Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

Stayed in town to watch the Man U match, hoping that seeing a Sunderland torn apart by Ronaldo might cheer me up after Stoke's last minute equaliser (We were absolutely coasting in the first half, could have been 4 or 5 up, then once again we make some stupid changes at half time and fall apart, Stoke were the better team in the last 45 and could have even won it). But the mackems made a good showing of themselves, they looked better at Old Trafford with no manager than they have for about two months playing no-marks under Keane.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Allardyce but not many around here do.

You can have him, with all our *snigger* best wishes *giggle* for a very successful *fnarfnarfnar* close to the *hnorkhnork* season.

BWAAA HAAA HAAA!

Are you serious? Are you serious?

Jeez, I may be proud to be a Toon Army Vet, but even I wouldn't wish Allerdyce on you guys! That's like kicking a guy when he's down.

Hm. Slightly worried that Chelsea won't be able to pull a result out of the bag tomorrow night and we'll fall at the last hurdle in the group stages, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong. Nice to see 3 English clubs proceeding in any case, hopefully 4. A repeat of last year's setup would be nice :heh:

I'm still reeling from us beating Everton. :o

Normally if we had conceded an equaliser in injury time, that would be it. You saw how knackered the Villa players were after Lescott got the second, and I was amazed that they didn't give in and snatched it back from them.

It was because of Lescott, the Villa fan, over-celebrating. Stupid ugly sod. :laughing:

My parents told me that the Everton-Villa game was like a proper, traditional British football match. Like how it was in the 70's & 80's (Only a bit faster than back then, I would imagine.).

Also lol at the Barcelona score right now, what's going on there?

Hleb and Bojan were the most senior players in the team, having already qualified as top I guess they rested the team for El Classico at the weekend.

As for Chelsea tonight, their fans were crap. The match was a must win and their was absolutely no noise, even when they scored it was minimal applause and followed by the resumed silence.

And free scarves again.. great for a cold night, but I'm quite sure the wise men behind that didn't expect everyone to just wear them.

I have just realised that I didn't post after the Man United/Sunderland game.

It was a pretty frustrating game, I thought. We were never in danger of losing, especially with the fact that they didn't have a single shot in the game. That's pretty bad, but they've just lost their manager, so who can blame them.

Rafael looked amazing, again. We should have played Tevez from the start though. Four goals in the last carling cup game, and he starts on the bench? Fuck, competition is tough at United these days.

Also, Vidic, you beauty. :)

I've just watched the Liverpool game on telly, too. Great second goal, and great vision from Keane to set up the third. Shame he didn't score, though. But, it'll come. I like him.

I guess they rested the team for El Classico at the weekend.

Thats El Gran Classico. :heh:

Liverpool are still plodding on, rattling in the goals and its great to see. Fantastic effort from Riera last night, he's been a really good signing for us- I'm glad we ended up getting him rather than Gareth Barry.

Me too. :smile:

Its been good for all parties involved! :hehe:

The word of all things correct and holy on the interwebs doesn't use the word Gran or Grand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Clásico

Not that I really care, but I've never heard it with Gran in before.

Ooh, invoking Wikipedia on me. I've never heard it referred to as anything but El Gran Classico before, we'll agree to disagree until I get my hands on a Spaniard to ask. :heh:

Went to see Villa vs Bolton today. What a match! Saw it from the Holte End and the atmosphere was fantastic, I wish I could go more often.

Gabby and Ashley were astounding and the team played brilliantly overall, I just wish we'd sort out our defence a bit, we concede far too many. So far this season we've scored 29, more than Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool, only Chelsea have scored more. If we could just keep the other teams at bay we could be top of the league!!

Woo! I was at the Sunderland game today. West Brom were dire -- we weren't much better. But good to see we can actually score 4 goals. Was bloody soaked through but it was well worth it.

Some happy times! Hopefully we will have a manager soon too!

Your players seem to be playing with a lot more confidence now they know they're not going to get a tactics board to the face from some huffy bairn if they screw up

I went to Villa Park yesterday and it was one of the best games I've seen in the Prem. Agbonlahor is insanely quick, and Young seems to be improving too. They seemed in control of the match for 70+ mins of the game and it was just a matter of time before they went into the lead.

Lee Dixon pointed it out in MotD - Bolton were playing a really high line which is the dumbest thing you could do with quick players. It could have been more for Villa if Agbonlahor hadn't been caught offside about 8 times though.

My lass's brother's just been on Sky Sports cos they zoomed in on his mate for having a turkey on his head.

Why do teams insist on singing that god-awful "By far the greatest team" song even if they have to mangle their name beyond all recognition to fit it in? If your team doesn't have four syllables just give it up and find another song rather than singing "And it's pooooorrr tah sum murth"

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!