NEurope

Look at the trailer again. You can see there is alot more in the city than just the things shown in the trailer. Take a good look at any screenshot. The graphics have actually improved, they're just the same art style. If you look closely there just seems to be this new level of added small little things that are going to make this alot better than the original games.

There really isn't. Lets hope they start to peel away the game and unveil lots of exciting new features. I doubt they will, but I can still hope.

This might turn out like AC on the Cube. I play it for a few months then trade it for Donkey Konga.

The city is good, I just wish that when they said city they meant other real people can come like a lobby type place.

It took me a good 4/5 months to get the biggest house all paid off in Wild World. No way am I gonna do it again.

Shame really.

"Sold separately for a suggested price of $29.99, the WiiSpeak peripheral is not handheld or tethered to a headset, but instead acts more like a speaker phone.

Animal Crossing: City Folk is set for release November 16."

$30, that seems like too much. I doubt this(Wii Speak) will be that popular). It better either be really good or alternatives offered.

There really isn't. Lets hope they start to peel away the game and unveil lots of exciting new features. I doubt they will, but I can still hope.

There really is. See, I can do it too.

This might turn out like AC on the Cube. I play it for a few months then trade it for Donkey Konga.

The city is good, I just wish that when they said city they meant other real people can come like a lobby type place.

It took me a good 4/5 months to get the biggest house all paid off in Wild World. No way am I gonna do it again.

Shame really.

See, this is what I don't get. It seems you play just to get things or end them, not for the enjoyment of playing it.

I've just realised why i hate E3 so much...they again give America are the release dates etc..and Europe are left wondering if it'll be out this year!

Well we all know europe's release will be November 2010 :p

Thing is, what 'big' game have we got this year if it isn't released to Spring 2009? :shakehead

Surely it'll be out December 2008 for Europe? :wtf:

Thing is, what 'big' game have we got this year if it isn't released to Spring 2009? :shakehead

Surely it'll be out December 2008 for Europe? :wtf:

I hope so, I really do. I never played Animal Crossing GC (despite owning it) and I've done pretty much all I can in Wild World to the point that it becomes a chore to play, and this will be the perfect Christmas game. If NGamer were right and it's been finished for ages, then hopefully they can be speedy with localisation.

Has there been any confirmation or not on whether there will be downloadable content for AC?

What could be interesting is if Nintendo did some kind of online competitions, give out limited edition furniture or clothing to the people with the best homes/gardens/towns a month. Maybe hold fashion shows to show to original creations in the city.

I have to admit I am disappointed so far.

Graphics aren't much of a step forward, but I can live with that it is art style. There are no mention of how wii controls work, online is again limited to 4 players, thats same as DS, wii should be able to do much better, have 10 friends over. There appears to be no greater level of activity with objects (but i'll admit, thats first impression only). No mention of greater AI or less repetitiveness from animals (but this may be announced later).

This game could achieve alot, it could create a really interactive and dynamic world with the use of the wii remote and with the 'always online'ness of the wii it could make the game really open ended with possibilities with not just message sending (which the wii message boad already does), but with friends popping in randomly as you're doing your chores.

So far it's looking like a slightly improved version of the DS game. Don't get me wrong I loved the DS game, I played it for a year, but this could be so much more. The only thing I like is that it has the mii mask, so it will feel more like its me in the game. But it loses points naturally as it's not portable like the ds.

I'd like to be improved wrong because I have been looking forward to Animal Crossing since the wii was announced. but the only 4 players online is a huge letdown.

Impressions from Gonintendo

We knew that Animal Crossing: City Folk was going to be announced at E3. There were so many leaks from across the pond that it would have been a huge shock not to see the game yesterday. What still did come as a surprise was the inclusion of a microphone that lets you talk with your online Animal Crossing buddies. Voice Chat on the Wii…hard to believe, isn’t it? I bet it’s marred by friend codes, but hey…you have to start somewhere.

Animal Crossing is always such a strange game to demo at any convention. The style of gameplay just does not mix with convention atmosphere. Regardless, I had the chance to check out the game, and snoop around a bit. Honestly, there’s not that much to say about the game. It plays just like the previous Animal Crossing titles before it, but now you have more freedom, exploration, and activities to do. Obviously, I could only scratch the surface with my playtime, but it’s very safe to say that bigtime AC fans will be very pleased.

The bulk of my demo was spent running around with other real-time characters in the traditional Animal Crossing setting. I was playing as the familiar girl character from the series, someone else was the boy, and than there were Mario and Luigi Miis running around. This on-floor demo had the microphone up and running, so I got to check out the communication features. While the microphone wasn’t set up on the show floor due to noise, you got to hear the people on the other end of the game. To my surprise, one of them was Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario, Luigi, ect…

The voice was clear, very good quality. I had no trouble at all making out what everyone was saying, even with the constant din that the show floor produces. Better yet, the booth attendee had a keyboard plugged into the Wii. She was typing away for me while I was playing. Text bubbles would pop up above my head, and everyone else playing could see them, no matter where I was. She would type, Mr. Martinet and others would respond. It’s nice to see the keyboard support making its way into the game. I’m not a big microphone user, so this support is great for me.

Other than that, we just ran around the village doing your typical Animal Crossing stuff. We went fishing, we chased each other with nets, I picked up some items like furniture, fruit, and all that good stuff. You don’t really get to try out much in the way of the new City stuff, other than what we saw from the presentation earlier today. Get your hair done, visit Gracie, all that. Just like Time Hollow, AC:CF is a game you need to have a lot of quiet, sit-down time to learn and enjoy.

I definitely think this is a big evolution of the series. It seems to be taking ideas from the Sims series, which is also moving things from just your house out into the entire city. There will be more to do and explore, and now that you can have friends join up with you…and actually have two great ways to communicate with them, I’m sure this AC experience will be one of the most engaging yet.

What a crap hands on, it's positive, which is good. But they say you do the same things....and then it's a bit evolution of the series. But how is it? It being in a different location isn't a big evolution, it's different setting. How is it a big evolution?

Im guessing a new freeloader will be out so europeans will be playing on it anyway. If its out in December then Im just gonna wait.

Regardless of when it comes out Ill be having it for christmas anyway, since Ill be busy playing on the new banjo kazooie games

Well the smart folk that didn't update the firmware can import this easily. I doubt i'll even get this straight away. Only want the mic which is seperate.

Busy playing on Banjo? That one game? Why not 3 :heh:

I won't be getting that either, don't like what they've done to it.

Can We make some kind of petition if it doesn't come out in europe before january?

Can We make some kind of petition if it doesn't come out in europe before january?

No, you see the way forward would be to refine our designs for the chocolate teapot.

Petitions mean squat with game releases. They don't care if you have to wait longer, nothing that can be done.

I cant believe people are bashing it...

What else do you want? This is Animal Crossing. Its the whole point of the game. They have added more things to it, its looks much better. And i loved Wild World. Must buy for me.

They've not added much to it, nor have they changed the visuals much, and no good Wii-mote controls. No motions for cutting trees or digging, instead we press a button for it.

I'm still recovering from buying the biggest house last year.

The graphics don't matter in a game like this.

Look at World of Warcraft (not comparing the games at all) the graphics in that suck. But the gameplay more than makes up for it. This is how i see it.

Yeah, but the previous 2 War Craft aren't the same, and don't have a release space of a few years.

And they could of made the graphics a bit smoother so the character actually has a fully round head :heh: