N-Europe

Friends the movie?

ssj

Sorry, as a Friends fan myself, even I wouldnt like there to be a movie. I'd just find it too hard to take it seriously, all the actors apart from Jennifer Aniston are all desperate to do this because they want the money because they currently fail so so very hard.

Well its in the movie news thread but as far as actors go; Cox did a good job with Dirt (and she and Arquette have a production company so she's doing okay I'd imagine).

And I'd rather see Kudrow in a 'The Comeback' film.

Come on, like all sitcoms friends went on for way too long and stopped being funny. The last series was awful. It seemed every episode just consisted of people shouting and falling over. TBH it wasn't the funniest thing ever to start with and stopped being funny around about series 5.

Guest Jordan

I can see the trailer now.

"Just when you thought movies couldn't get any more shit... here come the Friends."

Sorry, as a Friends fan myself, even I wouldnt like there to be a movie. I'd just find it too hard to take it seriously, all the actors apart from Jennifer Aniston are all desperate to do this because they want the money because they currently fail so so very hard.

They got a $1million an episode, for at least the last 5 seasons might have been more. None of them ever have to work again if they dont want to.

Yeah, they dont need the money. I genuinely think they enjoy playing the characters. Ultimately that's why they have failed in other projects though because the public just can't associate them with any other role.

As i said in the news thread, i'd love to see this happen.

I sort of hope it happens, but then again I guess it'll be dissappointing. These guys are old and money hungry now, and you can't make a sitcom in a movie. Sex and the City was much less a traditional sitcom compared to Friends.

Friends is probably the shittest sitcom ever.

If you really think that, then you're mental. The shittiest sitcome ever? You've got to be kidding. If it's THAT shit, why did so many millions of people get huge enjoyment out of watching it every week?

It had great characters, good scripts and most importantly of all was funny. Even though I don't laugh at it half as much anymore, I still watch it everyday on E4 because it just doesn't ever seem to get stale.

Guest Jordan
If you really think that, then you're mental. The shittiest sitcome ever? You've got to be kidding. If it's THAT shit, why did so many millions of people get huge enjoyment out of watching it every week?

It had great characters, good scripts and most importantly of all was funny. Even though I don't laugh at it half as much anymore, I still watch it everyday on E4 because it just doesn't ever seem to get stale.

People like shitty TV?

It would explain why all those "insert shit here" idol and Big Brother is so popular.

People like shitty TV?

It would explain why all those "insert shit here" idol and Big Brother is so popular.

Oh, you edited you post. Boo.

They're reality shows. Completely different to Friends. I just don't see how anyone can call it the worst sitcom ever. It's beyond me completely.

See while thats almost true for the first couple of seasons. After which it got very tired and became a literal rehash of previous episodes every week.

Ross and Rachel will they won't they, oh look Chandlers said something funny, now Joeys being stupid, oh loook Phoebes kooky, Monica used to be fat :zzz:

that said its by no means the worst sitcom ever, it just got very tired fast and should have ended by about season 5.

It's not going to happen. It's not been not happing for about five years now. They might get most of them to agree but David Schwimmer actually has his own career. It was a good sitcom, but lets not start molesting this corpse just because somebody finally convinced Matthew Perry he's just not character actor material. Or leading actor material. Or actor material.

People watched it because it was accessible. End of story. But it quite sucked. It was positively unextraordinary.