NEurope

Red Steel 2 has been in developement hell, to say the least.

I'm not really allowed to say alot but basically, after about a year of developement Ubisoft did a quality test and thoguht Red steel 2 was absolute balls, so threw all the work on the game out and gave it to a different developer. Hence why its taken them longer to make a sequel to this then something like Rainbow Six or Assassin's Creed lol.

It should be for the best when it finally comes out though.

What happened to this supposed quality control test in, oh, pretty much every single game that Ubisoft has published for the Wii so far?

What happened to this supposed quality control test in, oh, pretty much every single game that Ubisoft has published for the Wii so far?

This is my problem. Its not so much the fact Ubisoft have chosen to release the vast amount of casual titles, but the fact that the standard is so poor, so very, very poor. Casual gamers do deserve their own franchises, their own titles - I don't expect them to play and enjoy Resident Evil or Zelda- but they deserve more than bollocks Ubisoft have shat out over the past two years.

23rd of March, I should get it on the 20th though.

This sprung into my mind during the week. I could remember this post about the next issue out in the early 20's so I kept checking WHSmith to see if the new issue was out but haven't seen iy. Has it been delayed or anything?

I completely forgot about this. I'll have a look later when I go out but if it was out then I'm sure the internet would have gotten hold of the magazine for scans. So perhaps it has been delayed.

This is my problem. Its not so much the fact Ubisoft have chosen to release the vast amount of casual titles, but the fact that the standard is so poor, so very, very poor. Casual gamers do deserve their own franchises, their own titles - I don't expect them to play and enjoy Resident Evil or Zelda- but they deserve more than bollocks Ubisoft have shat out over the past two years.

Ubisoft overall deliver bollocks. At least they deliver SOMETHING to the casuals. I can't remember the last time they released a traditional game!

Feels good that they realised themselves that their shiet sucked. Maybe this game will turn out to be worth two shits.

Edited by darkjak

I think the issue is actually out, but that there was nothing in there about Red Steel 2.

From the N-Gamer forums :

All contents are subject to change. And change they did. There's no dark conspiracy here, I'm afraid. Although I did see a suspicious smoking man in the lobby that day...

They still do. It's not like they listed it as the main draw for the next issue, in a way I suppose they predicted that it could fall through, as it's done so many times before with ONM.

NP242_cover.png

2yl2qnm.jpg

:o :o

Its like the gunslinger except he has a sword...! :o

:hehe:

Only art but it sets a very intriguing tone.

That'll be why NGamer didn't get the exclusive then... Bloody Yanks.

But hot damn. That's some nice art. Reminds me of Killer 7 and the new Prince of Persia game. It looks like Red Steel 2 could very well be cel-shaded.

Hopefully we get some scans of the actual article soon. I doubt the game would have made the cover with just concept art.

Nope and nope. :heh:

Its the gunslinger, except he has a sword:

Forgive me Mr. Penny, for I haven't read the Dark Tower. :)

Looks interesting. So it's obviously not a direct sequel or a sequel at all based on that. But I could be wrong but that doesn't really tie in with the previous game. Anyways, I look forward to seeing more of it in the magazine.

Edited by Ganepark32

Having not played Red Steel, who's the gunslinger?

This'll be a BIG E3 showing no doubt!! Ubisoft always manage to get up on the Nintendo stage!

Having not played Red Steel, who's the gunslinger?

This'll be a BIG E3 showing no doubt!! Ubisoft always manage to get up on the Nintendo stage!

The gunslinger is Roland Deschain, from The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Read it. You too Nathan... and Ganepark... and Emasher... and everyone. :grin:

^ ew.... Stephen King. Mass produced pap :heh:

Eww superiority complex! :heh: The Dark Tower connects A LOT of his novels together, its immense. Everything leads to the Tower, everything.

For some reason we have the final volume on the bookcase downstairs. To my knowledge, no one's read the first six (six?) volumes...

NP242_cover.png

2yl2qnm.jpg

:o :o

Its like the gunslinger except he has a sword...! :o

:hehe:

Only art but it sets a very intriguing tone.

Where is the info that comes with the scans?

Here, although the guy has just skimmed the article.

The article is fairly general and focused on the change in setting and what not, there is a lot of "we can't talk about that yet". I also haven't sat down and read it yet, just skimming.

-1st person, cell shaded, like I said, similar to XIII,

-going for teen rating so, "The gore just doesn't fit for us and what we're trying to do"

-No multiplayer

-exclusively Wii Motion Plus

-talk of dual wielding Gun and sword but nothing definitive

I for one give Ubisoft a pat on the back. Superb work guys, Wild West themed FPS is one setting we gamers, or at least I, have dreamed of for a long time. Why its never been capitalised upon, i'll never know.

Ubisoft did a great job with the visual style of XII, so i've no problems there (but, i'm sure there's a few boys who'll avoid it). Multiplayer is a slight disappointment, online sword fighting would've been immense.

All in all, with the little information we have i'm impressed. Can't wait for more detail.