NEurope

The FPS part of RS was actually quite good. The sword fighting was absolutely terrible. The point I had the most problems with, bar maybe one level, was trying to complete those friggin' combos in the training sessions. Absolutely frustrating! :shakehead

Ubisofts one glimmer of hope on the Wii?

I did enjoy the first game, once i got used to the "controls" but it was majorly flawed of course.

If they could see these themselves and actually improve what needs improving then great.... though i prolly won't get it on release.... the whole Beyond Good & Evil 2 thing still hurts :(

British publication NGamer are set to feature a first look at Red Steel 2, the highly-anticipated sequel to the slashy/shooty Wii launch title.

Red Steel 2 is an elusive beast; Ubisoft haven't confirmed much beyond its existence, and the fact that it's set to support the waggle-enhancing MotionPlus accessory. Beyond that, gamers are completely in the dark.

However, it looks as though Red Steel 2 is in a presentable state right now, as the "Next Month" page in Issue #34 of British Nintendo magazine NGamer promises to feature a first look at Red Steel 2 and "MotionPlus swordsmanship" in the May 2009 issue, which will hit news stands on Wednesday March 25th.

Ubisoft have slated Red Steel 2 for a Q4 2009 release, which gives you plenty of time to catch on the highly-anticipated sequel's flawed yet admirable predecessor.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12926

wow now red steel in a game that needs improving in every way..

controls,ai,graphics,everything..

for them it's should almost like starting from scratch.. motion plus is a very good first step.. so they are still focussing on sword fighting then..good i guess

I thought the graphics and controls (apart from sword fighting) in RS1 were ok for a launch title. I enjoyed playing and finishing it.

I wouldn't be surprised when the screenshots are released, they rival The Conduit.

From what I've played of the first one (up to the bank level) its not that bad a game. It just had some flaws. The controls were bad, the graphics weren't quite the best. But in general it was a good game. Red Steel 2 will most likely fix those flaws and end up being one of the better games this year.

I thought the graphics and controls (apart from sword fighting) in RS1 were ok for a launch title. I enjoyed playing and finishing it.

I wouldn't be surprised when the screenshots are released, they rival The Conduit.

Ubisoft are producing easily some of the best visuals of this generation; unfortunately they are yet to apply this dedication to the Wii!

Hopefully they'll unlock the Wii's potential with Red Steel 2!

I've just lost too much faith in Ubisoft to get excited over this!

I've just lost too much faith in Ubisoft to get excited over this!

I don't know really, Ubisoft havn't exactly made great games for the Wii so far (except the odd few including Red Steel), so this could be a chance for Ubi to turn things around again and prove that the Wii isn't just about party games all the time.

I may look into this when more details become available, the first game was pretty good and used the motion controls well.

I still maintain that there were bits of Red Steel that actually worked pretty well, but the overall production values were just so shoddy. It was the game equivalent of somebody building a house with one really good wall, half a roof and live electrical wiring flapping all over the place. Also, the house is full of urine and poo.

I still maintain that there were bits of Red Steel that actually worked pretty well, but the overall production values were just so shoddy. It was the game equivalent of somebody building a house with one really good wall, half a roof and live electrical wiring flapping all over the place. Also, the house is full of urine and poo.

Word. There were moments where I thought "this is piss poor" and "this is shit" before thinking "man...this has nice walls!"

Red Steel...a money pit. :heh:

Red Steel was a launch title, it was probably rushed. And I doubt the team that made it has been making crap games every since. They most likely started RS2 as soon as the first one came out.

I really enjoyed Red Steel, it had a fun story -which is pretty rare these days. The controls were not perfect, but the creativity and entertainment factors were off the charts.

The level with the transvestite school girls being a particular high point.

I really enjoyed Red Steel, it had a fun story -which is pretty rare these days. The controls were not perfect, but the creativity and entertainment factors were off the charts.

Plus the graphics were pretty good once you reached Japan.

i enjoyed red steel, just felt it lacked polish. had some good bits, had some shit bits.

graphics werent great but they certainly werent awful for a wii game.

sword fighting was hit and miss. the odd fight could work, but towards the end you just had to pretend to have a fit and pray youd win.

LOL - that is an awesome post. I swear you write like you used to write for Channel 4's Digitiser on Teletext!

I enjoyed Red Steel 1 as it was the first Wii FPS I played and the aiming felt pretty novel and fresh. The whole "gangster style" aiming thing too, although gimmicky, did kinda feel good, just to be able to switch it up whenever you wanted. I thought some of the visuals were pretty good too, though emphasis on the some.

Of course the game was flawed as hell as a whole but a well polished sequel could definitely be a great game. Apparently this project has been through development hell basically though so I'm cautious on how it'll turn out.

http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen30442_des-images-d-un-projet-avorte-de-red-steel-2.html

Link contains what are rumoured to be pictures of a canned Red Steel 2 project, i.e. concepts that Ubisoft aren't taking into the final game. Some of them are very outlandish in their looks but for the most part it's all stock images and concepts which could have been taken from the first game. Still, these are only rumoured to be canned concepts at the moment.

Despite many people warning me not to buy Red Steel for the Wii, it was actually the first Wii game that I saw which made me interested in buying the console in the first place. It's not so bad but the controls, so so graphics in places, the plot...need an update.

I'm hoping that Red Steel 2 will be an improvement over the first one. With or without Wii motion plus this game has to be good.

Ubisoft don't have a lot of respect from me because soon after the Wii came out they just released some half baked games and didn't put any quality in them.

As a left handed player, Ubisoft seem to have completely forgotten us and games like RS, RR don't work so well because often any Wii guestures are the opposite for us. So a left handed mode please!

If the game doesn't have M+ they're going to have to take out the sword fighting if they want the game to be good.

Though they're almost for sure going to have M+ in the game.

I think Red Steel has a large wall to climb to please everyone but I hope they give the main character some lines in this game this time round.

If I wanted to play as 'Slient Bob' or 'Gordon Freeman' I would have told Ubisoft straight away.

Some of those images look like they belong to the last prince of persia game rather than a red steel sequel.