N-Europe

Summer Music

DiemetriX

Feels by Animal Collective is a great experimental summer record. It's vibrant, loose and bright. Pet Sounds by Beach Boys is a given. Any recent Flaming Lips record. And lastly Reveal by REM.

You can't go wrong with a bit of cool jazz on a summer evening either. Miles Davis, Coltrane et al.

Is it Summer yet? :) (the seasons confuse me!)

Also I'd choose anything by Laura Marling for some reason. I like listening to relaxing music in the sun. :D

She's the best talent of 2008 so far, for me, but her songs aren't particularly summery, except maybe Shine, Your Only Doll and A,ICS. But overall it's much more of a September/October album, with all the rain sound effects and night references.

Scarlet's Walk by Tori Amos as an album is perfect for summer, as it's all about a sun-drenched road trip of self discovery and what not.

King of Carrot Flowers - Neutral Milk Hotel

Most of In the Airplane Over the Sea is great for the Summer.

Just don't pay too much attention to the lyrics.

Summer Dress by Red House Painters is a nice summery song.

She's the best talent of 2008 so far, for me, but her songs aren't particularly summery, except maybe Shine, Your Only Doll and A,ICS. But overall it's much more of a September/October album, with all the rain sound effects and night references.

Scarlet's Walk by Tori Amos as an album is perfect for summer, as it's all about a sun-drenched road trip of self discovery and what not.

I was thinking Laura was more October as well but listening to her while mowing was just relaxing for some reason. :D

I'll give Tori Amos a try for summer. :)

Queens Of The Stone Age - Feel Good Hit Of The Summer

The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations

The Cardigans - My Favourite Game

The Bravery - Time Won't Let Me

The Ramones - Rockaway Beach

Bryan Addams - Summer of '69

Travis - Driftwood

Van Halen/Beach Boys - California Girls

Katrina and the Waves - Walkin' On Sunshine

Mungo Jerry - In the Summertime

Alice Cooper - School's Out