N-Europe

Make your choice.

Ellmeister

Which ice-cream brand do you prefer?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which ice-cream brand do you prefer?

• Ben and Jerrys
    • Haagen Daaz
    • Other Ice Cream (please post which and why!)

Its a simple question.

Personally I'm a huge fan of Ben and Jerrys ice cream because it has the tastiest and most diverse flavour availabilities compared to most ice-cream places I think anyway.

Haagen Daaz however just seems to be a posh ice-cream to me. After talking to Coolness I wanted to see what you'd all choose.

And what is your favourite flavour? Mine is definitely Cherry Garcia *drools*:yay:

I like Haagen-Dazs, particularly vanilla and strawberry cheesecake. But they are all ridiculously overpriced.

On a side note, they now sell krispy kream doughnuts at our Tesco...how over priced are they?! They work out to be about £1.60 a doughnut.

Hands down Haagen Daz.

People who say B&J are kidding themselves. Take plain chocolate flavour for example - The B&J chocolate ice cream tastes completely normal. Not outstandingly different or delicious in any way. The Haagen Daz one is just epic though! Yummm...And Im not normally a fan of chocolate ice cream anyway.

I digress, although Ben and Jerrys have a large library of very exotic flavours, they often fall flat and the lack of high quality or non standard ingredients hurts them. Phish Food for example - although nice, it is just normal ice cream, just normal bog standard caramel, and normal chocolate pieces etc...then lets take Haagen Daz Pralines and Cream. The ice cream is out of this world...so smooth and luxurious, the pecans and caramelised, and the texture is devine, and the caramel is the most delicious and rich treat a tongue can ask for.

In conclusion Ben and Jerrys are nice, but not exactly delicious or speakable ingredients.

Haagen Daz you can feel the richness and quality with every spoonful. This is fact.

Phish Food for example - although nice, it is just normal ice cream, just normal bog standard caramel, and normal chocolate pieces etc...

But vegetarian marshmallows thus they win :P

Although if we're talking about indulgent "oh my god so tasty" ice cream then its Mackies of Scotland.

BJ's Cookie Dough Vs HDs Cookies and Cream...................

Ben and Jerrys wins.... WAIT! HDs Strawberry Cheesecake...

I'm going to abstain from voting. I like BOTH.

And for the record, it's not a simple question. :heh:

I have not heard of this, explain!

I haven't had it since I last went to the Lake District (around 5 or 6 years ago) but I still remember the taste.

It was a mixture of chocolate and toffee ice cream with caramel and honeycomb bits. Absolutely gorgeous.

I can't bring myself to spend that much on ice cream.. though out of the choices I have only had Ben & Jerrys (and it's very nice :heh:)

I'm happiest with some vanilla ice-cream (preferably whippy) with some chocolate sprinkles and strawberry sauce : peace: ..a few marshmallows thrown on too is a good move!

It is expensive but so worth it. I always finish off the tub whereas if i buy the cheap stuff in those big 2 litre boxes or whatever they are i never end up eating it and it just takes up space in the freezer for weeks until it is inedible.

By far the best ice cream in the world though is from small shops in Italy. Nothing else can compare.