N-Europe

Euro 2008: Who Will You Support?

Daft

We put drugs in their cereals when they're children

Y'know, I think that an idea such as that might be better than having a limit on foreign players in a starting XI, or building a silly little National Football Centre. Hmm...ideas are coming to me...

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

João Moutinho is indeed a great player, not as technical as Ronaldo or Quaresma but more like Rui Costa in that he has a good vision of the field and passes quite well. He's also very energetic, been playing for 2 years with almost no breaks. Bet we could power Lisbon just by having him run inside a ball.

Guess which club is the common denominator for all this great players? Sporting!

• Figo
  • Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Nani
  • Quaresma
  • Paulo Futre
  • Simão Sabrosa
  • João Moutinho
  • Hugo Viana

All product of the great youth academy Sporting has.

It's just the most natural thing in the world, it's a team that's representing our country, it's not really hard to understand. Of course there's nothing wrong with supporting other teams. Not to mention despite being the underdogs, we, like you said, play good football.

I know it's natural, but doesn't it just make you stop and wonder why? I dunno, I don't really get why it's so automatized, you know? Like nobody even thinks why their supportting Portugal instead of another team. The "it's my country" thing makes no sense, as you didn't choose it, it was just random. I have a hard time understanding why someone would invest so much energy in a random fact. :confused:

Ok, I better shut up now.

and Miguel Veloso, who from what I have seen looks a very good player.

Haha, I like him too but didn't listed him because its a bit more controversial, not everyone agrees that he's that good. He entered the season really well but his latest exhibitions are a bit irregular.

I never really got "why" people root for their own countries... What is it? Like national pride or something?

Yes, in my case it's pure, simple and blind national pride. No reason at all. If we don't love'em who else would?

I also don't know why I love those 2 bulges of meat women have in front of them. I don't even like milk that much. Hormones? :P

What I hate is the support the best teams have. I mean, it's too easy to support the best team if you know they're going to win most of the games. It's way funnier to support the underdog.

I'm gonna be honest and say I can't understand what people get out of watching any sport at all. I mean, doing it, yeah, makes sense. Watching... I don't get it. I went to the Cup Finals this year coz we had free tickets, I was playing tetris on my mobile after the first 10 minutes... :(

I'm rooting for Holland this year, as my Dutch friend is...well, Dutch. And, he's pretty cool, so I thought "hey, Wales aren't in it, so hooray for the Dutch."

Yeah, so I'm supporting the Dutch this year. Wow, how many times did I say Dutch in this post?

Guest Maase

Supporting Portugal, we have a great team, even tough its allways the same team, and if it isn't, we have controversy in here (the Maniche incident).

I actually think that thanks to the Euro, we are recognized as... different from Spain.

I am patriotic - so I say Austria will advance at least one more round. Beating Poland and Croatia and draw against Germany :)

Or any other suitable constellation ... too bad it will probably only be an illusion. After all we are the worst team at this Euro and.

But every game is an excuse for afternoon beer ;)

Deco is playing shite.

Allow me to disagree, he made some class passes.

We played near perfect! Haven't seen us play like this since the last cup, and even then. 2-0 doesn't really do us justice, it could have easily been 4 our 5 nil. Did you so our man Moutinho?! So damn good!