Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Iron Man

Iun

s you well know, I have for several years been battling accusations from the press, members of the public and several figures in my private life... accusations that I am not who I say I am, that I lead a double life of sorts, one as the expansive entrepreneur surrounded by gorgeous Chinese ladies and wealth. The other... something darker, deeper...

On May the 2nd, the world will know the truth, that I am DEFINITELY NOT Iron Man.

ROBERT DOWNEY JR IS!

Thank heck I can finally put that rumour to rest, now I am looking forward to a new era of peace in my life, undisturbed by the myriad of supervillains that have plagued my existence since these ugly lies reared their ugly heads. I'll be able to walk out every day, safe in the knowledge that I don't have to carry my life-sustaining armour ch... safe in the knowledge that Robert Downey Jr will be getting hassled instead.

On a more serious note: I am going to see the advanced screening tomorrow, and there is a little part of me that wants to go to the midnight preview tonight... but... no... mustn't... must... sleep... Argh!

I've booked 8 seats for this: two in front of me, one either side and two behind, so I don't get disturbed. Like this. Because any seat-back-kickers, "Oh, it's-him-from-that-other-movie-what-was-it-called"-ers, whiny little children or people with noisy food WILL be blasted with my repulsor r...will be taught that you don't mess with Iron M... I'll call the usher.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a thread dedicated to movie news.

On topic, I'm kind of looking forward to it. I've only glanced at the hype and from the trailers it doesn't look like its going to disappoint. Will check it out when its on general release, but I don't think it has a chance of being better than The Dark Knight, though Downey Jr is certainly a plus point.

Cant shitting wait.

.....Although Im not dedicated or rich enough to spend the £64 to book 8 seats....just £16 for the two *Sigh* grumble cinema price grumble.

It'll be worth it though!

Benefit of China: 8 seats cost a mere £32. Plus for a short while I was considering hiring the whole screen for 4500 RMB - about £300. Decided against it in the end, obviously... but still ...

Damn right it'll be worth it! Plus there are more toys for me to collect... then I have to ship my whole collection here from England. Eventually.

Going too see this tomorrow.

It looks like I made the right decision only to watch the teaser to the movie from what I´ve heard about the trailer.

Iron Man has never really interested me in the comics, but the film DOES look watchable.

Or at least more comic accurate than the Spider-Man films.

After Civil War I have come to the conclusion that Iron Man is the biggest dick in history...

After Civil War I have come to the conclusion that Iron Man is the biggest dick in history...

Well yeah, but I've never found him interesting. It's the same origin as Batman (basically) only far less interesting since Iron Man has like an invincible exoskeleton packed full of big-ass missiles and shit.

At least Batman has a life being slightly relatable.

Same origin as Batman? Just because he's rich, a playboy and has dead parents? Because asides from the rich part adn being a playboy (which Wayne isn't, he's just pretending), they really don't have that much to do with each other.

Philanthopist businessmen, dual lives (though Iron Man and Tony and known to be one and the same now IIRC), pooled resoures into perfecting the ultimate battlesuit/crime fighting weapons, both are ridiculously powerful (Batman is famously a bit too good at fighting, while Iron Man seems to have randomly invented the world greatest weapon), both have terrible, short-lived relationships with women, often women whose allegiance lies on the other side of the law, black hair (lol).

Whatever, it was throwaway comment, I just noticed the similarities. Big difference if the fact Batman has used Sidekicks virtually all his history, and haspossibly the best Rogue's gallery in comics, whereas Iron Man's enemies are utterly forgettable.

I prefer the dark atmosphere of Batman (comics). I recommend everyone pick up Arkham Asylum, the graphic novel. Beautiful and frighteningly illustrated and written, by Dave McKean and reknowned Grant Morrisson respectively.

Hellfire,

I meant iron man is always fighting magic, to give him a worthy adversary (science vs. magic). See original iron man (60s era) 'magic key' arc 30 to 38 for further proof. Oh and his biggest enemy, that tit with the rings.

Shame hes forgotten how to write good Batman comics now. :blank:

Not read anything by him since New-X-Men, which I loved.

Have you read Arkham Asylum? Get the edition with the original script included in the back, his notes really help understand the story, and the original ideas that were left out.

----

Also, yeah...I kinda hate how Iron Man has to fight wither other "Iron" people or magicians.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!