4 2010 sound like a bye bye party from 3rd parties, i hoped that big companies like capcom or ea would announce 1 title for the wii @e3 and that didnt happen, We know we where getting epic mickey and COD6. TGS was always used by 3rd parties also to show there wii games (like last year and the years before)

yea but Q4 2010 sound like a bye bye party from 3rd parties, i hoped that big companies like capcom or ea would announce 1 title for the wii @e3 and that didnt happen, We know we where getting epic mickey and COD6. TGS was always used by 3rd parties also to show there wii games (like last year and the years before)

TGS has never been an event for showcasing of Wii games. Even before the Wii's release in 2006 and through till now, the number of Wii games on show at the event has rarely ever gone into double figures for whatever reason. Either developers have saved their games for announcing later (and lets be honest, most third party Wii titles announced at something like TGS are going to be vastly overlooked for other things, primarily in the handheld market) or there's a stigma that since Nintendo don't show up to show off the Wii, developers will follow suit. That latter option wouldn't explain the strong DS showing but when it's the best selling console in Japan for this generation, you can clearly understand why there's more showing for the DS.

It is kind of true that we're losing third party support from some of the big developers, no doubt as a result of a shift in the console owning audience. The likes of EA and Capcom, as you mentioned, will probably be well aware that most 'hardcore' Wii owners do have a second console and that they're likely to buy the bigger third party titles for those consoles as a result of the online inclusions. It's something Nintendo will need to address next time round, because they're online setup is hindering the progress of online gaming on Nintendo consoles.

I'm sure whatever Nintendo have cooking for the next console will resolve most issues that are around at the moment with the Wii, although whether that extends to having an online setup comparable to the other consoles or graphical quality (which lets face it is becoming an increasingly large reason for some of the more casual gamers, the ones who still play the likes of CoD and such, to opt out of many Wii games when they're at the some price as those on the PS3/360) is unknown.

TGS has never been an event for showcasing of Wii games. Even before the Wii's release in 2006 and through till now, the number of Wii games on show at the event has rarely ever gone into double figures for whatever reason. Either developers have saved their games for announcing later (and lets be honest, most third party Wii titles announced at something like TGS are going to be vastly overlooked for other things, primarily in the handheld market) or there's a stigma that since Nintendo don't show up to show off the Wii, developers will follow suit. That latter option wouldn't explain the strong DS showing but when it's the best selling console in Japan for this generation, you can clearly understand why there's more showing for the DS.

It is kind of true that we're losing third party support from some of the big developers, no doubt as a result of a shift in the console owning audience. The likes of EA and Capcom, as you mentioned, will probably be well aware that most 'hardcore' Wii owners do have a second console and that they're likely to buy the bigger third party titles for those consoles as a result of the online inclusions. It's something Nintendo will need to address next time round, because they're online setup is hindering the progress of online gaming on Nintendo consoles.

I'm sure whatever Nintendo have cooking for the next console will resolve most issues that are around at the moment with the Wii, although whether that extends to having an online setup comparable to the other consoles or graphical quality (which lets face it is becoming an increasingly large reason for some of the more casual gamers, the ones who still play the likes of CoD and such, to opt out of many Wii games when they're at the some price as those on the PS3/360) is unknown.

I hope nintendo resolves the problem, and putting a much more powerfull product on the market than the 360 (to be future ready). Let me say that im not a graphics whore but i think we got this craptastic support from 3rd parties is the wiis graphical capabilities. Its way to limited, nintendo can say thats its cheaper to develop for but its also more risky for 3rd parties. To have a million dollar product and place it on 2 (or more consoles) is less risky than putting a game on 1 console.

Im sure of it that we would have got atleast an assassins creed, or a bioshock (to test the market) but that isnt possible without taking allot more risk.

@ Lost Over There,

you can spread all your hate all you want, but the point being that there are virtually none 3rd party games (casual or hardcore) for wii next year.

Until Dragon Quest X and Monster Hunter 3G come out on the Wii, it ain't dead for me :heh:

Finally getting around to buying a Classic Controller (yeah, I've only bought NES VC titles and WiiWare games).

Firstly, would you folks recommend getting a Classic Controller or a GameCube controller (if I can find one, that is). Secondly, if a classic controller, would it be advisable to obtain the Pro or just the normal CC?

The best I can find a Classic Controller Pro is £15 from Zavvi.

Finally getting around to buying a Classic Controller (yeah, I've only bought NES VC titles and WiiWare games).

Firstly, would you folks recommend getting a Classic Controller or a GameCube controller (if I can find one, that is). Secondly, if a classic controller, would it be advisable to obtain the Pro or just the normal CC?

Get the Classic Controller Pro for sure!

I think I need one of those...my Wavebird isn't exactly great for SNES games.

Yep the Classic Controller Pro is great. I managed to pick a white one up in the US and it's lovely!

p1030673b.jpg

Though only used it for DKC at the moment.

Great, thanks guys! I'll probably pick it up tomorrow, then, to purchase mind blowing amounts of Nintendo Points.

I think Zelda will be release Feb/March 2011 hopefully..so the Wii will be off to a terrific start!

Whats everyones shopping lists for the rest of the year for Wii then? Just curious to see what games i should definately buy, and what games can wait...

My list is:

Wii Party

Kirbys Epic Yarn (import)

Goldeneye

Epic Mickey

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Sonic Colours i've preordered too...but may cancel..thats gonna be hit/miss.

My list :-

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Will ask for/or keep until Christmas Day)

Epic Mickey

Goldeneye

Call of Duty Black Ops

Ivy the Kiwi (Pre-ordered this from HMV when it was £12.99)

Rock Band 3

That's actually a longer list than I anticipated.

Metroid Other M was the last Wii game I really wanted this year. Its more the games coming out next year, and the ones I've missed and still need to pick up when I see them on sale that I'm looking forward to. I'm sure I'll end up buying DKCR sometime, although, probably not until next year.

This year? Epic Mickey, Goldeneye, Wii Party, Donkey Kong. Although EM is the only one I'll definitely get while there rest I'll look at wistfully in shops while wishing I had money.

At the moment I've just got Sonic Colours on order.

Edit: Oh, and Ivy the Kiwi for £12.99. I keep forgetting about that.

My shopping list for the Wii this year is:

CoD: Black Ops

Goldeneye

DKCR

I might pick up Epic Mickey too but I'm not too sure just yet.

Batman: Brave & The Bold

Sonic Colours

Goldeneye

Epic Mickey

Rabbids Travel in Time

I was going to get Ivy the Kiwi but after reading ONM the DS version seems to be the way to go. As for Wii Party, I may just see what kind of single player experience you can get out of the game, before I decide whether to pick it up or not.

I didn't even realise Ivy the Kiwi? had an EU release lined up.

I was going to get Ivy the Kiwi but after reading ONM the DS version seems to be the way to go.

What was the jist of their comparison?

What was the jist of their comparison?

Just that it controls much better on the DS and seems more suited for a handheld rather than a console.

*Salutes everyone who intends to purchase Ivy the Kiwi*

GoldenEye, Donkey Kong and Epic Mickey are all musts for me. Then maybe something from my back catalogue.

These are the nominees I might buy if I can this year:

Wii Party

GoldenEye

Epic Mickey

Call of Duty: Black Ops

2011:

Conduit 2

Skyward Sword