N-Europe

Retro_Link

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome physics!

That does look pretty impressive. I dont think i'll miss it too much on the console version but it does look like it gives Arkham much more of an atmosphere about it.

Will our pre-order price definately be honoured on release?

Well so far mine is still at the low price in my account

Will our pre-order price definately be honoured on release?

Well it wasn't a misprice it was a promotional thing. It was sent out in their promotional e-mails and was listen on the front page of the site as such. I think so many people pre-ordered that they just put the price back up. Mine is still at £22.50, or however much.

Fingers crossed!

I did enjoy the demo, everything looks and feels great, but I do have this horrible feeling that it will just be room after room of gargoyle statue hopping. Also batsy should have some method for taking down an armed enemy other than 'zip away and get shot to ribbons as you do'.

If you press up on the D-pad there are 8 slots for gadgety type things so hopefully that'll add to the variation.

I do love freaking the grunts though. There was one guy left and I was just messing around and the Joker goes 'He's behind youuuu!....Just joking!' over the intercom and the guy freaks out (All the while I was suspended from a gargoyle waiting to do an inverted takedown :heh: ). Love it.

Yeah I love leaving a badguy hanging upside down and watching all his mates crowd around him then cutting his line

Ha! I didn't know you could cut the line. Guess I'm going to have to play the demo one more time.

Yeah, there's one in the first room where Joker beats up the guard and then the other is in the room with the electric chair.

I didn't know about the glass takedown either. I checked to see if there was a takedown when you hide under the floor but alas, there wasn't.

Do want! I found it a bit wierd that batman cant jump (unless im missing something), otherwise the demo was excellent

You can kind of jump-roll with double tapping A, and use A to flip over enemies (on 360, probably X on PS3) but there's no standard jump, he'd look a bit stupid jumping though. Remember, Link can't jump either (without a feather)....

So nobody else thinks this game is in danger of being repetitive? I hope you're right... I'll probably pre-order the regular edition.

The standard combat may be a bit repetitive - the counter-attack is a bit too easy to pull off (but at least you can't hold down block and press Y to win every single fight, like Assassin's Creed), so hopefully standard enemies get a bit smarter.

Still, the demo was surprisingly good fun.

You can kind of jump-roll with double tapping A, and use A to flip over enemies (on 360, probably X on PS3) but there's no standard jump, he'd look a bit stupid jumping though. Remember, Link can't jump either (without a feather)....

So nobody else thinks this game is in danger of being repetitive? I hope you're right... I'll probably pre-order the regular edition.

strictly speaking, Halo is really repetitive. So is L4D.

the key to those games is a varied toolset in an otherwise rigid series of situations. Hopefully this game will follow suite by offering a wide variety of takedowns and tactics from the gadgets you get your hands on later in the game.

Remember that this is the first level.