NEurope
mcj metroid

The alcohol appreciation thread

So ya do you appreciate alcholol the solution and cause of all of life's problems:)

how often to you drink Socially etc and what's your favourite drink?

Beer. Lots and lots of beer. Black Eristoff Vodka. Jack Daniels. James Martin. Red Label. Baley's.

That's it.

I like almost everything except whiskey..

I drank so much i had a seizure a few weeks ago =/

(Was due to a bottle of vodka, sambuccaSP?, and sourz)

Vodke, vodka, vodka. Honestly, I love mixing vodka with juice, almost any, but I love a good orange juice vodka mix.

Half-assed drinking seems like a waste to me, a luxury I can’t allow myself.

Peroni Nastro Azzurro or vodka, not the cheap stuff, are my poisons.

I drink whatever's cheapest as a rule. Went out last night and got as good as drunk on £13

Went out for my mate's 18th a week or so ago and spent about £40 which bought about 10-12 Fosters (I can't remember how many) a bulmers pear cider (which is awesome) and some shots. Oh and some drinks for the bday boy

I like almost everything except whiskey..

I drank so much i had a seizure a few weeks ago =/

(Was due to a bottle of vodka, sambuccaSP?, and sourz)

That was clever o_o

I never understood the pleasure in drinking too much. For 1) it costs a fortune, and 2) it can risk ruining your night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a raving tetotal either. I enjoy alcohol safely.

Pear cider or malibu for me ^____^

Social drinking: Gin and Tonic. Or a pint of ale.

To get wasted: Dark Pango from Hertford bar. 2x vodka, 2x Bacardi, 2x Schnapps and 1x JD, grenadine, blackcurrant and lemonade. Only 6.50 too.

A good beer or ale by preference, leaning towards mixers in clubs.

Also, just discovered there's a proper cocktail bar near me that does amazing drinks for about £4 each. It's worth paying more for spirits IMO because the cheap stuff givers you hideous, day ruining hangovers whereas the good stuff won't give you one at all.

Half-assed drinking seems like a waste to me, a luxury I can’t allow myself.

Peroni Nastro Azzurro or vodka, not the cheap stuff, are my poisons.

Spending too much money on the same end result seems like a waste of money, I literally scour the shelves the cheapest cost of units/£, making sure to not go under a threshold of 4% abv, which leads you to the cheapest store brand cider in a big bottle - but that stuff is nasty so I drink the cheapest 4% tesco lager instead..

Doesn't mean I don't like good stuff (my favourite drink is wheat/white beer), but I'm not swimming in money so why waste it... Vodkas are an even finer example of this, there was a time when I thought buying smirnoff or absolut was a reasonable plan, now you won't catch me buying any vodka other than the cheapest store brand; it's the same shit (well, maybe 2.5% less) and you mix it up anyway so why bother.

In a pub, if it doesn't have a decent selection, Carlsberg is my first port of call, Carling and Fosters taste like horse urine in comparison (but I'd drink em if I needed to), and are usually the same price - if the place does have more good beers then I'll likely buy them (Hoegaarden, local real ales, Erdinger.. etc etc)

Pint of Fosters/Carling.

Hang on, you actually drink that stuff voluntarily? :wtf:

I don't appreciate alcohol at all today, was out for my mate's 21st last night. Twas pound night in our local club so i was pretty wrecked. As Dan Dare says the cheaper the spirits the worse the hangover, hence my far from pretty state this morning (no puke-age though, try the other end).

Birthday boy should be a damn site worse though. I bought a round of 10 shots for everyone and he started necking them. All 10 in under a minute. Then a bottle of San Miguel, and about 10 minutes later his brother was at the bar buying him another stack of shots :heh:

Favourites? Staropramen is pretty damn nice beer, Weston's Cider is king and Makers Mark whiskey has to be the nicest thing ever invented by man ever™

I don't normally bother with this sort of thread, usually a load of kids proving that they are all grown up (no offence :p) but I've just got back from an extended period in Amsterdam - Dommelsch beer is absolutely gorgeous!

i found a beautiful bar on the 39th floor of a swanky hotel in shinagawa (with a great view of tokyo tower~) that offers a 2 hour all-you-can-drink session for a ridiculous 2,800 yen. thats under £15. ALL YOU CAN DRINK.

...like i need to chose ONE kind of alcohol O_O!

Cider

Southern Comfort + Lemonade

JD + Coke

ReZource that is exactly what I have on a night out. Normally in that order. I just can't stand the taste of larger. *shudder*

Give me a nice cider any day, Cider and Black is even better.

Cider

Southern Comfort + Lemonade

JD + Coke

good drinks, though I like southern comfort with coke more then lemonade.

also like most beer or larger. carling and fosters may not be great but they are cheap and do the job. prefer coors though.

the ocashional bitter is nice, pint of worthies at the local is gooood

Vodka always makes me sick the next morning but I love it with almost anything.

Got a taste for Southern Comfort, kind of "our drink" for my girlfriend and I. Goes great with Lemonade or Coke.

Number one for taste: Kopparberg, bottled, regular flavour.

Love house ciders from Sheffield's Devonshire Cat, they make 8-9% 'proper' ciders.

And I'm quite happy to have a beer :) but it's gotta be more than 4.5%, ice cold and not Stella Artois.

Was out last night at the Students union's club. There were loads of 90p drinks offers and if you said a certain phrase to the woman who runs the club she gave you a drink voucher. So basically between me and my two friends we got 6 free drinks, I was absolutely hammered for £10. For me, it is Smirnoff vodka all the way, the blue stuff where possible.

Cider tastes nice. Therefore it wins.

Vodka mixed with stuff is good, on it's own tastes like petrol.

Cider ist nice. Bulmers is best I think.

Vodka I havn't tried many. Nemiroff or Soyuz the birchenbud flavour, not teh chilli flavour, sounds horrible. On it's own when you first drink it it's horrible.

After 4 or 5 you don't taste it as much. Cherry Vodka is very nice by itself.

That was clever o_o

I never understood the pleasure in drinking too much. For 1) it costs a fortune, and 2) it can risk ruining your night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a raving tetotal either. I enjoy alcohol safely.

Pear cider or malibu for me ^____^

Was free lol..

Went a bit*cough* over board.

ReZource that is exactly what I have on a night out. Normally in that order. I just can't stand the taste of larger. *shudder*

Give me a nice cider any day, Cider and Black is even better.

Aye, same. Cider is a nice start to the evening and "gets me going" then when I get to the stage when I dont want a massive drink I start on the ol' SoCo (I hate using that abbreviation BTW) and then later JD and Coke if I fancy it...or Ill just stay on SoCo. Always get a tiny straw...which is kinda cool. Like a lady straw. Lady drink I guess. :heh: