N-Europe

Super Hero Movies

Coolness Bears

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No love for Supergirl?! :heh: (horrific 80's bollox)

PICHELENSLATERSUPERGIRLFORBLOG.jpg

And Christopher Reeves was the ultimate Superman. The originals were great popcorn movies. Nothing more, nothing less.

MV5BMjE5MDczOTYzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTIwNzU2._V1._SX272_SY400_.jpg

Sin City is possibly the greatest stylised (and as close as possible to the source material) comic-book adaption. I personally feel that anything else feels too "cosplay". It takes an astoundingly emotional story arc to bring a hero to life -Spiderman 1-2 did this well. (Even if it looked "silly" (ala cosplay) at times.) I like the "popcorn" movies (or ... CASUAL movies!) but I wish they would actually leave some heroes within the confines of paper and ink!

V for Vendetta is probably my favourite, but then again im a massive Hugo Weaving fan. Spiderman 1 was quite good aswell, along with the newish Batmans. Unfortunately most are cheese, I'm looking at you Fantastic Four.

No love for Supergirl?! :heh: (horrific 80's bollox)

PICHELENSLATERSUPERGIRLFORBLOG.jpg

And Christopher Reeves was the ultimate Superman. The originals were great popcorn movies. Nothing more, nothing less.

MV5BMjE5MDczOTYzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTIwNzU2._V1._SX272_SY400_.jpg

Sin City is possibly the greatest stylised (and as close as possible to the source material) comic-book adaption. I personally feel that anything else feels too "cosplay". It takes an astoundingly emotional story arc to bring a hero to life -Spiderman 1-2 did this well. (Even if it looked "silly" (ala cosplay) at times.) I like the "popcorn" movies (or ... CASUAL movies!) but I wish they would actually leave some heroes within the confines of paper and ink!

Your cosplay references kinda make no sense. One has to suspend their disbelief to watch superhero films, you know. (And with Sin City)

And I remember my dad taped Supergirl off the telly for me when I was like 3, and I loved it. :yay:

Nope. Best fun without entering the realm of silliness, but doesn't come close to Dark Knight. Both as a film, and as a faithful adaptation of Batman.

That's such a subjective thing, most of the Batmans for their time have been pretty faithful renditions of the comics. Even the Adam west stuff back in the day was pretty close to the comics of that time.

as far as i know Burton's movies never were, though. They're great, but they're far more Burton movies than Batman.

Yah.

Considering his Joker is nothing like the one in The Killing Joke or Arkham Asylum:ASHOSE, both of which were BIG comics around the time of Burton's Batman.

And Catwoman in Returns was nothing like the more grounded character they established in the late 80's/early 90's. They reinvented her as a former prostitute inspired by Batman, who had to work her way up by stealing. Sure villains can be interpreted as one will, but she's far more akin to the 60's Catwoman, but updated.

This is something I hate about comics, sales slump so they reinvent characters, and all of a sudden everything you know about a character is wrong.

Yeah, but to be fair, the first Dc Crisis was needed, to tie everything up.

However, there's that kinda cleaning up, and then theres One More Day/Brand New Day in Spider-Man.

That's the thing that put the final nail in the coffin of my love for Marvel.

Yeah, but to be fair, the first Dc Crisis was needed, to tie everything up.

However, there's that kinda cleaning up, and then theres One More Day/Brand New Day in Spider-Man.

That's the thing that put the final nail in the coffin of my love for Marvel.

I've heard some bad things about Marvel, Spiderman in particular.

Peter made a deal with the devil (well...close enough. Mephisto) to save Aunt Mays life (because she got shot, and Pete feels responsible) but in exchange for saving her life, Peter and Marys relationship was to be erased, and they were to be broken up etc, and neither remember they were.

And this bought back Harry.

So now Pete lives with a room mate guy, and the stories are just amazing....its just....how they got there. And bringing Harry back is extremely cheap.

When they could have just got a divorce or whatever.