N-Europe

I have been offered a job

arab_freak

By a "guide" magazine that basically tells you what's shit and what's THE shit in Cairo and Giza. After submitting some various pieces of writing to the magazine's Facebook group the junior editor sent me a message telling me she would like to meet me in person to get a little "back and forth" going (no pun intended). So I paid a visit to their lovely office and basically they're paying me to hang out. Now, as exciting as this concept may seem I can't just go ANYWHERE I please, and I can only let two friends tag along, because in their opinion having a group larger than that won't help me focus on reviewing whatever place I'm in.

I told her I needed some time to think it over, and here I am. I honestly don't know what to do. It's great and all but I have a feeling it's going to somehow limit my freedom and fill up my weekend schedule.

Not when it involves my weekend it doesn't.

Have you ever noticed that the world doesn't just shut down on the weekend. If you want money, you need to take the best job you can get. That's the way it works. Would you rather be poor and have more free time, or have money and not have quite as much free time?

I got offered a job at 9.30 this morning, was working by 11 :heh:

But gawd was I tired, I had a late night staying up and never even expected to work for a while, never mind a phone call asking me to go in and help out ¬_¬

Every job takes freedom, even if you need to work weekends, it doesn't seem like a terribly hard job either and they can't have you working 7 days a week surely.

dudde i say take the job n the money

i have uni during the week (during semester time) every day o the week n then do i get the weekend off? NO

ive got myself in barratts working fridays saturdays n sunday

during the school year i dont know the meaning of the word "free time"

damn dont be lazy

take the job

n im workin 6 days in a row this week

count your blessings n stuff

What was the point in making a thread and then arguing that you don't want the job because it takes up your weekends?

To have you help me decide whether or not I should take it? I already have, but I'll be doing it freelance. The moderators can lock this thread if they please, as I've already made my decision.

Wait, what exactly is your job? You get paid to visit places other people pay to see?

Basically they give me money and a specific location to review. I go there, sit down, order food, leave, write a review about it, then send it to the magazine.

Guest Stefkov

So you will get paid to take up to 2 friends to a specific location, have fun, then write about the experience.

Why did you need to think about it?