Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Favourite Quotes

navarre

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

- V

That is my big shiny shoe, and YOU are the biggest piece of shit on it. LICK yourself off my shoe.

- Chris Morris

You are a Paedophile. You are a nonce. You're a perve. You're a slot badger. You're a two-pin-din plug. You're a bush dodger, you're a small bean regarder. You're an una-bummer. You're a nut administrator. You're a bent ref. You're the crazy world of Arthur Brown. You're a fence-foal, you're a free willy. You're a chimney bottler; you're a bunty man; you're a shrub rocketeer...

- Chris Morris

There's quite few famous Bible ones, ones of the top of my head:

Ask an ye shall recieve; seek and ye shall find; knock and the door will be opened unto you.

Forgive them father; for they know not what they do.

My God, My God; why have you forsaken me?

All of course, quoted from Jesus.

I have many quotes that I like. I have a certain fondness of Albert Einstein quotes and quotes from movies like Star Wars and The Matrix and the like.

I'm too tired to post any right now, though. :p

A Matrix one I always act out when someone ducks down enabling you to grip them in a headlock:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Smith headlocking Neo*

You hear that Mr Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability. That is the sound of your death.
My name..... Is NEO!

*Neo leaps up and dodges an oncoming train missing him by millimetres*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's party time! P, A, R, T Why? Cause I gotta!

A Matrix one I always act out when someone ducks down enabling you to grip them in a headlock:

*Smith headlocking Neo*

*Neo leaps up and dodges an oncoming train missing him by millimetres*

I love The Matrix quotes, and I can recite many of them off the top of my head, for example Smith's monologue before the Burly Brawl and (almost) the Architect's monologue. For some strange reason, people call me nerdy ... ::shrug:

There are also some simpler ones that I find really great:

What do all men with power want? More power.
You see, he's just a man.
Why, Mr. Anderson, why, why do you persist?
Because I choose to.
Free your mind.

I don't like Matrix quotes, because they try far too hard to be deep, and at the end of the day it's a really overhyped un-deep action movie.

Agreed, it's bad writing badly executed. Each to his/her own though.

Your sig reminded me:

"There are things machines will never do. They cannot possess faith, they cannot commune with God, they cannot appreciate beauty, they cannot create art. If they ever learn these things, they won't have to destroy us, they'll be us."

- Sarah Connor

From Terminator:SCC - The Demon Hand. (My favorite episode)

Darth Vader: "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Peter Griffin (Family Guy) trying to speak italian: "Babadabubi? Bibedebubede babedebebede."

Joker (The Dark Knight): "Why so serious?"

Archimedes: "Noli turbare cirulos meos." (do not disturb my circles)

My grandfather (when he was about to do something risky): "Have faith."

I think Kane said something like this in Tiberium Wars: "Control of the media is control of the mind."

I: "Justice has a winner." (feels strange to quote myself and I originally said this because I mixed up some things but it proved to be quite funny to randomly spit out when playing games)

Klingon Proverb: "Today is a good day to die."

Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch

It just oozes positivity. If a snail, a small little creature that has such a short lfiespam, can see the benefits and the beauty in every inch of life maybe this world ain't so bad.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum:

I'm never getting married. You want an absolute? A sure thing? Well, there it is. Veronica Mars, spinster...old maid. Carve it in stone. I mean, come on. What's the point? Sure, there's the initial primal drive...hormonal surge...whatever you want to call it. Ride it out. Better yet, ignore it. Sooner or later, the people you love betray you.

Best opening to a show ever methinks :p Which is then backed up by the later voiceover;

You want to know how I lost my virginity? So do I.

The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of a thousand is a statistic.

It's an unfortunate truth...

A man is known by the books he reads.

Yay for education.

"There are no atheists in foxholes isn't an argument against atheism; it's and argument against foxholes.

Pacifism AND atheism in one quote. Go Mr. Morrison.

I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Ah, a classic... :indeed:

Yeah, those Matric quotes weren't particularly interesting, but then I've never seen the two sequels. I liked the visuals of the first, but they're now cliched. And the concept is unsettling, but not really, now all it's mystery is tarnished.

My favourite Matrix quote apart from those already said is this one ...

"Human beings are a disease... a cancer on this planet".

It often springs to mind when i think how much we've screwed up the Earth.

I often get quotes stuck in my head, i can quote pretty much all of the Rush Hours because i shamelessly love them. The quote i've most had in my head lately though is...

232310_res3_CaptainJackSparrow.jpg

"Me, i'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! It's the honest ones you want to look out for."

Pure brilliance.

Here's a few I like.

You probably don't think that I can force this towel down your throat. But trust me, I can. All the way. Except I'd hold onto this one little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest it, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. For most people it would take about a week to die. It's very painful.

I'm gonna need a hacksaw.

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crownless again shall be king.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!