NEurope
mcj metroid

The alcohol appreciation thread

It so is. It's a girly peachy whisky wannabe. But it tastes good.

I'm a beer monster really.

Any lager except wife better stella.

I prefer a pint of coors if a place has it, if not carlsberg export or fozzies will do. I also like asahi beer, NBA, fruli (haha yep).

I'm getting older though as im starting to love the taste of bitter and ales like IPA. hmmmm.

don't really do shorts to be honest but have the odd cider now and again especially pear :)

Spending too much money on the same end result seems like a waste of money, I literally scour the shelves the cheapest cost of units/£, making sure to not go under a threshold of 4% abv, which leads you to the cheapest store brand cider in a big bottle - but that stuff is nasty so I drink the cheapest 4% tesco lager instead..

Doesn't mean I don't like good stuff (my favourite drink is wheat/white beer), but I'm not swimming in money so why waste it... Vodkas are an even finer example of this, there was a time when I thought buying smirnoff or absolut was a reasonable plan, now you won't catch me buying any vodka other than the cheapest store brand; it's the same shit (well, maybe 2.5% less) and you mix it up anyway so why bother.

In a pub, if it doesn't have a decent selection, Carlsberg is my first port of call, Carling and Fosters taste like horse urine in comparison (but I'd drink em if I needed to), and are usually the same price - if the place does have more good beers then I'll likely buy them (Hoegaarden, local real ales, Erdinger.. etc etc)

I really can't stand the taste of really cheap vodka, I notice the difference, even in mixers. If I didn't I wouldn't be that bothered.

If I just want to get smashed though, I'll go for the cheap drinks (Cheap wine for super speedy results) but if I want to enjoy getting drunk those are my choices.

I'm not too good with beer in general, stuff like Stella is truly revolting and tastes worse than badger piss, but I could drink Peroni all day. Love the stuff.

I'll drink anything handed to me for the most part. But my favourite at the moment would probably have to be Baileys. I love it. Though when I was completely wasted a few weeks ago, I did something that should never be done. I mixed baileys with Vodka, Coke and Some blue stuff. It looked like sick, but I didn't give a toss at the time.

My stomach did not appreciate this.

I'm off to a party thats going to be *terrible* tonight. So I've just grabbed the relatively large bottle of Vodka that was in my draws to take with. Maybe I'll enjoy it more if I'm out of it by the time I get there? :p

I drink whatever's cheapest as a rule. Went out last night and got as good as drunk on £13

And that's supposed to be cheap? Jesus, I get completely hammered for around 3£, and I need a lot to get drunk. Your country is way too expensive... :shakehead

And that's supposed to be cheap? Jesus, I get completely hammered for around 3£, and I need a lot to get drunk. Your country is way too expensive... :shakehead

Most single drinks costs more than £3 in this country..

Most single drinks costs more than £3 in this country..

Over here we get a beer for 0.3£. Worship us. :heh:

Over here we get a beer for 0.3£. Worship us. :heh:

You're kidding, right? Woah! I demand an invite to where you live. :p

Unless you go to some pub or club or something, then yes, it's over 3£ for each drink. But I'm not dumb. Pubs and clubs come after I'm drunk.

Give me a beer, the stronger the better is what i say. Tonight, is Stella Artois night. 10 of them will do me i think.

I also drink Fosters, Vodka and a few alcopops including WKD's, V Cherries and Smirnoff Ice. All of the above sell for £2.50 max depending where i go.

Give me a beer, the stronger the better is what i say. Tonight, is Stella Artois night. 10 of them will do me i think.

10? Lol, Im done by three at the most. :heh:

Guiness if the place sells it, if not then Kronenbourg.

If my plan is to get as wasted as possible, then it'll be a pint of half coke half whiskey.

Also, cider is foul :/

I just remembered Jagermeister is very nice. Anyone tried Jagerbombs?

I had about 4 or 5 last Friday. They were quite nice.

Vodke, vodka, vodka. Honestly, I love mixing vodka with juice, almost any, but I love a good orange juice vodka mix.

Eurgh. I hate vodka. My phobia is made all the worse by viewing a BBC Panaoram episode once where they examined bottles of vodka which had been poisoned.

Nevertheless, I'm not to big on drinking (being under age in all), but I have to say I do taste a fair bit of Magnums every time my Dad has it.

If we're drinking before going out to a club or something I normally go for vodka/lemonade. Out at a pub I'll start off with a beer, normally Bud or Heineken if they have it and then move onto vodka mixes (or Southern Comfort Lemonade if it's cheap enough. I've got the taste for Vodka/Red Bull recently which if you go to the right place, can get it for a £1 which is great.

If I'm out with my mates from school we normally go for a half-bottle of vodka each mixed with Coke or Lemonade/whatever and then go out. Needless to say, we're harcore.

I used to drink vodka and Redbull but I've gone off it since it is probably quite bad for you because alcohol slows your heart rate and Redbull speeds it up. Never a good idea.

I used to drink vodka and Redbull but I've gone off it since it is probably quite bad for you because alcohol slows your heart rate and Redbull speeds it up. Never a good idea.

Depressants and stimulants taken simultaneously can cause erratic heart rate/panic attacks. :/

Depressants and stimulants taken simultaneously can cause erratic heart rate/panic attacks. :/

Yeah I was thinking it could caused heart palpitations but I wasn't too sure. Either way I stay clear just in case.

I only drink Vodka and coke. Can't stand anything else.

I don't really understand people just having 1 or 2 drinks. If your not going to get drunk why not just have coke?

Yeah I was thinking it could caused heart palpitations but I wasn't too sure. Either way I stay clear just in case.

Palpitations! Thats the word I was looking for!

My friend was getting these, and she was only drinking energy drinks. Had to get ECGs and stuff, she's only 20. Just goes to show what damage it can do.

@ that guy : I dont want to punish myself in the morning, drinking lots is very bad for you, and i have no intention of doing anything foolish :heh:

Also drinking small amounts gives me a nice happy warm feeling inside :D

I don't really understand people just having 1 or 2 drinks. If your not going to get drunk why not just have coke?

Because some people don't like getting drunk, but do like being at (what me and my friends call) 'That place'.

Not drunk, not sober, but a happy medium where everything feels good.

Like Raining and Twozzok said its just an easy way to chill out.

Palpitations! Thats the word I was looking for!

My friend was getting these, and she was only drinking energy drinks. Had to get ECGs and stuff, she's only 20. Just goes to show what damage it can do.

Wow, is that from drinking them regularly or a one off? I'm assuming the former.

Like Raining and Twozzok said its just an easy way to chill out.

Wow, is that from drinking them regularly or a one off? I'm assuming the former.

Regularily - panic attacks and palpitations. She only drank something like 2 (small) bottles of bpm a day. Sounds like a lot but I've heard of far worse... :blank:

Its fun getting a little pissed (i'm talking a couple or three pub measures of whatever) and having a giggle with mates, without needing to be throwing up the contents of your stomach =)

I make alcohol thus can drink for free. The downside is I also have to put up with the general public, so it kinda evens out in the end.

Kronenburg... had one tonight actually, for the first time in almost a year. :blank:

No I'm not a recovering alcoholic :P I just don't drink that much at all... :/

Twas nice. :smile: