N-Europe

Google Chrome

thirtynine.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking the past few days. I like the spaciousness of it. :smile:

Yeah, I feel exactly the same about it. I don't know why though as there isn't really that much more space on it than other browsers. Maybe it's just because the whole layout is so clean and tidy.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its with having the tabs right up at the top, it takes everything else up with it out of the way and makes the whole screen feel like its the webpage. I noticed that its automatically fills in the "speed dial." Does Opera have the option to do that too? If so, I've not got my Opera configured to do so. I thought it was a nice touch in Chrome when I opened a new tab and it was already trying to populate the speed dial.

I think its with having the tabs right up at the top, it takes everything else up with it out of the way and makes the whole screen feel like its the webpage. I noticed that its automatically fills in the "speed dial." Does Opera have the option to do that too? If so, I've not got my Opera configured to do so. I thought it was a nice touch in Chrome when I opened a new tab and it was already trying to populate the speed dial.

Opera has tabs pretty much at the top too though? Opera doesn't and I'm not sure which I prefer. I don't like the sites to move about all the time as I always seem to lose them.

Is there an option in Opera to have tabs right at the very top like in Chrome? If so I haven't found or toyed with that option. In Opera (and Firefox... and... Safari too, lol) I've just got the tabs a row or two below the address bar, depending on what bookmarks and stuff I have between the address bar and the tabs bit.

I haven't used Chrome enough to have the speed dial links move about alot yet. I guess it would be a problem if they automatically get listed in order of your most used- but isn't that what speed dial should be for anyway... your most frequently visited sites...? :heh:

Is there an option in Opera to have tabs right at the very top like in Chrome? If so I haven't found or toyed with that option. In Opera (and Firefox... and... Safari too, lol) I've just got the tabs a row or two below the address bar, depending on what bookmarks and stuff I have between the address bar and the tabs bit.

I haven't used Chrome enough to have the speed dial links move about alot yet. I guess it would be a problem if they automatically get listed in order of your most used- but isn't that what speed dial should be for anyway... your most frequently visited sites...? :heh:

I have my tabs in Opera just above the address bar.

Well yes, but they should be in the order I want them to be in rather than the order of most visited. I've got it set up nicely in Opera so I can do it virtually without looking at it.

Above the address bar is one thing but Chrome has them literally at the top, not just above everything else, but touching the top of your screen, where the application title would normally go. It also has no progress bar, just a small left-aligned one that appears when you mouseover certain elements. That's why it feels spacious.

It takes up an awful lot of memory, but i really like it. It's clean, unobtrusive layout is really refreshing.

It's not fussy. Loads pages really fast and i really like the window view on the new tab page. Firefox is feeling lonely since Ii installed it!

I'm considering installing this over the weekend, it does look impressive.

I'm also thinking that this is an attempt by Google to take over the whole internet.

Don't be wrong - it is an attempt of Google taking over the internet, but Google is a great overlord. The only thing we have to suffers through are those cumbersome Google Ads - and as long as Google makes money in that spectrum, we get stuff for free!

Also, Google is already half the internet.

Don't be wrong - it is an attempt of Google taking over the internet, but Google is a great overlord. The only thing we have to suffers through are those cumbersome Google Ads - and as long as Google makes money in that spectrum, we get stuff for free!

Also, Google is already half the internet.

Probably more. It indexes search engines too, so it will have almost everything.

I'm ashamed to say Google basically run my life now.

I use Chrome and am really liking it.

I'm using Google Documents which is fantastic. I wish they had this a couple years ago since I wouldn't have lost so much work to broken HDDs and laptops.

I use Gmail.

I use iGoogle, Blogger and Analytics as well.

Damn Google and their seamless integration and ease of use.

I tried it, and it's pretty cool! Hopefully the final version (if there'll ever be a non-beta Google project) will be a competitor of Firefox and Internet Explorer.

You can make Firefox as spaceous as Chrome though. I have more space in FF than in Chrome. Nevertheless, I really like the interface.

Ok, i have installed it and my impressions of it are as follows: (bearing in mind i have used it for about 3 hours now)

Its a good browser, it has a good amount of space and it does load up quick. It is easy to use as well. Now the problems, even though Firefox loads up slower it downloads pages quicker than Chrome. I tested it on a large data page and Firefox took less time to load the page than Chrome did. Videos and music play better in Firefox.

Which is why i am now sticking to Firefox. Reason it is better, works better and actually loads pages quicker.

And i am still sticking to my earlier statement with Google are taking over the whole Internet.

Its no excuse for majour things to have huge kinks in it.

Beta = not neccesarily working. If you don't want to try something that *could* be faulty you don't try a beta. Theres nothing about no excuses, you aren't even paying for it :indeed:

Once I worked out how to get my favourite on it, s'all good. I quite like actually. Seems a bit slow, maybe its cause i'm on a wireless data card, i'm not sure - i'll give it a test with my normal broadband at some point.

The only minor annoyance for me is the scrolling with mouse. I think I must have my Firefox set up so it scrolls slower, and its kinda making me a tad confused :heh: