Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Favourite Quotes

navarre

My commeriserations if this thread has already been done before. As the title aptly suggests, this is the thread for awesome quotes.

We don't have homosexuals like in your country. We don't have that in our country. We don't have this phenomenon; I don't know who's told you we have it.

Mahmoud Admadinejad

In the world, there are deviations from the right path: Christianity and Judaism. Dollars have been devoted to the propagation of these deviations. There are also false claims that these religions will save mankind. But Islam is the only religion that can save mankind

Mahmoud Admadinejad

Nuclear Weapons are so Twentieth Century

Mahmoud Admadinejad

To die hating them, that was freedom

George Orwell

The animals outside looked from the pigs to the humans; from the humans to the pigs; then from the pigs to the humans again. But already it was impossible to say which was which.

George Orwell

There's plenty other good ones, I've got them on my computer.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can wake up tomorrow morning and think: I didn't make that film. But Guy Ritchie has to wake up and think: I made Revolver.

If you paid to see Norbit, look deep inside yourself. Look deep inside yourself and take the same amount of money you paid to see that movie and give it to a good cause because believe me, you're karmically unbalanced if you paid to see that film.

(On Fred Claus)

Demonstrates that Christmas has been overtaken by Satan and he and his minions are slowly planning attack on all western culture and we are going to drop down into the bowels of Hades because of films like this.

(On Little Man)

It's possessed by the devil. Literally. This is an evil film.

Mark "Best Film Critic Ever" Kermode

I've got a few quotes:

Football Quotes:

Shaw, Williams prepared to adventure down the left. There's a good ball played in for Tony Morley...Oh, it must be! It is! Peter Withe!

- Commentator for the 1982 European Cup Final.

Can Manchester United score? They always score!

- Clive Tyldesley, commentating the 1999 Champions League Final. Back then, we did not know what was going to happen next...

AND SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT!

- Clive Tyldesley.

Even though I'm not a Man Utd fan, that commentary never fails to raise the hairs on the back my neck.

I'm a firm believer that if we score a goal, then the other team have to score two to win.

- Howard Wilkinson (I think)

If history is to repeat itself, then I should expect the same thing to happen again.

- Unsure about this one, it was either Terry Venables or Kevin Keegan. (I need clarification plz.)

Anime Quotes:

Man fears darkness, so he scrapes away at the edges with fire.

- Rei Ayanami

Anyone accepting defeat will be punished by running ten laps around the school, NAKED! And they'll have to yell "Green Martians are chasing me!" through the whole ten laps!

- Haruhi Suzumiya

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"Everything is clearer now

Life is just a dream you know

That's never ending

I'm ascending" - Cowboy Bebop Blue

"Don't believe if me who believes in you, don't believe in you who believes in me, believe in you, who believes in himself" - Kamina (GL)

"I love my brick" - Father Jack

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Get away from her, you *bitch!*

Newt: Are we gonna sleep all the way home?

Ripley: All the way home.

Newt: Can I dream?

Ripley: Yes, honey. I think we both can.

How are you supposed to know?! Fucking men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative. You don't know what it's like to really create something; to create a life; to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death!

In a musical, nothing dreadful ever happens.
Selma: You like the movies, don't you?

Bill Houston: I love the movies. I just love the musicals.

Selma: But isn't it annoying when they do the last song in the films?

Bill Houston: Why?

Selma: Because you just know when it goes really big... and the camera goes like out of the roof... and you just know it's going to end. I hate that. I would leave just after the next to last song... and the film would just go on forever.

Couldn't find the exact one from DitD, but that's the gist, she repeats it a few times.

Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Han Solo: Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her.

Obi-Wan: The Force will be with you, always.

Obi-Wan: Use the Force, Luke.

There my favorite Star Wars one ;)

If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.

- Woody Allen

I shot my typewriter once with a Nine Millimeter. Bastard never knew what hit it.

- Hunter S. Thompson

"I was saying boo-urns." - Hans Moleman

"Sperm is like lending a fiver, you can't really ask for it back." - Peep Show

"Fabric said they didn't want the mix (How dumb is that? Justice could fart through a vocoder and it would go double uranium.)" - Random Internet Comment

"I Am Lightning, the rain transformed."

- Raiden, MGS4

I have always found that mercy bears richer fruit than strict justice.

- Abe Lincoln

"Last night I dreamt

That somebody loved me.

No hope, no harm,

Just another false alarm." - The Smiths

Man—every man—is an end in himself, not the means to the ends of others.

- Ayn Rand

"Your confusion, my illusion, worn like a mask of self-hate, confronts and then dies." - Ian Curtis, Joy Division

"You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back."

- Vincent, Gattaca

Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty... I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led diffcult lives and led them well.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Those who speak of love most promiscuously are the ones who've never felt it. They make some sort of feeble stew out of sympathy, compassion, contempt and general indifference, and they call it love.

- Gail Wynand

To sell your soul is the easiest thing in the world. That’s what everybody does every hour of his life. If I asked you to keep your soul - would you understand why that is much harder?

- Howard Roark

Every form of happiness is private. Our greatest memories are personal, self-motivated, not to be touched. The things which are sacred or precious to us are the things we withdraw from promiscuous sharing.

- Gail Wynand

To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

- E. E. Cummings

No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won't hurt.

- Hunter S. Thompson

Right, there are a lot of Einstein's quotes that I like, so I've looked some of them up:

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.

I don't really have any quotes that I can think of on the spot. There are a few though... I know there is. But they only come when they... come. I guess.

I like Woody Allen though.

"My one regret in life is that I am not someone else."

Oh, just thought of one. I really like this, by Bill Hicks:

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride...” But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. Jesus - murdered; Martin Luther King - murdered; Malcolm X - murdered; Gandhi - murdered; John Lennon - murdered; Reagan... wounded. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

Except no one ever quotes it properly or fully, so let's take a watch.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!