NEurope

I'm gobsmacked at how similar to the GC and DS games this looks. Were there actually any new pieces of furniture or characters in that trailer?

This will most probably be awesome but I'm having trouble deciding whether this really is gonna be worth my money - it just looks so similar to the previous iterations! I hope once more is revealed, that the longevity side of things will be better than the DS version!

They need to add more to the online stuff, WW online was boring. I ended up pulling up my friends weeds, I was so bored.

I hope you can have consoles like in the GC one to play your VC games.

I hope you can have consoles like in the GC one to play your VC games.

I just hope you can have consoles. A major letdown with the DS version was their absence, and every birthday I passed, I anxiously waited for town member to hand me a NES...

Suffice to say, I was bitterly disappointed.

I just hope you can have consoles. A major letdown with the DS version was their absence, and every birthday I passed, I anxiously waited for town member to hand me a NES...

Suffice to say, I was bitterly disappointed.

Yeah with VC, expecting that for the DS version wasn't very smart.

Yeah with VC, expecting that for the DS version wasn't very smart.

It should be noted that the VC hadn't been released by the DS versions release date.

It should be noted that the VC hadn't been released by the DS versions release date.

Hmm yeah, you're right I suppose.

Well, they could have VC demos like Brawl, expect slightly longer ones.

Its a bit sad that they went to the effort of making New years look all awesome when very few of their target audience will actually experience it...

I'll buy this just for the voice chat. I really don't understand why it couldn't have had a bit of an overhaul in terms of furniture and stuff though. Oh well, first thing I'm going to do is recreate my old living room from the DS, definately the best living room known to man.

Hmm yeah, you're right I suppose.

No suppose about it.

Right, I don't want to read fact sheets or see anything, because it looks shit, sounded shit on the conference and I'm pretty pissed off to be honest. But can anyone tell me what differences there are to other AC games. It seems the same and I want to explode with fury - what are nintendo playing at, I can't understand, what they been doing with the series since the DS version?

Please tell me I'm wrong and there's loads of innovations!!! Please!!!

They couldn't possibly show all the new furniture in a short demo, so expect to see new sets and stuff like rare statues and collectables from the usual visitors. Looked to be new types of flowers too...I always found it particularly enjoyable waiting to find out if I had cross-bred a new colour!

The two previous games were quite different on reflection. The first looks quite dull now with none of the aforementioned flower shenanigans or WI-FI visitors! Can't wait to get back to searching out the highest turnip selling price from my friends! Hopefully they'll figure out a way to deter time travelling better than last time...it just defeats the object.

I hope they bring back the little tasks you used to get in the cube version that were missing from the DS like taking such and such's gameboy back to them and stuff...

I hope they bring back the little tasks you used to get in the cube version that were missing from the DS like taking such and such's gameboy back to them and stuff...

Huh, you do that in the DS version. Take clothing and such and such to the residents.

Just watched the trailer....it's even more depressing. It's like watching the DS version it really is, even the animals are the same, same shops, same things you do, I didn't see ANYTHING new in there. Oh boy.......

I'm glad to see they brought back hilly/cliffy bits from the original. I'm probably the only one like, but I felt they added a ton of character to a town.

Huh, you do that in the DS version. Take clothing and such and such to the residents.

Just watched the trailer....it's even more depressing. It's like watching the DS version it really is, even the animals are the same, same shops, same things you do, I didn't see ANYTHING new in there. Oh boy.......

So you refuse to learn anything about the game and then blast it on the contents of a thirty second video.

Did you not see the city? For one thats new.

Im sure there will be new shops and new people (animals, whatever) but we've been shown a few images and a short video. Its like judging an album on the first five seconds.

So you refuse to learn anything about the game and then blast it on the contents of a thirty second video.

Im sure there will be new shops and new people (animals, whatever) but we've been shown a few images and a short video. Its like judging an album on the first five seconds.

But surely that's like watching the trailer for Mario Galaxy for the first time and saying 'This games looks awesome!'

I think this game looks a little bit depressing. I mean, Animal Crossing is great and no doubt this will be good but just imagine what they could have done with it. With such a small gaming world they could have really made this something special - they've been talking about it since 2006 but looks like they started making it a week ago.

Not sure whether I'll get this or maybe just start playing my DS version again and realise I don't need it. If thats online and has basically the same stuff why should I pay another £30 on this one?

But surely that's like watching the trailer for Mario Galaxy for the first time and saying 'This games looks awesome!'

I think this game looks a little bit depressing. I mean, Animal Crossing is great and no doubt this will be good but just imagine what they could have done with it. With such a small gaming world they could have really made this something special - they've been talking about it since 2006 but looks like they started making it a week ago.

I agree, Nintendo could really have done something special if they would just move on with online. It should be easy to connect with friends and I think people would do it more if it was easier. I'm sure there are plenty of non gamers who would like to play this with there friends without having to go through the nightmare that is friendcodes.

Why do they refuse to solve this? Playing on Xbox Live with your friends is excellent and great fun. Why can't Nintendo do this?

Firstly I was joking about refusing to read anything about the game. I read the press release, etc.

And watching the developer do a bit of a feature walk through and seeing the trailer is NOTHING like listeing to 5 seconds of an album. Maybe 10 seconds of EVERY song.

Fact is, surely Nintendo would be trumping the games features....which is voice chat and a 'few' more shops.

If you think this game offers a signifcantly different experience, fine; for me it looks 98% exactly like the ds game. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, it's the only proper game Nitendo are releasing this xmas, I need something to play :)

God I love Animal Crossing. I don't care if it looks similar to the others, innovation and sparkly new graphics aren't really the point. It's meant to be a relaxing community-building game.

God I love Animal Crossing. I don't care if it looks similar to the others, innovation and sparkly new graphics aren't really the point. It's meant to be a relaxing community-building game.

Keep playing the DS version then....

I have loved the GC and DS games I really have, but I can't do the same things over and over again, I just can't. I won't get the same buzz of collecting all the different trees.... Or making friends with the 'same' animals.... or digging up a fossil.......

I still going to the cafe every saturday evening though :D

I agree with you dazzybee. The people here who say they are happy with the game are absolutely justified to have there opinion. But chances are if they'd just made that little bit extra effort then you'd be more happy and we'd have more people interested in it.

The fact that many people are saying 'I don't care - I'll still buy it' is the kind of attitude that video game companies love as it means they need to put in as minimal effort as possible.

NGamer ages ago did a feature all about how they'd do another Animal Crossing game and it was beautiful and really exciting - and totally not impossible.

Look at the trailer again. You can see there is alot more in the city than just the things shown in the trailer. Take a good look at any screenshot. The graphics have actually improved, they're just the same art style. If you look closely there just seems to be this new level of added small little things that are going to make this alot better than the original games.

There's not much. All the shops apart Nooks store is in the city instead of your town. That's pretty much it. The graphics aren't that much better and you can easily see the polygons...