N-Europe

Klonoa: DtP ( Out Now! £14.99 Amazon & Play!! )

Darkspine S

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is looking phenomenal. I adored this on my old Playstation, as did the missus. It's a shoe-in for our Wii. Do we have any clue what the expected release date is for Europe?

I love how they've improved the visuals. I hope they don't abandon the Wii controls, but saying that I hope they don't try to force them in either. The motion gestures could work really well with throwing enemies around. It's going to be a must buy for me. They don't make platformers like this anymore.

Got this in my inbox this morning:

In an effort to make our games the best they can be, we welcome user feedback as a part of our game development process. The questions and surveys we ask will be for games you already own and play or for future titles that we are working on.

This is your chance to help shape the future of the games you love.

Klonoa Game Development Survey:

Your opinion makes and difference, so here's your chance to tell us what you think. Please take a moment to fill out this short survey about Klonoa so that we can continue to make great games that reflect what our fans want!

Anywhoo going through the survey I think they might want to "spice" the game up as this happened to be a question they asked:

ScreenHunter_01Oct301239-1.jpg

Maybe trying to Jazz up an old game for all the hip and cool kids out there. I won't say which one I voted for.

EDIT: yes it is about what Klonoa will probably look like as the rest of the questions relate to that. Meaning that according to which ever one gets the most votes, Klonoa will end up looking like it.

ScreenHunter_02Oct301248.jpgScreenHunter_03Oct301249.jpg

You guys are real suckers for your remakes... I just don't wanna see any of you complain when 50% of wii titles become remakes. I bet none of you asked yourselves why couldn't they just make a brand new game for the wii rather than a remake... Thats all I'll say.

Remakes can be annoying yeah, but as I said on the last page, I've personally not played Klonoa before, so for someone in my position a remake is a good way of making the game available to me. I'm sure there are others in the same boat so lets not judge it too much and hope it turns out to be a game worth buying, eh? :hehe:

Who's to say this will be a one off game though? We could see original sequels.

(P.S Klonoa A for me plz.)

You guys are real suckers for your remakes... I just don't wanna see any of you complain when 50% of wii titles become remakes. I bet none of you asked yourselves why couldn't they just make a brand new game for the wii rather than a remake... Thats all I'll say.
Yeah, cause you have played all the originals :nono:

Don't be stupid, a good game's a good game.

For a second here, I thought I was in a PS3 forum and this thread was about FF7.

Really, I've never seen Wii fans being emo and begging on their knees for a remake instead of a new game, now... On PS3...

C'maaann, give Klonoa A some love- looks badass!

darksnowman, if anyone was against abominationally changing major things in remakes i'd think it would be you.

Imagine they remake Diddy Kong without his cap, with pointy ears & wearing modern trainers.

darksnowman, if anyone was against abominationally changing major things in remakes i'd think it would be you.

Imagine they remake Diddy Kong without his cap, with pointy ears & wearing modern trainers.

Now you're making me feel guilty!

Haha, I've no nostalgic connection with Klonoa but if someone was to mess with the DKC series (oh wait, they did that with the GBA ports...) I'd be up in arms. I think the original Klonoa design is a bit weird on it- what's up with those ears anyway?!

That's the thing with a lot of this stuff, if you grew up with it, you don't want it changing, you can't look at it objectively anymore. Someone new to the series can be much more objective. So it's about are we trying to please the fans, or make it more accessible to a whole batch of new gamers!

As for me, I have no connection with the game either, but I prefer B. I'm not a fan of all this 'street' revisions of characters, to be hip to the new age!! :) I'm also a little susceptible to the old cute character will floppy bits that will flap when you run!