Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Awards 2007 Results Thread!

ReZourceman

N-E2007.jpg

WELCOME TO THE N-EUROPE AWARDS 2007 RESULTS THREAD!

Presented to you by Tellyn and ReZourceman. Thank you to Dyson and Sprout for tallying the results.

We were starting to think that Duke Nukem Forever's development would be complete before we ever got these results up. Just about 10 months since we initially voted for these awards though, we're finally done. Without further ado, the results are here for your perusal.

The 2007 N-Europe Member Of The Year

A man clad in green spotted his target without fail (it was the pose that gave it away). He bounded through the shadows with the silent grace of a leopard before caving in the skull of his prey with a glimmering golden trophy.

"Oh crap," said the man in green as his target crumpled into a motionless heap at his feet. "Erm... I was supposed to give this to you. Uh, here you go."

The green man dropped the trophy on his target's dead body and ran away.

Chairdriver is dead (ReZourceman is next). He was... Chairdriver, a logically-thinking genius who created various 'mafia games' to turn the forum populace against each other and make them paranoid and kill each other like the dogs they are. We'll give the trophy to his family.

--------------

Thread Starter of the Year

Is....Chairdriver!

Again?! Surely I can't be expected to write another gag for Chair? *Sigh* Let's see... well... screw it. The Mafia games of course are a big part of this one (it sure ain't his personality). Well done!

Best Mod Of The Year

Is.....Mr_Odwin and Supergrunch!

Mr_Odwin is the loveable father figure of a mod and Supergrunch is a pronounciationist extrordinaire (and I just know he's going to rip that sentence apart). The awards are voted by the members, so their contribution to the site is clearly appreciated, and without the whole moderating team the site would be....full of...you know.

Shit.

Thanks guys!

Best Admin Of The Year

Is....Ashley!

Ashley puts a lot of work in, both in front of the curtain and behind it. His dedication is recognised in this award, and I'm sure he will keep up the good work in 2008 (which I can guarantee he will, becuase... it's nearly finished.) P.S. He gave Dexter his stamp of approval, so = whinz.

Most Helpful Member Of The Year

Is.....Dante!

Dante. The newsie who is not a newsie. Often the first person to dish the dirt on the latest news, Dantes reports and posts are always well laid out, clear to see, and with easy links. It's also nice to see that Dante has come out of his shell this past year, and started to post non-news stuff. Thanks Dante!

Most Respected Member

Is.....Fierce LiNk!

Member? Pffft. Member should refer to mere mortals. This man has become a forum god. Men want to be with him. Women want to be him. And vice versa. Flinky, as we like to call him, is just a legend. A genuinely nice bloke... seems to get on with anyone, and is still interesting and has something positive say when by his own admission he's had a rough time in his personal life. We love you Flinky. Never change. And like the Nazgul, we will never stop stalking you (no matter what the restraining order entails).

Best Newcomer Of 2007

Is......HotDealzOnComputerz.com!

objection.jpg

Ugh, have it your way, Phoenix.

Best Newcomer of 2007

Is......bluey!

It's strange writing this nearly two years after she came here, but alas that's what happens when we are lazy with counting/write ups! Bluey (capitalised?) is passionate, enthusiastic, amusing, and always has good advice. She is now spreading the love in Japan! Dia Ho Swurn! (Is that... real...?) ^_^

Most Knowledgeable Member Of 2007

Is.....Dante!

Dante sneaks in with another award. With his finger so firmly on the pulse that he has become one with it, and answering people's questions instantly with accurate answers. Knowledge!

Funniest Member Of 2007

Is.....ReZourceman!

Should I be allowed to write my own write up? Of course not...

....So instead this'll be an acceptance speech. Thank you for this award. It does mean a lot to me, for without my humour I would be a silly little willy. That is why people who don't find me funny usually hate me. And so for that, I thank you. LOLZ!

Best/Worst Negative Member of 2007

Is.......UK!

Ahhh, UK. Or the_GANONDORF under his other alias. What does this award mean? No one knows. Or rather I don't really know. But alas it doesn't really matter, the boy with the unhealthy obsession with Johnny Allen from Eastenders is now banned. Unless hes under a new alias now? Who knows? Not me. Nope. He isn't me.

Spammer of the Year

Is......UK!

We got Ant_Shimmin to do an acceptance speech before he even won, and UK ended up sneaking in with yet another negative award. Whoops. UK/GANONDORF sure did spread his words in a lot of threads. But did what he have to say mean a lot? Not according to you voters. Good riddance, ye filthy spammer!

Most Missed Unbanned User Of The Year

Is......Mian Allah Rassi Mohammed Din Muzhar Jamal Rasool (also known as Fierce_Link)!

Thankfully in the past few months, Flinky has returned to a fairly regular posting schedule. This award just shows the influence and flare that Flink bought to forum. His threads are always excellent and everyone misses him when hes not here. Don't leave us again Flinkster!

Most Missed Banned User Of The Year

Is......motion!

Opinionated is one word for motion. Its hard to believe hes been away from us for a year now. Motion sometimes got himself into trouble... and fights, but the fact that he won this award shows that, either folk agreed with him, or at the very least respected him. We miss you motion. Come back.... oh... :(

User With The Best Sigs Of The Year

Is.....Fresh!

Fresh's unique and professional style is determinable (not a word?) from a mile off. And thats the sign of a good artist. Recognisable, eye catching, slick and stylish. Fresh is the king of Freshness, and he continues to impress with his epicly hax PS skillz, even teaching teh n00bzors to try and (fail) to match his skill. Having recently joined the ranks of the N-Europe graphics monkeys, Fresh is expanding his operations even more and bringing his own style to the main site. Next stop: WORLD DOMINATION.

User With The Best Avatars Of The Year

Is......Red Shell!

RedShell's deliciously colourful and simplistic stylised avatars (and artwork in general) are stunning. They fit in well with the general Nintendo style and they almost look like a screenshot of a well animated cartoon. Keep up the outstanding work, and stop pummelling us on the final run to the finish line you vicious bastard.

If You Were Stuck In A Lift With An N-Eer...Who Would It Be...Of The Year

Is.....Jayseven!

Jayseven, AKA The Awesome Dudeâ„¢. Jayseven is honest, awesome, and interesting. After meeting him in the flesh I can completely understand why people would like to be stuck... anywhere with him. He's extremely friendly, and... really good at organising Knee meets (he now has two under his belt)! He listens to anyone, and always offers his input and opinion. You could talk to him about anything. Even radioactive bacon slicers. Maybe. Good on you, dude!

The Taciturn Award

Is.....Dante!

What did this mean again? *Googles* Oh yeah, that's it. Well, as I've said, Dante has come out of his shell this year, but previously he would be almost solely a "news poster". There's little more that can be added for this one, but I'm fairly sure this'll be the last year Dante ends up with this award.

The User Who Spends Most Of His/Her Entire Life On Here

Is.....Dante!

Leave some awards for the others! :heh: Dante seems to be hanging on the keyboard ready the pounce at any moment! Bagging him his... fourth (ish) award.

Best Forum Moment of 2007

Is.....Dynastygal Gate!

Back in 2007 a new member joined N-E. She was a controversial member, sparking the oft-debated vegetarinism debate. Unfortunately this played off some of the other members "freedom of speech" alarms and lead to some very heated discussions. The few weeks of Dynastygals reign of....fundom culminated in her reporting some vegetarian row to McPhee... 'cept hes a butcher. She said she was going to bomb his work place, and was subsequently deleted from the ancient N-E archives.

The N-Europe 2007 Award For Personality Of The Year

Is.....Coolness Bears!

Narrowly missing out on the Newcomer award, one of the most cheerful and unique people in the whole damn world. Coolness is funny, eck sen trick, enthusiastic, OTT (in a good way) and a really nice and genuine person. His posts are filled with emoticons (of the smiley variety) and are easy to identify. He has a lot of funny stories, and hes just such a nice fella. :yay::bowdown::) Thank you Coolness, your upbeat manner can bring a smile to anyones face (even to mine after a shockingly bad day). :smile:

Best User Ever

Is.....Fierce LiNk!

We've covered Flinky in his previous two awards, and its no suprise he is NEs most behemothistical member. Flinky will literally go down in NE history, and he deserves to. The Best User Evvveeeerrrrr. 2007.

The N-Europe 2007 Lifetime Achievement Award

Is......Fierce LiNk and Ashley!

As has previously been stated Ashely puts in a lot of work into the site, and is firmly in its foundations. Flinky, the previous Admin helped to shape NE into what it is today (with his Whip of Doomâ„¢). Together their contribution to the site is massive, and we should be (and are) very thankful to them for this. Thank you guys. We hope that NE holds a special place in your hearts, as you do to us in our pants. I mean hearts. Our hearts.

---------------------

Best Game of the Year

Super Mario Galaxy

The diminutive, moustachioed, portly Italian plumber who kick-started the platforming genre won the hearts of millions when he returned for an inter-galactic adventure towards the end of 2007. His planet-hopping ways are still held in high regard to this day.

Worst Game of the Year

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Clearly you people haven't played Yaris on the Xbox Live Arcade.

Best Movie of the Year

Transformers

300 didn't win? This is blasphemy... this is madness!

"Madness?! THIS IS SHIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Best Album of the Year

Foo Fighters – Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

Those cats were fast as lightning.

Best Company of the Year

Nintendo

This one's the Rocky II of the N-E awards.

Best New Product of the Year

Wispa

Launched on a temporary basis in 2007, the Wispa is back for good as of last week! All hail the Wispa!

Person who should become leader of the free world! Mwahaha

Hellfire, Strider, bluey, Ellmeister, Letty, Dyson

A Portuguese Mafia Warlord, a Ranger from the North, a Japanese Phoenix Wright obsessive, Ichigo from Bleach, a castaway on an uncharted island somewhere off the coast of Scotland and a vaccuum cleaning terrorist who sometimes goes by the alias of Henderson all share the prize for this award.

Guy I despise so much I'd pay someone to kill ya and stuff you and leave you by my bed so when I wake up in the morning I could roll over and punch you in the face...of the year.

Motion.

So first of all you guys miss him more than the summer sunshine, now you want his head on a pike? We think there's some multiple personality shenanigans going on here.

Thank you for reading.

Join us this time.....well hopefully in under 6 months if we can pull our fingers out! :heh:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Helpful Member Of The Year

Is.....Dante!

Dante. The newsie who is not a newsie. Often the first person to dish the dirt on the latest news, Dantes reports and posts are always well laid out, clear to see, and with easy links. It's also nice to see that Dante has come out of his shell this past year, and started to post non-news stuff. Thanks Dante!

Most Knowledgeable Member Of 2007

Is.....Dante!

Dante sneaks in with another award. With his finger so firmly on the pulse that he has become one with it, and answering people's questions instantly with accurate answers. Knowledge!

The Taciturn Award

Is.....Dante!

What did this mean again? *Googles* Oh yeah, that's it. Well, as I've said, Dante has come out of his shell this year, but previously he would be almost solely a "news poster". There's little more that can be added for this one, but I'm fairly sure this'll be the last year Dante ends up with this award.

The User Who Spends Most Of His/Her Entire Life On Here

Is.....Dante!

Leave some awards for the others! :heh: Dante seems to be hanging on the keyboard ready the pounce at any moment! Bagging him his... fourth (ish) award.

I got four awards. :o

I would like to thank you rez and also tellyn,haggis,letty,hellfire,roadkill,fish,domjcg,metroidmj,jay7 and Raining_again.

Awesome. The results are finally in. Great write ups aswell, was laughing all the way through them. Congrats to everyone who got an award, or in Dante/Asheley/Flinky's case, awards :heh:

A forum couple would be fun, but we only have a few real ones, so we should have a fantasy couple optio or something. And give the green names some love for the next awards :heh:

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!! :yay:

Awesome! I can't believe I won an award for Personality Of The Year. :D

I'm shocked! That has given me a nice warm feeling in my heart and actually made a FANTASTIC end to my day. Thanks for the lovely comments ReZ. These results could not have come at a better time. :grin: (Monday Blues :p)

And give the green names some love for the next awards :heh:

Heck yeah. :awesome:

As for forum couples, we should have some sort of tag team deathmatch to decide the winner. Eenuh vs. Jordan in a shootout, bluey vs. Flink in a joust, Jamba and Letty in a fistfight on a speeding bullet train heading towards a water mains and carrying an unstable gas capable of causing insanity.... etc.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!