NEurope

Well, they're brave for taking this different route, so fair play to them for that.

I'm going to hold out for a bit longer before I fully comment on the "no multiplayer" news, as I want to know more about how the game works first. It could be that this game is seen as a solo-experience, and not one you need to play with others. Think about the multiplayer in Metroid Prime 2. The game was fine without the multiplayer, it didn't hurt to have it there, but it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. This game could be a different offering to something like the Conduit, which is focused on the online aspect of the game.

I actually think the reason for not having a multiplayer is because of a different reason.

It could be a Third Person Shooter. Or even a Third Person Adventure.

First official artwork (bar the ugly IGN-logo ofcourse). That doesn't look like any old Wild West-town to me. This is lookking more and more like The Dark Tower! ;) Intruiging...

red-steel-2-20090429113259130-000.jpg

Edited by Strange Cookie

This is the first Wii game that has actually got me excited.

Digging the whole gun slinger thing.

Yeah, because BioShock sucked ass.

Yes, but Bioshock was something spectacular, with an amazing and engrossing story. Is this going to rival Bioshock? hmmm

Yes, but Bioshock was something spectacular, with an amazing and engrossing story. Is this going to rival Bioshock? hmmm

Probably not, but don't be so quick to dismiss it.

I wonder if the no multiplayer has anything to do with Motion+.

Probably not, but don't be so quick to dismiss it.

I wonder if the no multiplayer has anything to do with Motion+.

Hmmm, hope not. But I see what you mean, if it's motionplus exclusively then they may think why work on a mode that actually not many people can play (because they dont have two motionplus'); but then it's all usually online anyway so that doesn't make sense....

Who knows. It's a real shame, but ultimately, if it means they're making the game better for it then I don't care that much. I just want a great game!

I was also wondering from a tech standpoint. Maybe all that added data from the motion+ might cause problems (too much lag).

I have no idea what I'm talking about...

All will be revealed this week I guess. Hope you're wrong though. It's annoying that we cant multiplayer with the balance board, if WiiMotionPlus has tech problems and stops people from bothering then that will be shit.

Though I'm sure Virtua Tennis, Tiger Woods, Grand Slam and Wii Sports Resort are all multiplayer games.

So far we have:

An old-fashioned cowboy (Eastern origin?) with eastern influenced patters and on his (or hers?)clothes and samurai-paddings on his arms, wielding a big gun and a katana, and a modern-looking city in the middle of what looks like a desert and an obvious nod to the Japanese flag (big red sun).

Interesting. I'll keep my eye on this one. I loved red Steel, even with the control-issues, the lazy cutscenes and voice-acting and terrible animations. Hasn't aged well, though.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Looking at this new art, this game looks like it could turn out to have an incredible style to it. Hopefully the gameplay is good.

First official artwork (bar the ugly IGN-logo ofcourse). That doesn't look like any old Wild West-town to me. This is lookking more and more like The Dark Tower! ;) Intruiging...

red-steel-2-20090429113259130-000.jpg

Excellent. Thats sublime, simply sublime.

So far we have:

An old-fashioned cowboy (Eastern origin?) with eastern influenced patters and on his (or hers?)clothes and samurai-paddings on his arms, wielding a big gun and a katana, and a modern-looking city in the middle of what looks like a desert and an obvious nod to the Japanese flag (big red sun).

Oh yeah!

I really loved the Japanese setting in the original. It really made the game stand out to me.

I'd like it if they retained a Japanese element somehow.

Thats a fine piece of art. :grin:

Looking past the noise added, this being a scan, its looking pretty good. Unfortunately the stylization isn't going to go over well with mainstream gamers.

Who didn't instantly think MGS?

Yo! (mainly due to the fact that I've never had the honour of playing one :()

Yes. Shoot me now.

I think it looks sweet, although not a lot can be judged from those one-and-a-half screens. Anyone here with a brief rundown on the low-down?

Who didn't instantly think MGS?

Anyways, looking forward to seeing more, looks good!

Me.

But I guess it does look kind of like Grey Fox.

Strangely enough, I quite like the noise.

Strangely enough, I quite like the noise.

Try viewing the image at full size. Its not bad zoomed out though.

Try viewing the image at full size. Its not bad zoomed out though.

Yeah, it's a bit too much noise but it'd be cool if the game did have that effect.

A bit like pop art.

55251520090430_223331_1_big.jpg

Looks awesome. I really cannot wait. Between Assassin's Creed 2 and this, Ubisoft are rocking.

I'm getting a first person No More Heroes vibe from this. A bit Killer7 you might even say.

Wow, this looks very, very different to the first game. From what I can see, it looks very swish, but the real test is whether or not it plays well. However, I still can't get over the style change. Maybe the more realistic look didn't work for Ubisoft, so they went for this instead?