NEurope
Kirkatronics

Have You Cried Due To A Game?

hum

Sotc when your about to face the final boss, and then ending ;_; prince of persia the first when the bow woman dies...

thats about it, emotionally moved me

Yes, I have cried due to some video games.

Final Fantasy VII (You know the bit I mean!), X and X-2 spring to mind.

I was upset at X but X-2 was a happy ending?

The funeral in Lost Odyssey and the first time i saw the end of MGS 3

The funeral in Lost Odessy and the first time i saw the end of MGS 3

Hmmm lost odyssey is probably going to be my next buy for the 360 but i'm not really huge on RPGs right now.

Smash Bros has been pretty emotional for me. From the Subspace Emissary curtesy of Retro Link:

Er, let's see. I've never actually properly blubbed. Although intensely moved at points.

1. Link's Awakening. It remains an incredibly heart wrenching game (in glorious 8-bit).

2. TP. That was another sad one. (probably don't need spoilers to be honest seeing as 99% of the forum have probably finished it.

I hope they don't bring her back in the next game as that'll negate the whole ending

3. Fire Emblem in places. I don't like my squad dying. Ever since playing that I've started protecting all my team mates in RPGs. Like in Mass Effect I totally forgot that the characters don't die completely (well...apart from on Virimire) and got upset when they "died" in battle. Only to realise a few minutes later that they got magically resurrected.

That's all I can think of for now. There have been others (I think ToS did affect me a bit, and so did Baten Kaitos. But not in the same way as the above). Oh, Postal 2 made me cry in sadistic laughter.

Ocarina of Time with Dark Link in the Water Temple practically drove me to tears with frustration.

Then I slammed Din's Fire up his arse, and all was well.

Suprisingly enough Elite Beat Agents almost had me shed a tear on that sad song about that girls dad. :-(

Likewise, and I played that song on Christmas Day too, sniff. The emotional song in the sequel doesnt have the same effect though.

When I was playing goldeneye and I kept on killing my friend and then he got angry and threw his controller at me and it really hurt.

There's a sequel to Elite Beat Agents?

I don't think a game has ever brought me to tears, although all those years ago, Aeris might have got me a bit choked up. Y'know, when the game was new and there wasn't much in the way of internets to ruin it for you. I was like Phoenix Down... PHOENIX DOWNNNNN.....

But I don't think I cried.

I might've cried when my friend turned off PSO during the "do not shut down your console" message, wiping my 150+ hunter with a Monkey King Bar +80 and Tsumikuri J-Sword for the 3rd time.

cry? no.

a few moments in phoenix wright got me as close as i ever get to crying, when i thought maya was going to die.

more recently i got choked up in MGS4 when Big Mama dies in Snake's arms

Suprisingly enough Elite Beat Agents almost had me shed a tear on that sad song about that girls dad. :-(

Thats the christmas song isn't it?

That song fills me with rage.

and sadness too ;(

*sigh* only pass the parcel...

never bloody win that stupid game *mumble grumble etc*

i cried with happiness when my cow had a baby in harvest moon... does that count?? :grin:

Er, let's see. I've never actually properly blubbed. Although intensely moved at points.

1. Link's Awakening. It remains an incredibly heart wrenching game (in glorious 8-bit).

2. TP. That was another sad one. (probably don't need spoilers to be honest seeing as 99% of the forum have probably finished it.

I hope they don't bring her back in the next game as that'll negate the whole ending

3. Fire Emblem in places. I don't like my squad dying. Ever since playing that I've started protecting all my team mates in RPGs. Like in Mass Effect I totally forgot that the characters don't die completely (well...apart from on Virimire) and got upset when they "died" in battle. Only to realise a few minutes later that they got magically resurrected.

That's all I can think of for now. There have been others (I think ToS did affect me a bit, and so did Baten Kaitos. But not in the same way as the above). Oh, Postal 2 made me cry in sadistic laughter.

TP ending was great imo. Not saddening, no game i have played has brought me even close to crying though.

Never. The story in a game has never gripped me that much really.

Then again I've only cried once after watching a film, so I'm not usually one to cry at stuff like that.

I've almost cried. During Harvest Moon I accidently bashed my chicken on the head and the next day it died....

ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!

We held a small gathering at the funeral and I was so upset by this I have never played Harvest Moon since! :o

I dont think Ive cried over a game - but I cried at the endings of Chobits, Neon genesis evangelion, and Mai HiME T_T

I also cried at this program that was on the other day about the life of merecats (sp?), when there was this sad lonely female, who eventually finds a friend, but then she got killed... :(

to be honest, crying is what outher people do. especialy women, they seem to cry 400 hours a day, no matter what.

if a game did make me cry, it would have to be in sheer rage.

to be honest, crying is what outher people do. especialy women, they seem to cry 400 hours a day, no matter what.

if a game did make me cry, it would have to be in sheer rage.

You obviously don't know a lot of women?

there aren't 400 hours in a day Sir.

I was upset at X but X-2 was a happy ending?

I got emotional at the cutscene with the shooting, and the 1000 words song one ^^

I seem to have a dysfunction. I've never got near to crying on a videogame or any other form of entertainment.

There's emotion, but crying, not even close.

I cry frequent tears of joy when I pwn my enemies base in C&C3 with stealthed flame tanks. I cry until I see "gg". :)

I was just thinking about this the other day!

One when Shadow fell to his "death" in sonic adventure 2 battle , i thought it was really sad he pretty much sacrifised himself!!!:( //course Sega just brought him back afterwards....toying with my emotion like that!!:shakehead

But more so when i was much younger with Secret of Mana.

[spoiler=

]When the heroes are searching and searching for the Mana Beast they have to destroy to save the world and then after beating the dark lych you disocver it wasnt him it was your pet dragon and transport Flammie and you have to kill him :( :( :( :(

You obviously don't know a lot of women?

there aren't 400 hours in a day Sir.

i do know a lot of girls, spent the last 3 years living with a group of em.

of the main three i spent most time with, only one of them failed to cry once a week. it was made up for by anouther who cried at paul potts on britan's got tallent. PAUL POTTS!