N-Europe

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 Season 8 - First Clip

The first bit isn't very good in terms of audio, but the rest of it is fine until someone asks the guy to put his camera down (apparently the rest of the clip showed the new CTU headquarters in New York, Freddie Prinze Jr's character talking to his wife, who also works there, and Chloe struggling with computer systems for once after taking some time off for her baby). Keep watching for the first clip from Season 8. I also found a little summary of the Comic-Con talk that this was shown during...

- Gordon mentioned that they focused on bringing Jack back to a place where living mattered in season 7, and that character arc will continue into season 8.

- He also mentioned that season 8 will be the most direct continuation from the previous season that the series has ever had.

- The season starts with Jack actually happy and content with Kim and her daughter. They’re all really glad they fixed the Kim relationship last season.

- Sackhoff (Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica) was very coy about her character. She says that she doesn’t know how she’ll get used to playing a desk-stricken character, but she hinted that there was more to her than we see initially. She apparently mentioned to the producers early on after she was hired: “At some point I need a gun. Preferably two.”

- Someone asked if we’ll ever see Donald Sutherland in the show, and Kiefer mentioned it almost happened in season 6 (with his father?), but scheduling conflicts with Dirty Sexy Money prevented it from happening. Since they look so much alike, they couldn’t really bring him on in any other capacity.

- Someone (possibly Kiefer) mentioned that this season will bring the series back to a level of reality that we haven’t seen since season 1.

Edited by Tellyn

I just saw an advertisement about David Palmer being in this FBI type documentary called The Unit? I don't understand, I thought he died years ago? Was this before he was President?

Actor in 'more than one role' shocker stuns nation, fans.

Sepember 21st in teh Amerkierz.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

The actual Superman Smallville suit...

smallvillesuit2.jpg

Ummm...I can immagine Slaggis wearing it.

Actually its an "apparently" I think its a mockup based on what was shown at ComicCon.

That's quite a cool getup. Shame the show is utter shit.

...not that'll stop me watching it.

The actual Superman Smallville suit...

smallvillesuit2.jpg

Ummm...I can immagine Slaggis wearing it.

Actually its an "apparently" I think its a mockup based on what was shown at ComicCon.

I am reminded of...

6a00d83451e1dc69e2010536a21504970b-800wi

Not really sure why. Perhaps just the fact that they both have short dark hair and are wearing coats. I don't know, leave me be.

I am reminded of...

6a00d83451e1dc69e2010536a21504970b-800wi

Not really sure why. Perhaps just the fact that they both have short dark hair and are wearing coats. I don't know, leave me be.

You know, that is what I saw too, but I didn't realise what it was until I saw your post. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

It's an awesome coat. Both of them.

Yeah I actually thought it was Captain Jack at a glance!

Not a fan of that suit at all!! You sure it's not a fake of some kind, it almost looks like the head and 'S' have been photoshopped on!

:p

Yeah I believe its just a photoshop of what has been shown so far but memories can be fickle.

News from HBO conference:

The entire Sunday summer lineup: Entourage, True Blood, and Hung will be coming back next summer.

They've ordered an animated series from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant based on their podcasts with the ever-entertaining Karl Pilkington.

On a third season of Flight of the Conchords: "We're ready when they're ready."

The pilot of Boardwalk Empire, directed by Martin Scorsese, has been delivered to HBO. It will be picked up based on what they see. They like what they see so far.

No more Little Britain USA, but they are working with the producers to create specials with all-new characters.

Mayo with a splash of Garlic

And the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode in which all the Seinfeld cast are starring is going to be about them making a Seinfeld reuinion episode. Meta-tastic.

Michael Hogan (aka Sol Tigh) is guest starring in Dollhouse's second second season episode. Its a BSG reunion every week! I want Mary McDonnell to be the head of another house and go (calmly) toe-to-toe with Adelle. Would be awesome.

Also; Television Critics Associations award winners:

PROGRAM OF THE YEAR: Battlestar Galactica (Syfy)

OUTSTANDING NEW PROGRAM: True Blood (HBO)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN DRAMA: Mad Men (AMC)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY: The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN NEWS & INFORMATION: The Alzheimer's Project (HBO)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN CHILDREN'S PROGRAMMING: Yo Gabba Gabba (Nickelodeon)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN MOVIES, MINI-SERIES & SPECIALS: Grey Gardens (HBO)

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY: Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN DRAMA: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad (AMC)

HERITAGE AWARD: ER (NBC)

CAREER ACHIEVEMENT: Betty White

Source

And the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode in which all the Seinfeld cast are starring is going to be about them making a Seinfeld reuinion episode. Meta-tastic.

Seinfeld himself is signed up for 5 episodes, so I imagine it will be a mini plot arc rather than just one episode. Can't wait :heart: Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Michael Hogan (aka Sol Tigh) is guest starring in Dollhouse's second second season episode. Its a BSG reunion every week! I want Mary McDonnell to be the head of another house and go (calmly) toe-to-toe with Adelle. Would be awesome.

Also; Television Critics Associations award winners:

PROGRAM OF THE YEAR: Battlestar Galactica (Syfy)

OUTSTANDING NEW PROGRAM: True Blood (HBO)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN DRAMA: Mad Men (AMC)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY: The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN NEWS & INFORMATION: The Alzheimer's Project (HBO)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN CHILDREN'S PROGRAMMING: Yo Gabba Gabba (Nickelodeon)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN MOVIES, MINI-SERIES & SPECIALS: Grey Gardens (HBO)

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY: Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN DRAMA: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad (AMC)

HERITAGE AWARD: ER (NBC)

CAREER ACHIEVEMENT: Betty White

Source

Breaking Bad should have won everything. Or shared it with Mad Men.