NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension

Just seen this news over at GoNintendo. If you go to

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/schedule/0807.html

there is a list of DS and Wii games for Japan with some dates, Wario Land Shake is one of these.

Im quite optimistic that the game will be a return to the adventure games of Wario rather than a minigame collection what with the title being LAND and not WARE. Could this be the rumoured Wario balance board game for the Wii? I guess we will find out at E3.

Some infomation:

- hand draw background

- toon-shade characters

Now this sounds interesting - it's nice to finally get some sort of new game announcement from Nintendo, although I really hope it's not just more minigames. I like the sound of the art style, and hope that it's as fun as Warioland 4. Even Warioworld on the GameCube wasn't that bad - just a bit simple and repetitive. And I know I'm probably on my own here, but fingers crossed for the inclusion of Waluigi.

And I know I'm probably on my own here, but fingers crossed for the inclusion of Waluigi.
Nope you're not alone, I'll also be crossing my fingers. :smile:

And I know I'm probably on my own here, but fingers crossed for the inclusion of Waluigi.

Nope. I'm not really a fan of the character but it would be really nice for him to appear in a non-spin-off game.

The inclusion of Shake in the title worries me...it means it is likely to have some gimic...personally I would love a 3D version of one of the early gameboy titles, even the GBA one...

Tbh I really really want a Wario Ware that uses the balance board now :P

Wait, wait, "Land Shake"? May use the Wii Board?

Are we going to do the butt-stomps in real life, too? :heh:

I'm guessing (hoping) it'll be something like Jungle Beat.

I want Nintendo to release a Donkey Konga game for the Wii (or DS, but preferably the Wii). You could use the original Bongos, the Balance Board, two Remotes or simply the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

I'm guessing (hoping) it'll be something like Jungle Beat.

If this can come anywhere near to being as great as Jungle Beat, I'll be very happy. Best 2D platformer in years.

I was hoping for a new Wario Ware, but Land is just as good. Can't wait to hear/see more. If it supports the balance board then I may get it just for this game :P

Wario Land = oh yes!

Shake = :confused: made me think of shake/ waggle the remote, but since reading the thread it could also be for the balance board.

Maybe it will be a 2D Wiiware title...?

Maybe it will be a 2D Wiiware title...?

Yeah, alot of people are thinking that aswell due to the fact that nothing has been seen/heard of it until now and the release of the game is pretty soon.

That would be awesome, and it'd make more sense than a full retail release (and would probably fare better).

More DS dates listing :

DS Nanashi no Game 7/3

DS Dragon Quest V 7/17

DS Knights in the Nightmare 7/17

DS Metal Slug 7 7/17

DS Twilight Syndrome 7/24

DS Steal Princess 7/31

DS New International Track and Field 7/24

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/index.html

Translation:

After a long time, seeing, touching, it was the pleasant [do] lively action game.

It shakes remote control and/or it can tilt something occurs it is.

And method of entering to the movement and the earth tube which [wario] seem made unintentionally.

Infos from japanese retailer:

- 20 stages

- hand-drawn animation

- 1 player

- locations such as jungle ruins, desert, and ocean

- shake the Wiimote for special actions (shake enemies to grab coins, unearth hidden locations, and more)

- some sort of throwing mechanic via Wiimote manipulation

- vehicles such as rockets and submarines, seems that the Wiimote speaker plays a part in vehicles as well

Nice find Pedro!

It looks like a return to the sidescrolling adventures for the angry fat man, this makes me a happy chappy. The inclusion of the submarine made me instantly think of Mario Land 1, good times :)

Yep guys it's confirmed, Nintendo hates the "hardcore", long live non-games!

I wonder who's developing this. This+Tengoku DS = boner

Wow, they've gone for a 2D sprited look...risky

Although if they charge full price...especially with only 20 levels, people will go crazy...even I may hold off getting it...

Wow, they've gone for a 2D sprited look...risky

Although if they charge full price...especially with only 20 levels, people will go crazy...even I may hold off getting it...

Risky? Yes.

Awesome? FUCK YES.