N-Europe

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't kid yourselves into thinking this game will be long.

Have you played Wario Land before?

There's some details up on IGN. Nothing new I don't think, except they mention that the setting of the game is somewhere called Euretopia. Not sure if we knew that already or not. Calling the place Euretopia surely means Europe will be treated favourably and not have to wait too long for the game...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/881/881551p1.html

I've played Wario Land and it wasn't that long but Wario Land 3 on the GBC was long to me. I never completed it as I got confused as to where the treasure chests were and always had the wrong key when i did find them. :)

This game however doesn't scream long to me but I could be wrong. It will be of a decent length though I feel and not be too short hopefully. I've always been a fan of Wario and the game looks as if it can deliever in the fun department anyway which is the most important thing. :D

I'm not talking about it being fifty hours long but in the other Wario Land games there is reason to go back through the levels, just as there seems to be in this. Like Jonnas said (and he knows his Wario Land) "3 treasures per level makes the game sound 3 times bigger." Meaning we hope that the game won't be a straight romp from beginning to end.

OH I know that, it's just that long for most people nowadays are 50 hour games.

50 hours is long, even for an RPG. For a platformer, length is measured in levels, not hours.

I know you already know that, but it's good to remind people of this.

50 hours is long, even for an RPG. For a platformer, length is measured in levels, not hours.

I know you already know that, but it's good to remind people of this.

Uh, it's not measured "in levels". Levels can be any sort of length. You can get a game with 120 levels that are all a minute long and it'll be much shorter than a game with 50 levels that are all 10 minutes.

What's most important about a platformer really is replayability. Are the levels well designed enough that you'd want to replay them and not just care about going from next to next? That's one area too where Wario Land has ALWAYS shined, good replay value.

Uh, it's not measured "in levels". Levels can be any sort of length. You can get a game with 120 levels that are all a minute long and it'll be much shorter than a game with 50 levels that are all 10 minutes.

What's most important about a platformer really is replayability. Are the levels well designed enough that you'd want to replay them and not just care about going from next to next? That's one area too where Wario Land has ALWAYS shined, good replay value.

Actually, since we're talking about a developer making some effort to bring a good platformer, the levels will most likely be of decent length.

I know it can be subjective, but so can be hours to measure an adventure game, or an RPG. Different people will play a game in different ways, and will judge the game's length based on how they played.

But the replayability argument is the truest of all.

New screenshot and info

24136mr.jpg

Wario Land™: Shake It!, a classic side-scroller for the Wii console launching Sept. 29, stars Wario, the smelly, bad-mannered alter ego of Mario™. With the Wii Remote™ controller turned sideways like an old-school controller, veterans and newcomers alike can run, jump and smash their way through hectic side-scrolling stages. Players shake the Wii Remote to help Wario take down his enemies, empty bags of treasure or cause earthquakes. Best of all, there are numerous stages each offering multiple missions to keep players coming back again and again to unlock everything, collect more coins or just improve their best times.

i like the look of this i used to love the first wario game , Mario Land 3??

on chunky gameboy I played that for hours and hours huddled over with the big tacky magnifying lense you could get attached to it haha my mum wouldnt let me play unless I used it as she thought the screen was too small !