NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

You're completely wrong, probably through misguided unofficial internet rubbish.

Suda 51 confirmed in an interview that there was always more than one version of the game; meaning no-one had blood removed or added.

Plus, why would Ubisoft have added blood? They have nothing to do with the development of the game.

Anyway...there's always been more than one version to suit different cultures, also meaning there was no chickening or self cencoring; they just decided to release the "Japanese ver." of the game here instead of the US one.

I consider the Jap ver. the true one, as the game's developed in Japan.

I think you need to look at the video comparisons... there are some lol worthy cut-scenes where you can tell blood has been crudely removed at the last minute. Your suggestions are a falsehood. As i said before, Blood is EVERYTHING . There was a money descion that meant the artists were comprimised.

horray this is great news once this is out i shall be getting no more heroes, the good version and i can order manhunt 2 aswell i shall probably wait to get smash when it comes out over here depending on how long the wait will be

i shall probably wait to get smash when it comes out over here depending on how long the wait will be

Yeah, I'm waiting for the release date before I import. I don't like the thought of having to load two discs to play a game, especially when I usually let my game disc stay in the Wii.

You can fight anyone with FriendCodes regardless of where they are MindFreak.

Terrific! Then there is only the aforementioned downside of importing. ^^

You're completely wrong, probably through misguided unofficial internet rubbish.

Suda 51 confirmed in an interview that there was always more than one version of the game; meaning no-one had blood removed or added.

Plus, why would Ubisoft have added blood? They have nothing to do with the development of the game.

Anyway...there's always been more than one version to suit different cultures, also meaning there was no chickening or self cencoring; they just decided to release the "Japanese ver." of the game here instead of the US one.

I consider the Jap ver. the true one, as the game's developed in Japan.

I can't believe you guys are argueing over what game is the true one get a fucking life jesus

I myself ordered a Freeloader for the Wii on Friday and have just phoned Codejunkies up asking when it was going to be despatched, and the lady told me that they have no definite date just yet.

I also asked about the payment as my money hadn't been taken out yet, and she said that the money will be taken just before it's been despatched.

People seem to of clearly ignored this post here we have words right from Datels mouth. I see this being the same as the old freeloader where we were left waiting months and months

I can't believe you guys are argueing over what game is the true one get a fucking life jesus

zelda timeline

anyhoo, its been added to my trolling armoury

Lol whilst on the subject of the zelda timeline how funny is the angry gamer vid lol

Guys check your orders if you ordered from codejunkies. Some have been changed to 'on hold' instead of 'In Process'.

I think the ones that ordered quickly is still 'In Process' and after a certain number the rest might be 'On Hold'. This could mean the first batch won't be sent to them and the ones 'In Process' will be sent soon maybe. Perhaps tomorrow afterall for the first batch? That's just what I think anyway. But peoples status are changing now.

Out of curiosity, when did you order yours and what number order are you?

Lol My numbers 3945, ordered it yesterday, But its gonna be at least the end of next week b4 i order brawl

Did mine on the 2nd, order number 3380. Can't afford Brawl until next week anyways.

So far every order above 3068 is 'On Hold' as far as I can see. Surely in the chance they are sending them tomorrow, their own company would have afair few k in to send to the people ordered from them. Wonder if something is gonna happen tomorrow then.

I just know I'm gonna be sat there with Brawl in my hand and no freeloader.:(

I just know I'm gonna be sat there with Brawl in my hand and no freeloader.:(

A few years back, thats exacatly what happened to me except it was a copy of gamecube beach spikers.

Sweet, my mate bought me No More Heroes in the States, and he's coming over this weekend ^^

Now if I had that Freeloader already... :)

My order is 2843 and is still on "unshipped"

I get my No More Heroes tomorrow, along with God of War PSP And Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2 for PS2.

This is most intriguing, I glanced over it cos I thought 'meh, freeloader' not being much of a big importer in the past, generally due to being poor/lazy to find good places, but now they're everywhere, and it just dawned upon me earlier, I could get one of these and a copy of Brawl! That prospect excites me, but I also think I'd rather have the European version for some reason.

My biggest gripe however, is how do we know this won't get 'fixed' by Nintendo with a WiiUpdate? Will Datel offer new discs to all existing customers if/when/each time it happens? I dunno if I wanna shell out for something that'll be redundant after a week due to Ninty's quick snippery...

EDIT: If I was Nintendo, you know what I'd do? I'd release an update for the Wii's WFC, without which you couldn't access any online in games anymore, leaving wiiloaders with the option of keeping it solo and crying over lost online, or updating and losing their wiiloader capabilities. We should just be grateful Nintendo aren't up to my genius caliber though.

EDITEDIT: May it be possible that Datel found a permanent workaround the disc thing though? I just thought of that thing with the super fast disc change to get the original gc AR/freeloader to work.

Wii - £161.99

Freeloader - £9.99

Brawl - £25.47

Nintendo releasing a firmware update on the launch of the Freeloader which blocks it out = PRICELESS

... Sorry, I couldn't resist. :heh:It's firmware-proof apparently.

Ok, I'm actually reading the thread now(it seemed like 15 pages of saminess at first glance) and I request some ketchup with that, if you have any.

Quoted for the third time.

Goddamn, now my whole post makes me feel smaller than this writing. Thanks for that, the lateness and procrastination has made me foolish :red:, I've been reading random pages at a time lol.

Thought it still worked. I don't see a big enough reason to block it though. It's only Europe and it's still helping overall sales and they don't care about us :heh:

We're an important market, in the same way it saves us money importing/buying from abroad due to our strong currency, it also means that our market brings in a nice sum to their pockets, due to our strong currency. I should imagine there's all economic predictions and projections based off it too which we'll scuff up, though I'd say an insignificant amount of people will be importing anyway(<5% of total).

Dear Customer

Further to your email we can confirm that on every occasion that the product is used when the disc is inserted in the console that it allows the usage of any imported Wii game discs and disables the console from been able to update its firmware, if the disc is removed after been inserted and reinserted this will again enable the console to update its firmware but still allow the usage of the any imported Wii game discs.

Regards

It was probably addressed with Tales's post, but to me that says that when you put wiiloader in, it bypasses everything. If you put the game in and it HAS to install something to work, then putting wiiloader back in, removing, and putting the game disc in again will allow you to do so, and then wiiloader will bypass the new firmware/update anyway and allow you to play.

They could upgrade the firmware when making new GCs. But they didn't.

According to someone in this thread, they did with the white striker's gamecubes? I have no idea what they were talking about though, I didn't know they existed, or that it was called strikers on gc.

Mine is order 2585 and is still In Process/Unshipped.

Sounds to me like the first 3000 are going to get it sent out soon, and the rest are gonna have to wait a week or so.

It said limited stocks in a Gameseek newsletterst now today, and it's still in Pre-Order status for me.

Slight update on the Freeloader page now. It now says it's the 'Euro Version' so if you have a PAL console you need to get that and they've added a 'US Version' aswell.

And Brawl is definently getting sent out on Monday from VG+.

i'm convinced now that we aint gonna get the freeloader for a while i'm thinking a month if not more. Yes it may of been tested but they had tested it last time and it still took ages. As i said in a previous post I hope i'm proven wrong but sadly I think I will be sat here with Brawl and no way to play it

Slight update on the Freeloader page now. It now says it's the 'Euro Version' so if you have a PAL console you need to get that and they've added a 'US Version' aswell.

And Brawl is definently getting sent out on Monday from VG+.

Japanese version??