NEurope

Don't think this is 100% confirmed...but the European Date is supposadely...watch me as i faint:

November 28th 2008 Hopefully we can get some confirmation on this...supposadely it was on a Nintendo fact-sheet...Australia is December 5th 2008!

Why so surprised? Wild World came out ages ago so most of the translation was already done. [/low-blow]

I hope they bring back the Island from the Gamecube, or a city equivelant, but preferably the island. It'd fit in perfectly with the DS connectivity.

I hope they bring back the Island from the Gamecube, or a city equivelant, but preferably the island. It'd fit in perfectly with the DS connectivity.

What was in the Island? I never got to visit it cause I didn't have a GBA cable. :(

I'm hoping for something along those lines too. I find that Animal Crossing is far better suited to a portable given the way it encourages you to dip in and out, so hopefully there'll be some way to contribute to my village/character even if I can't get to my TV. It's hard for me to get 'Wii time' these days, and when I do I'd rather be playing something like Mario Galaxy or Okami.

The GBA connectivity to get to the island in the first game was too gimmicky though. Why not just put the island right in the game and have a dock you can get at anytime you want. Every-time I went there, (since I already had my DS by the time I bought AC) I had to find some batteries to put in my GBA (and batteries aren't easy to find in my house) and then Find the cable and plug it in and then when I came back I had to hurry up and save the game or the batteries in the GBA would die and whatever I had done at the island would be lost.

Maybe they could just give you an apartment or something in the city that you can leave stuff in, thought I agree, the Island would be better.

What was in the Island? I never got to visit it cause I didn't have a GBA cable. :(

It was like an extra house that you got for free. It had a few Hawaiian shirts and there were coconut trees and this animal that traded items with you I think.

November 28th 2008 Hopefully we can get some confirmation on this...supposadely it was on a Nintendo fact-sheet...Australia is December 5th 2008!

Hooray! (If it's true). I've already pre-ordered my copy. Can't wait.

I think we know what we all want, Brewster to get his own starbucks style coffee house in the city. A place where you could meet wi-fi with your friends and listen to KK play maybe slightly more frequently than in Wild World.

I think we know what we all want, Brewster to get his own starbucks style coffee house in the city. A place where you could meet wi-fi with your friends and listen to KK play maybe slightly more frequently than in Wild World.

Yeah, Brewster is great. I'd love to see more of him.

It'd be great to give the animals more functions, like jobs in the city or something so that their not just wandering around all the time. I'd also like to see the other animals outside of work, with houses. Egging Tom Nooks mansion on Halloween anyone?

Really? Like... the same month?

Im shocked O_O

This is going to be my first Animal Crossing, can't wait ^^

I skipped out on the DS one so the last time I played Animal Crossing it was more than half a decade ago. With that stated, City Folk is looking damn fine in my eyes. I'll be putting in a pre-order soon enough for it and I'm honestly looking forward to it. :)

Owen, you got a source on that date?

No this is the thing..over on Gameplay forums..someone has created a Animal Crossing thread..and used the Nintendo fact-sheet to get information from it..and listed the dates for Europe, Australia, America and Japan!

I seems genuine info..but..i ain't getting excited till it's been officially confirmed...here is all the info:

Developer: Nintendo EAD

Publisher: Nintendo

Release date:

Japan- November 1, 2008

North America- November 16, 2008

Europe- November 28, 2008

Australia- December 5, 2008

Genre: Social simulation

Control Methods: Wii Remote/Wii Remote and Nunchuk

Features: WiiConnect24, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, WiiSpeak Voice Chat, USB keyboard support, Wii Message Board, Downloadable Content, Wii-DS connectivity, Mii Support.

Players: 1 (1-4 Online)

While including the same objectives from previous games by having players live in and expand their own, unique towns, City Folk includes a city area accessible by bus. It contains many locations related to former timed events and characters. It was revealed that the game includes a salon where the player will be able to get a mask modeled after a chosen Mii character. Returning to the series are real-world holidays such as Bunny Day (Easter) and Halloween, which were absent from Animal Crossing: Wild World.

Downloadable content has also been confirmed and it has been revealed this will be a free service, with new furniture and various other things, such as new events and holidays being released periodically.

The game will see a considerable step up from its predecessor in the form of communication.

Not only will City Folk allow for text chat via the Wii Remote and posting of messages onto the town's message board, but the games allows users to communicate via voice chat with Nintendo's proprietary WiiSpeak Microphone. On top of this, USB keyboards are permitted, not only for chatting, but also for sending messages to other Animal Crossing: City Folk users, Wii Message Boards, Personal Computers and even cell phones.

These messages can also include images.

Hmm well the fact sheet from E3 I posted in the first post and it doesn't contain any of that. Dunno if a new one is around though.

Hmm well the fact sheet from E3 I posted in the first post and it doesn't contain any of that. Dunno if a new one is around though.

Yeah, thats what i thought..we'll just have to wait and see i guess. Keep those fingers crossed! :D

Just read an interview with Reggie on G4 where he said AC was a game for the core gamer. interesting stuff considering the DS version aimed at girls and newer gamers.

Just read an interview with Reggie on G4 where he said AC was a game for the core gamer. interesting stuff considering the DS version aimed at girls and newer gamers.

Reggie has "hardcore" and "returning franchise" mixed up.

Reggie has "hardcore" and "returning franchise" mixed up.

True, I am a big fan of Animal Crossing, but I always know deep down it will all be similar with no big change.

I'm still buying a Wii in time for this game however.

I'm not a massive Animal Crossing fan but even I'm dissapointed by this. There's just not enough new stuff and come on ffs, those online features sound back in the dark ages. One step forward with Mario Kart, 12 steps backwards with Animal Crossing.

You know we don't really know that much about this game yet. There could be alot of new features we don't know about.

Why so surprised? Wild World came out ages ago so most of the translation was already done. [/low-blow]

Low Blow indeed! Well if that is the release date, that is brilliant, but I am waiting until we officially get word of it too.

And I agree with Emasher, there is still plenty of time before this is suppose to hit Japan so there is plenty of things for them to steadily reveal about this game, including new features.

Either way, I know I'll end up buying it and I am looking foward to this in different ways.

Really? Like... the same month?

Im shocked O_O

This is going to be my first Animal Crossing, can't wait ^^

Wait, wasn't it you who said that the Wii was a fag console and that you was selling it to buy a Xbox 360? And that your sick of casual games?

Wait, wasn't it you who said that the Wii was a fag console and that you was selling it to buy a Xbox 360? And that your sick of casual games?

Yeah, he will of 'sold' it by then, so he won't play it :heh:

Someone changed my mind, MadDog

Also, i don't remember saying that Nintendo Wii is fag, but if i did, sorry, im very lame when raging.

Well I played the GC version and it was fun for about a month (given the time games today gets played that was probably pretty good). I had my doubts about getting the DS version but bought it anyway... and I shouldnt have. It was just the same with minor changes. So I will not be getting this "core" game, unless they add pointed sticks and claymores..