Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think anyone will come in.. 'rumours' have suggested Saviola but I think that is just people grasping at anything..

Keane hasn't been playing anyway, so to lose him isn't really gonna make much of a difference, is it? I feel kinda bad for how he has been treated at Liverpool, but if it isn't working out then it is best for him that he goes back to a club where he was excellent!

£15 Million is what I would expect the fee to be around, but it depends really on how desparate Liverpool were to get rid of him.. and how much Harry wanted him :heh:

Keane wasnt good enough but if Rafa thinks that kuyt can do the job when torres is out he has pretty much lost his mind. Kuyt is 100% garbage and now Liverpool are very light upfront. If Rafa wanted Keane out why didnt he do it earlier and get someone else in.

pathetic how Rafa was trying to pass this whole saga on to the feet of Rick Parry, Rafa bought him failed to utilise him and is now willing to pass him on after 6 months. Rafa Signed him and it was a flop. Sells him but doesnt get anyone into replace him. Dunno if any other manager going for the title would do something like this.

Villa didn't get any new players today. Instead, we lost another legend.

Former Aston Villa player Paul Birch has passed away at the age of 46 after a long battle against bone cancer.

Birch began his career at Villa Park in 1980 and went on to become a popular figure in clocking up over 200 appearances for the Midlands outfit.

In 1991 he moved to Molineux where he played over 150 times for Wolves, before briefer spells at Preston, Doncaster United and Exeter City.

Career highlights included helping Villa to promotion to the top flight in 1988, while he was also part of the squad that finished second in Division One two years later.

A 19-year career saw Birch make 462 first class appearances before he hung up his boots in 1999.

R.I.P. Johnny Dixon, Vic Crowe and Paul Birch. :weep:

Bosingwa escapes FA action

Right-back not punished for Benayoun challenge

Bosingwa-Jose_1597960.jpg

The Football Association has confirmed that no disciplinary action will be taken against Chelsea defender Jose Bosingwa for his challenge on Liverpool's Yossi Benayoun.

Bosingwa was clearly guilty of studding Benayoun in the back during the dying stages of Chelsea's 2-0 defeat at Anfield on Sunday.

The Portugal international has since apologised for his challenge, which was not seen by referee Mike Riley.

The FA's decision not to hand out a punishment comes as a major boost for Chelsea and Bosingwa, with the club also awaiting an appeal over Frank Lampard's red card in the same game.

Sky Sports News

Absolutely ridiculous :eek:

48669.jpg

48669.jpg

48669.jpg

48669.jpg

48669.jpg

How could you punish a man with a monobrow like that, he has been punished enough already.

Seriously though, its disgraceful that he hasn't been given a punishment of some kind by the FA. I don't know why we expect the FA to act responsibly anymore. They let themselves and everyone involved with football down, time after time.

By John Cross 3/02/2009

Robbie Keane and Rafa Benitez

Robbie Keane was last night forced out of Liverpool before completing an incredible return to Tottenham.

Keane, who only moved to Anfield for £20.3million in July, was determined to stay.

But boss Rafa Benitez bullied him into rejoining Spurs after warning he was prepared to let him rot in the reserves for the rest of the season. Republic of Ireland striker Keane, 28, even told Liverpool he only wanted to sign for Tottenham on loan until May.

But Benitez made it clear that the forward had no future on Merseyside while he was still manager.

The bitter breakdown left Keane with no choice and he returned to White Hart Lane for an initial £12m, rising to £15.5m.

Benitez is now set to sign a new four-year contract this week to stay at Anfield.

I think they may be able to now we are in the knock out stages, as you get to re-register your players eligible to play at this stage. Not 100% sure.

as far as I'm aware you are allowed to add one player to your squad who has played in the UEFA cup, not sure about Champions League though

Jesus, that Arshavin deal took it's time, didn't it? What a farce.

I feel pretty sorry for Robbie Keane. I do think he's a good striker, in the right team, but it just never seemed to work for him at Liverpool.

However, who do Liverpool have as backup upfront if Torres is unavailable? I think Rafa should have given Keane more time.

As you can probably tell from the new sig I'm pretty pleased with our new signing. I'll be honest and admit I don't really know much about how good the lad can be. But the fact he's publicly came out and said he wanted to come to us (hired his own private jet to be in London), says he's already a Gooner (though he may have been trying to say Gunner :P) and has already said Pavlychenko isn't his friend, means he's made a good start.

Seriously though, I'm pleased we've finally put forward money for an experienced quality player. It's been a while since we've made such a big signing.

Jesus, that Arshavin deal took it's time, didn't it? What a farce.

I feel pretty sorry for Robbie Keane. I do think he's a good striker, in the right team, but it just never seemed to work for him at Liverpool.

However, who do Liverpool have as backup upfront if Torres is unavailable? I think Rafa should have given Keane more time.

Torres,

Kuyt,

N gog.

Hardly a championship winning strike force.

ITV are a joke aint they?

5 mins of extra time left and switch to adverts, comes back and everton have scored.

I hate ITV sport as it is but this takes the piss, seriously WTF! I'm boycotting them, they are joke.

Glad Everton won though. :)

I couldn't believe how bad ITV failed. That was a royal f*ck up!

Seriously how bad can it get? The main presenter they use has no personality, knows nothing about football or formula 1 but just follows the auto-cue.

Amazing that they broadcast adverts for the 15 seconds that the goal occured in... Worst mistake, the technician to blame must have felt like a prick "ooh did anyone notice?"

After at the end they said something stupid like "We apologise if some viewers didn't get to see the goal live". Everyone missed it you bellend!

Me and a friend were saying if it was Gary Linekar that sabotaged it because he had control of the ad button, he butts in on the crucial penalty and there's just a camera on him eating a packet of walkers.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!