NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Punch-Out!!

YAY! I finally beat Mr. Sandman last night, took me around 30-45mins to get this movements down. The game is very old skool in that you have to keep getting a beating, memorize your opponents movements and then try again and again. You really do get a sense of satisfaction when you finally bring the sucker down :D

I still haven't a clue where the challenges are though ::shrug: Someone care to tell me how I get them to show up?

EDIT:It doesn't matter, ive just read on G-FAQS that they are in exibition mode not career which is where I have been looking.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Ok so i broke down and bought a Wii again just for this game. Im too exhausted to even take them out of their respective packages but i cant wait to dive into it tommorow. 'System Seller' status achieved!

I still haven't a clue where the challenges are though ::shrug: Someone care to tell me how I get them to show up?

EDIT:It doesn't matter, ive just read on G-FAQS that they are in exibition mode not career which is where I have been looking.

Once you beat all 3 circuits, the challenges will then appear in Exhibition mode.
Look alive Mac! :heh:

You don't need to beat all 3 circuits, you just need to beat the character first.
Ah. I only went into exhibition a couple of times before beating career, so I just assumed they were still practice fights.

LOL. My bad :)

I love Macs face when you bash the buttons and get one more chance. Its so epic seeing him fall and then stop on one knee and get hyped up.

I love Macs face when you bash the buttons and get one more chance. Its so epic seeing him fall and then stop on one knee and get hyped up.
Yeah, that is pretty rad, as is your new user title BTW. icon14.gif

I also love the expression he does just before a fight (on the match-up screen) that kind of "yeah whatever" look. Brilliant.

Seriously, the animators that worked on this game are legendary. :bowdown:

Aran Ryan is fucking psychotic. :o

By the way, I just made a papercraft that came free with NGamer. It's a bit messy, it does look kind of okay though!

100_0573.jpg

100_0571.jpg

Haha! Awesome! :)

Yeah Aran is a bit of a nutter. His laugh reminds me a Jonny Knoxvilles laugh, funny yet psychotic.

EDIT: Fantastic :)

23w40w0.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Bought this tonight from Tesco for the OH so f'n sweet price of £18.87 (I had a £10 voucher on my clubcard). Can't play it until Wedensday when I go home though :(

Man what a great game and a blast from the past. The devs did such a good job with the animations and personalities of the boxers and the controls are just as tight as the NES game. Highly recommended but why oh why are there no display options (or am i overlooking something)?

Wooooo! Just beat Sandman on title defence! :yay:

What an epic fight, or fights I should say. (Anyone that beats him on the first go is a robot :heh:) Proper adrenaline rush though and I was sweating like a bitch at the end of it all. :laughing:

What a great game.

The 14th boxer, is quality...

...but I felt really bad punching Donkey Kong initially.

:grin: Once he started beating the crap out of me though, that feeling soon disappeared. :laughing:

I'd spotted him in the ringside crowd a few times, but never did I expect him as the final boxer....

...Glad I managed to avoid the secret on the net anyway, not an easy task these days.

This didn't even chart in the TOP 40 in UK! I don't get it! I hope Nintendo don't decide to further slow-down on there beloved franchises and make more casual games which chart in top 10 for weeks on end.

Wooooo! Just beat Sandman on title defence! :yay:

What an epic fight, or fights I should say. (Anyone that beats him on the first go is a robot :heh:) Proper adrenaline rush though and I was sweating like a bitch at the end of it all. :laughing:

What a great game.

The 14th boxer, is quality...

...but I felt really bad punching Donkey Kong initially.

:grin: Once he started beating the crap out of me though, that feeling soon disappeared. :laughing:

I'd spotted him in the ringside crowd a few times, but never did I expect him as the final boxer....

...Glad I managed to avoid the secret on the net anyway, not an easy task these days.

Go you! Im still stuck on Disco Kid in Title Defense.....bah! my eyes just fell on who the secret boxer is :cry: Oh well, should be a fun fight if i ever make it there

This didn't even chart in the TOP 40 in UK! I don't get it! I hope Nintendo don't decide to further slow-down on there beloved franchises and make more casual games which chart in top 10 for weeks on end.

People seriously can't blame developers for doing so many casual titles on Wii now, there's virtually no reason to make a hardcore game for it if it's not going to sell....even with Nintendo too it seems!

I even saw some advertisements with Joe Calzaghe promoting the game, I figured that'd help a bit but I guess not.

At this point I dont see things ever turning around with hardcore sales on Wii.

People seriously can't blame developers for doing so many casual titles on Wii now, there's virtually no reason to make a hardcore game for it if it's not going to sell....even with Nintendo too it seems!

I even saw some advertisements with Joe Calzaghe promoting the game, I figured that'd help a bit but I guess not.

At this point I dont see things ever turning around with hardcore sales on Wii.

I have not seen Joe Calzaghe adverts but only seen the two players footage adverts on telly.

I thought those Calzaghe adverts were soo cringe worthy. What happened to that absolute genius trailer that was shown on here???

The Calzaghe ads are a bit...rubbish. There needs to be more to promote this.

This is going to be my "congratulations, you've finished Uni" game. Hoping to pick this up in the first week of June.

Little King's Story should be my "congratulations, you've got your first teaching job" game. Hoping to pick that up sometime in June.

Yeah I've seen this advertised once! it was the two player Calzage one, and he didn't exactly seem enthusiastic!

What's the point in producing those awesome advert style trailers and then not using them?! I hate Nintendo sometimes!

Can't believe had to bump this from page 2! Anyway picked it up finally today will let you know what I think about it sooner or later.....likely after FA Cup final though...

Got my copy today too,its great! Just made it to the last guy on the World circuit, he seems impossible to beat right now lol

Got my copy today too,its great! Just made it to the last guy on the World circuit, he seems impossible to beat right now lol

Funny, I can't even beat Don Flamenco... :(

LOVE this game though, it's so addictive and has been a great introduction for me to the Punch Out series. I'm using the Wii 'mote on its side as the NES gods intended.

Can't believe had to bump this from page 2! Anyway picked it up finally today will let you know what I think about it sooner or later.....likely after FA Cup final though...
Yeah, what's going on with the lack of activity in this thread!? ::shrug:

I'm not playing as much since getting to last stand mode, (plus I'm now well into LKS ;)) but I still fire this up occationaly for the challenges or a bit of multiplayer.

Ahh... the beauty of Punch-Out!! It's so awesome later on once you've memorised the patterns and can take out the initially impossible boxers in like no time at all. :awesome: Such a great feeling.

Beating King Hippo on Title Defense is taking me a good while, in the meantime I'm doing the challenges.

Funny, I can't even beat Don Flamenco... :(

LOVE this game though, it's so addictive and has been a great introduction for me to the Punch Out series. I'm using the Wii 'mote on its side as the NES gods intended.

I'm up to Don Flamenco as well...My first punch out as well...I used the motion controls for the first tour but soon got bored of them tbh and my shoulder started hurting (long term injury finally got physio for it on tuesday woot!) so went to the standard wiimote controls and think it feels that little bit tighter.

My recond of KO's is horrendous, I think you have to be on the ball constantly cos a few missed dodges and you can be fucked right over.

I haven't picked the game up yet (I'm waiting for it to come down in price, sorry :red:) ..but I have been playing Super Punch-Out!! on the VC which I downloaded a couple of months ago. It was my first experience of the series and I wasn't quite sure what to expect.. but I love it :yay:

Anyway, I can't wait to get this eventually.. but since I still have to finish Super Punch-Out!! and have lots more to get through from The Pileâ„¢, it's an experience I will have to live without for a few weeks or months yet :heh:

Sign in to follow this