NEurope

-1st person, cell shaded, like I said, similar to XIII,

-No multiplayer

Ubisoft strikes again! Why the F**K did Ubi decide to remove the multiplayer? Crap multiplayer (like in the first) is better than no multiplayer. I was looking forward to 16 player online mayhem with Wii Speak.

Cel shading just feels awkward in a wild west game.

Nope, seems like Red Steel, despite it's long assed development don't have anything to come with when compared to let's say the Conduit!

Definitely cel-shaded, awesome.

-No multiplayer

Huh? That was one of the best bits of the original game...

When I read the new setting has a Wild West-vibe, I thought that was a huge mistake on Ubisoft's part.

Then I saw the artwork, and am actually quite intruiged. It doesn't look half as bad as my uncreative mind made me think it would be. Nice!

The gunslinger is Roland Deschain, from The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Read it. You too Nathan... and Ganepark... and Emasher... and everyone.

True! The Dark Tower is, in my humble opinion, not only one of King's better works, but one of the best in literature in general. It's not easy to grasp, mind. And the first book doesn't give away even a hint about what happens in the latter... at all. ;)

I knew this would be cel-shaded the minute i saw the front cover of N-Power!

Sounds immensely cool! Love the setting and the character art looks like it should be in a anime!

Definate showing at E3! Can't wait! :grin:

Seems interesting! Quite original setting.

But it's Ubisoft so pinch of salt until I read reviews.

It's quite odd the direction Ubisoft have taken with this sequel. It seems they are trying something totally different to the original. Can't say I'm too impressed with the cel shading and lack of multiplayer news but we have not seen actual gameplay footage yet so I'm holding judgement until then.

Personally I'm a bit gutted it seems to be set in the Wild West!

Really they shouldn't bother calling this Red Steel... different characters [surely], wild west, cel shaded etc... just make it a new franchise!

No multiplayer is a bit insane really, but hopefully it will at least have co-op.

The good thing is, this should be a visual stunner, judging by what was achieved with XIII back on the gamecube [which even if released on Wii now would still be considered a bit of a visual gem]...

So I look forward to seeing what they can do with Red Steel 2! Though knowing our luck it will look worse than XIII! Come on Ubisoft!

Edited by Retro_Link

Really they shouldn't bother calling this Red Steel... different characters [surely], wild west, cel shaded etc... just make it a new franchise!

No multiplayer is a bit insane really, but hopefully it will at least have co-op.

The good thing is, this should be a visual stunner, judging by what was achieved with XIII back on the gamecube [which even if released on Wii now would still be considered a bit of a visual gem]...

So I look forward to seeing what they can do with Red Steel 2! Though knowing our luck it will look worse than XIII! Come on Ubisoft!

I've heard good things about XIII, and I often see it in Gamestation for around £4. Based on that awesome trailer I think I may well get it. Let's hope it looks that good!

Cannot believe the lack of multiplayer though. That's ridiculous.

The lack of multiplayer is most mystifying!

Anyhoo, someone is going to bring it up sooner or later, so here goes.

Wild West? Eastern influence? I smell something... or someone... It's...

345,http:%2F%2Fus.ent4.yimg.com%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fimages%2Fhv%2Fphoto%2Fmovie_pix%2Ftouchstone_pictures%2Fshanghai_knights%2Fjackie_chan%2Fknights.jpg

Jacky Chan!

If you're not impressed, then try this one.

Vampire cowgirls wielding katana's. How awesome can you get.

VC%20Samurai.jpg

Edited by Strange Cookie

could they mean no multiplayer as in no local multiplayer?

If its solely a single player experience, than so be it. I'll judge the game on its merits when more details are available.

Edited by david.dakota

could they mean no multiplayers as in no local?

If they mean no online multi-player, then it's an EPIC FAIL. The original sold over a million copies, it could have been improved on and tightened up and released as a AAA title. Instead, one of the main game modes has been cut away. What a joke.

Meh, Deus Ex didn't have multiplayer at release. Maybe this'll go the "true next-gen" way and add multiplayer as charged DLC.

-1st person, cell shaded, like I said, similar to XIII,

When done right, cell shading is great, and I think because of the setting its a great choice.

-going for teen rating so, "The gore just doesn't fit for us and what we're trying to do"

No big deal

-No multiplayer

Hopefully they're just talking about split-screen. But then again, The Conduit's multiplayer should be decent enough that this isn't a big deal.

-exclusively Wii Motion Plus

GOOD.

-talk of dual wielding Gun and sword but nothing definitive

Hopefully. There were many gun bits in the original that I just wanted to pull out the sword for a second, and vice versa.

This is the first Wii game that has actually got me excited.

Digging the whole gun slinger thing.

They can f*ck right off. An FPS with no multiplayer? What are they on. EPIC FAIL.

Yeah, because BioShock sucked ass.

I think it's a bold move on Ubisoft's behalf to cut Multiplayer, if indeed they are removing all multiplayer from it including split screen and online. It means that they have faith that the single player campaign is going to be able to hold everyone who buys it for a substantial period of time. With no multiplayer, there's no excuse for a short 6 hour single player campaign but if it does turn out to be that short, then they better be prepared for a rough ride because I think we all know the title will be full priced at retail (i.e. £39.99) and if all you get is a short single player and nothing else then it's really going to put a lot of people off of buying at that price.

So it could work in their favour or heavily against them. The first real info on the game will be known next week (ONM are the first publication to go on sale that will detail the game) so we'll learn more then about what is happening.

-exclusively Wii Motion Plus

Thank you Ubisoft for actually having balls. This is the kind of support that MP really needs.

Red Steel the first was also rated Teen by the ESRB. No biggie there.

I've heard good things about XIII, and I often see it in Gamestation for around £4. Based on that awesome trailer I think I may well get it. Let's hope it looks that good!

Go out and buy XIII now, I picked it up for £2 brand new at WHSmiths just after I got my Wii. Amazing game, great story too.

awsome, im excited for this :D

seriosuly, ive had the whole cowboy/samurai thing in my head for a while now, even considered wrtting a short story based on it.

motion plus is a good move.

lack of multi player? well, i hate to say it but friend codes make online multiplayer on the wii a problem, better to focus on single player then piss about with somthing imperfect.

Ubisoft strikes again! Why the F**K did Ubi decide to remove the multiplayer? Crap multiplayer (like in the first) is better than no multiplayer. I was looking forward to 16 player online mayhem with Wii Speak.

Cel shading just feels awkward in a wild west game.

Nope, seems like Red Steel, despite it's long assed development don't have anything to come with when compared to let's say the Conduit!

that's stupid talk..

Would you like to have the team concentrate on both or sowely the single player..

I think ubisoft is taking a big risk here.. cel-sahded no multiplayern motionplus only? that to me means they believe they have a concept that is worthwhile...

Go out and buy XIII now, I picked it up for £2 brand new at WHSmiths just after I got my Wii. Amazing game, great story too.

XIII is a great game! I hate to say t though, Red Steel 2 sounds like it's been hobbled before it's even out of the blocks!

I'm going out a limb here with the next statement, so know this is my personal opinion. No flaming or kicking my derrière, please.

I couldn't care less about multiplayer options in a FPS. So the lack of any kind of multiplayer here doesn't really bother me at all. I never even tried the multiplyer or Red Steel. Even the online multiplayer of The Conduit doesn't appeal to me in any way.

I like eg. Mario Kart online or with friends. It a game made for that. But multiplayer FPS, be it on Wii, 360 of PS3? No, thank you. Guess I just don't 'get it'.

(And yes, I suck at it... ;))