N-Europe

Xpert Eleven Season 8: Villan still a loser

Mr_Odwin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to throw in the towel on this. Just can't seem to cut it like I used to. Lost my skills, but for some reason my players all want to stay but they just can't cut it.

[insert Fergie loses his balloon gif here]

Fixed: balloon.gif

Edited by Ten10

It's an interesting last 5 rounds. I've been scrawling on a sheet of paper for a few minutes, trying to work out point ranges for me and my relegation combatants. I figure that I have the best set of games to try and squeeze points from; with games against cube, Domster and ReZ being evenly matched to me. Most other people in the bottom half only have one or two 'even' games, and it's Gaggle with the next best chance.

Haden vs. Happenstance for 4th place will tie in with the relegation battle massively. Haden has 4 out of his last 5 games against us lot, while Happenstance only has 3. Dyson has a tricky set of games left as he'll be up against lots of mid-tablers, while roosophe has less games but marginally easier opponents, and Oddy -- well oddy has a cakewalk.

Um..I predict cube to go down, and either moogle or gaggle - depending on who loses that match :P

Lower league's promotions are, I reckon, tied up now. The question of the order of the top two is to be decided. Shorty's game in hand will, I think, seal his victory position. Tin Can Club does have to face to face both Shorty and Charlie, but he should be safe in teh knowledge that Ell has to win all of his last 4 games to steal his place.

Minute 1: Jamie Benson in O3 FC was injured and was substituted by Leo Boothroyd

If this happens I know it's not a good sign for the game that follows. :(

It's an interesting last 5 rounds. I've been scrawling on a sheet of paper for a few minutes, trying to work out point ranges for me and my relegation combatants. I figure that I have the best set of games to try and squeeze points from; with games against cube, Domster and ReZ being evenly matched to me. Most other people in the bottom half only have one or two 'even' games, and it's Gaggle with the next best chance.

Haden vs. Happenstance for 4th place will tie in with the relegation battle massively. Haden has 4 out of his last 5 games against us lot, while Happenstance only has 3. Dyson has a tricky set of games left as he'll be up against lots of mid-tablers, while roosophe has less games but marginally easier opponents, and Oddy -- well oddy has a cakewalk.

Um..I predict cube to go down, and either moogle or gaggle - depending on who loses that match :P

Lower league's promotions are, I reckon, tied up now. The question of the order of the top two is to be decided. Shorty's game in hand will, I think, seal his victory position. Tin Can Club does have to face to face both Shorty and Charlie, but he should be safe in teh knowledge that Ell has to win all of his last 4 games to steal his place.

Cakewalk, with a sudden influx of cash too. That 18 5 goalkeeper is going for a tidy sum.

I'm quietly confident about getting the top spot... I'm thinking that I can win all of my last 4 games and I've got lucky as I'm playing Tin Can Club at home the week before Shorty plays them away, which if all goes to plan, will be a must win game for Shorty AND TCC.

The first 3 games I've got are all against the bottom teams so should really be winnable, unfortuantely Shorty has to be play them too so we're even stevens until the Tin Can Club games...

Wow shit did not expect that to happen!

How sick though it looks like I have helped Oddy to win the title!

Hopefully can keep momentum up and take 4th place which I will be satisfied with. If any relegation threatened sides want to bribe me now is your chance.

Don't want to rub salt in the wound Villan but I am puzzled that you went defensive I think you would have slaughtered me if you went offensive or even normal. Still who am I to speak you are 10 points clear of me! lol

Also Relegation battle is looking awesome as a neutral, its going to be close I think Im gonna study everyones run ins now being the xpert geek I am lol.

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

Unfortunately I have Roosophe and Dyson. I'll probably have to scrape a draw from at least one of them to have a chance of staying up. I really hope I don't repeat the scores from the beginning (draw from Jay, and losses against Roostophe, Dyson and Dom).

Why don't I win anymore? >.< what sort of 3-forwards offensive play leads to a no score draw? ffsfsffs

Now I've lost the top spot for the first time since it started pretty much, since I never seem to score any goals. EVER. And another player injured and unable to play. thx ellmeister, srsly.

Edited by Shorty

I played cautiously! and careful (i think?)!

I have a few major players on yellow cards so I don't want them missing games!

To be far, I'm really happy about it. Managing to not lose against both you and charlie considering you've got slightly better teams meaning I'm not all bad! Shame about losing to Maddog though. He wasn't even playing until recently and he's doing really well! Hopefully Tin Can Club fucks up :p

This is going to be very intense, I think I can assume that I will win MadDog and Recall united but the games against Soap Box and Secret is very unknown to me.

I think a draw is the best I can hope against them.

I think I'm going to throw in the towel on this. Just can't seem to cut it like I used to. Lost my skills, but for some reason my players all want to stay but they just can't cut it.

[insert Fergie loses his balloon gif here]

Fixed: balloon.gif

1) Loltastic gif - never seen that before :P

2) DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE! Stick around. It's only a few minutes of your week. You'll get back into it again - everyone does. If we're lucky we could get enough new folk next season to get THREE leagues going, so you would be in the middle league and ever eager to avoid relegation at this point of the season :)

Wow shit did not expect that to happen!

How sick though it looks like I have helped Oddy to win the title!

Hopefully can keep momentum up and take 4th place which I will be satisfied with. If any relegation threatened sides want to bribe me now is your chance.

Don't want to rub salt in the wound Villan but I am puzzled that you went defensive I think you would have slaughtered me if you went offensive or even normal. Still who am I to speak you are 10 points clear of me!

I was being cautious, tbh. Even though I had home advantage today, I still wasn't sure I could beat you. I thought my win over you earlier this season was a fluke.

Maybe you're not so much of a hard team that I'm just going to end up losing to. I lost to Oddy and Dyson this season and I'm sure I'll have a difficult match against Happenstance on Friday.

Kicking myself now, though, that I could have played offensive and might have gone top.