N-Europe

Biggest Let Down Ever!

Kirkatronics

What game has been he biggest let down to you?

For me it is 50 Cent Bullet Proof... The people at school were saying how amazing it is, then when i got i i felt like making them eat it.

The hype out did the game =[

for it to be a letdown there at least had to be a shred of hope that it could potentially be good..

but that game would always be shite.

lets see game wise i'd say:super monkey ball banana blitz and sonic and the secret rings

Don't know if anyone has said it...but F-Zero GX I frankly found pretty dull. I know it was incredibly fast, and I read several reviews giving it 90%+...And I loved the idea when I was reading about it (and seeing it on Smash Brothers...) but I just didn't get it at all. What was the appeal of it? I tried so hard to get into it, but I found that basically all it included was holding down A and trying desperately to avoid falling off the edge. There seemed to be no excitement in the game until you crossed the line, and only then was it to see if you had managed to boost past people. The whole race was just dullness leading to three seconds of excitement.

And not only that but nobody else that I know can play it and stay on the track. Even friends who play more games than me find the whole thing incredibly hard. I wanted a game that would give me lasting appeal and then when it started to get dull would keep me amused in multiplayer. Sadly it did neither. Once you get past the fact that the game is really fast and very pretty, there just isn't much else going on.

again this can all be summarised with yoiu found the game too hard!

your right nobody could play the damn thing..its difficult to get tinto but its anything but dull.great music,graphics,speed...maybe youd prefer cheating powerups like mario kart sigh..it stands as one of the most skillful racers.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way for them to best the Zelda series is to scrap it and do a do-over... but Nintendo would never do that.

Get rid of the Triforce story, ditch Zelda, ditch Ganon. Give it a stupid twisted story line and don't make it a third person collect items and go onwards-'em up. Make it something down right stupid.

But this is Nintendo. If a cheap buck can be found, they'll do it. Just like they'll bleed Pokémon to death.

Then again, I've adored every Zelda... So what can i say? My favourite is most peoples least though. Wind Waker is fucking lovely to play, even if it is as easy as a $2 whore.

I think they'd need to do three things to make it decent: give it an extremely good story (with Triforce etc. optional and if present used originally), and drastically alter the gameplay, yet make it clear that it's still a Zelda game. But most fans would complain, so yeah, it isn't going to happen.

As for letdowns... hmm, Starfox Adventures. That was rubbish.

I just posted in the other complimentry thread about SSX 3 being one of the most pleasant suprises I've had with games, which reminded me...

SSX On Tour is one of the biggest let downs EVER. Honestly, SSX 3 was so much better and more fun than I ever expected which was why I got On Tour as soon as it came out. What a mistake!

Wow this thread is full of lulz. I don't really get disappointed by games as I think I enjoy most of them for what they are i.e. try to find something good about them, and most of the time I don't really take risks as I know what I like and what I can see past. That said, Drakengard was a bit of a let down as the graphics could be horrendous, the combos downright boring, and it made dynasty warriors look like the most varied game ever.

but I found that basically all (F-Zero GX) included was holding down A and trying desperately to avoid falling off the edge.

LOL! That about sums it up.

I loved the game. For exactly the same reasons. My seat edge was worn, my nails were bitten to their fleshy sources and great clumps of hair lay all around me.

I don't have many let downs, but I suppose Mario Kart: Double Dash!! qualifies. Crystal Kingdom Dizzy was another.

Lets see for me, it would be Enter the Matrix, Star Fox Adventures, F-Zero GX. I would also add Forza 2 to this list, but it is ok i think. Gets a little repetitive when racing on the same track for the 4th time in a row mind.

The others however let me down in many ways. Graphically, they were good but Star Fox was let down by Rare adding Fox into the game and making it too easy. Enter the Matrix was plain boring after a short time playing it and as for F-Zero, don't get me started on that. I could rant all day about all three games, but alas time is not on my side.

F-Zero GX was one of the best racers of the last generation, possibly ever. It's fucking hardcore, but it provided me with some pure gold gaming.

One time, on one of those pipe levels, me and a friend were head to head in a mp race. I literally mean head to head too- our times were one 100th of a second apart, the win going to him. It was incredible.

Guest Jordan
Not on PGR4.

Seriously, I never get bored of that game. :heh:

PGR3 left so fresh and amazing, PGR4 felt stale and boring from the get go and i could never put my finger down as to why...

PGR3 left so fresh and amazing, PGR4 felt stale and boring from the get go and i could never put my finger down as to why...

I put up with it until I got to 18th (in singlepalyer). Then the progress was just hideously slow so I just sold the game.

F-Zero GX was one of the best racers of the last generation, possibly ever. It's fucking hardcore, but it provided me with some pure gold gaming.

One time, on one of those pipe levels, me and a friend were head to head in a mp race. I literally mean head to head too- our times were one 100th of a second apart, the win going to him. It was incredible.

Don't you mean neck and neck?

but thats the thing... It's pure skill.. there is no luck in f-zero gx.. :)

Yeah I can kind of understand that but PGR4 feels nice and polished. Plus whenever any of my friends are round that's what we play...well that and EDF 2017.

Having said that, I definitely spent way more time on PGR3. :hehe: