NEurope

I really don't think AC WW was a carbon copy of the GC one as everyone says. I mean, the game did pretty much the same, but it doesn't play or feel like one, at least not to me. The controls and portability alone make the game very very different and then there's the thing that AC GC centered around running errands for everyone you talked too, while in WW this was rare, changing its pace completly. Maybe this is because I didn't play the GC version extensively though, so a lot of things in AC WW felt new. I suppose it depends on how people play it, if they play it like it's a task and just to get the biggest house or items and stuff like that (which to me defeats the whole point of the game) I can totally see why it can get old.

I'm very psyched about the game, but the reason why I play AC WW so much is because it's portable, so I doubt I'll get the same enjoyment out of City Folk.

And let's be fair, this isn't a core game, it can even be called a non-game, but AC fans are for the most part Nintendo core fans, you don't see Brain Training people buying it.

Maybe not the Brain Training crew but I think we'll see it marketed at little girls tbh, at least partly.

I've never owned an Animal Crossing game but my sister does have Wild World on her DS. I just think the concept of AC is so lame. I get the community stuff, I'm a pc gamer and love community games - they're my bread and butter. Trouble is I don't see why I'd want to do those sorts of games on Wii since Nintendo's online service is just so shit. You could easily play WoW as if it was AC and then have a whole load of extra stuff to do - not least a game world so much bigger. So yer, I guess this sort of thing is just lost on me.

Maybe not the Brain Training crew but I think we'll see it marketed at little girls tbh, at least partly.

I've never owned an Animal Crossing game but my sister does have Wild World on her DS. I just think the concept of AC is so lame. I get the community stuff, I'm a pc gamer and love community games - they're my bread and butter. Trouble is I don't see why I'd want to do those sorts of games on Wii since Nintendo's online service is just so shit. You could easily play WoW as if it was AC and then have a whole load of extra stuff to do - not least a game world so much bigger. So yer, I guess this sort of thing is just lost on me.

I think you may have got the gender expectancy in the way of your enjoyment of this franchise. Yes they did show girls playing WW moreso than males but I found a lot more males interested in the gardening aspects of flower arranging for hybrids than girls! Like in real life, there's more male gardeners and cooks than female, you see? Plus there's the fishing matches, or even just for fun when you call up your mates and tell them it's raining and come get your coelecanth! Then there's the tiling aspect which many people went to great lengths with by turning their towns into game-themed areas.

It was a great online success inspite of people having laggy connections and if people saved at regular intervals, nobody lost out.

I can't wait for this, i never played any Animal Crossing, but i know that its "Crack Videogame", as the Chapman brothers described.

i don't know what to expect from this game. it looks fun but then again i have my doubts i never played this game though so maybe you people can convince me?

nice box art...

I can't wait for this. I really hope it proves to be the definitive version of the game. I feel there were little things missing from the DS version that annoyed me. I didn't like how the little fetch quests had largely gone, I used to enjoy delivering gameboys and such like around the place. Plus liked the diary you used to have in your bedroom...

Is there a firm release date for Europe or not?

Ugh, what an awful name - it sounds like they're trying to make it sound like the DS Touch Generations game subtitles.... Europe will probably be lumped with it as well.

Let's a go!

Doesn't sound amazing, but I'd rather have any subtitle rather than some generic "Animal Crossing Wii" title.

Everytime I see new scans it depresses me it really does, I'm waiting to see new things but no - it's the same tom nooks, it's the same cafe with KK, the bugs, the fruit on the trees, the fishing, the villagers - IT'S EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME!!!!!!

I hope they're holding back the new stuff for surprises but fuck me are th dishing out the same shit every time!!! Why can't we have loads of different fruit trees, why can't we farm? Why can't we....... Oh why bother.......

I was thinking the exact same, you really do think your looking at DS screenshots

I was thinking the same thing. It's such a shame, especially when you've read the numerous articles about 'what we'd like to see in Animal Crossing Wii' and the only thing from them that's been included is voice chat. I really can't see myself getting this at the moment, and I was absolutely obsessed with the first two games - I kept going until I had every bug and fish!

I am also really disapointed with those shots, its like im just looking at a Japanese copy of Wild World!

Well maybe if Animal Crossing and Wii Music both fail to perform in terms of usual sales figures for 1st party games; maybe [hopefully!] Nintendo will realise they're taking this whole casual gaming approach of theirs that bit too far!

Well maybe if Animal Crossing and Wii Music both fail to perform in terms of usual sales figures for 1st party games; maybe [hopefully!] Nintendo will realise they're taking this whole casual gaming approach of theirs that bit too far!

Casual gaming? I'm fine with that. Releasing the same god damn game with little improvements 4 times in a row is a-taking-a-piss!

Everytime I see new scans it depresses me it really does, I'm waiting to see new things but no - it's the same tom nooks, it's the same cafe with KK, the bugs, the fruit on the trees, the fishing, the villagers - IT'S EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME!!!!!!

Yeh, which is why this won't be for me. I had the GC game, which honestly didn't hold me for all that long. The DS game was pretty much more of the same, which I also have, and this new one looks set to be the same too. It's just the lack of anything I would actually want to do in a videogame that makes this series suck for me.

The thing is, they both will sell - they're bound to get loads of promotion like all of Nintendo's casual games (yes Reggie, AC will still be marketed to the casual audience, and you know it).

The thing is, they both will sell - they're bound to get loads of promotion like all of Nintendo's casual games (yes Reggie, AC will still be marketed to the casual audience, and you know it).
Yeah true! Whilst they probably won't sell aswell as other 1st party games amongst the Nintendo 'hardcore' [i for one aren't buying either], they'll make up for it in terms of sales with the casual/new Nintendo audience!

I don't think i'll buy it straight away either. I've said it from the beginning(and others), it's just the same game slightly changed so there's shops in the city and voice chat. Which is the only thing that's making me want it. I can't be bothered doing the same things again.

The fact that they're releasing the game and Wii Speak seperatly is giving me hope that another game around the same time is going to use it.

Well, I never did play the DS one so this one is actually pretty brand new for me. I played the hell out ofthe GC game but that was a long damn time ago.

I did put a pre-order down for it this past weekend, along with CoD: World at War, so this November is going to be pretty sweet.

You have to think a lot more, guys....

Most of the new Wii fans never played Animal Crossing on DS and Gamecube, the game will sell like hot cakes

They made some minor changes for new users and showed the game to new guys in AC (like me) to try it for the first time