NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Has anyone ordered the free-loader from codejunkies yet?

On the checkout section theres something I dont understand under the ship to section

em, first MI:

Last:

Yes, just done it today.

em, first MI: FIRST NAME

Last: LAST NAME.

eg:

em, first MI: JOHN

Last : SMITH

I presume its meant to be First and Middle name. It is odd though.

Pre-ordered mine from gameseek was gonna get it from datel but a fiver for postage i thought sod that

First name, middle initial I think.

Or at least, thats what I put in.

I checked on Ebay today. Everyones saying the free-loader is out This week, but by the phrase ''very soon'' I was thinking within 3-4 weeks.

Some places have it for this Friday coming out and codejunkies is sending their orders out on Tuesday.

They have a final working version so I knew it wasn't gonna be too long.

How has the thread become so large? Have I missed out on some big news or is this just largely banter?

Have codejunkies commented on whether itll be able to provide service on this if there is an update, and will people be able to use it if they dont update?

Quoted for the third time.

ATTENTION EVERYONE

I have actually had a LONG conversation with one of the codejunkies technical experts over the phone yesterday, when I ordered freeloader (the phone call at their expense - they called me back!)

This is what freeloader does, confirmed by codejunkies staff, who actually investigated my questions when I asked about it, TESTED it, and then called me back:

• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL REGION-CODING.

• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL WII UPDATES ON A WII GAME DISK (INCLUDING SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL).

• WII FREELOADER IGNORES THE NECESSITY OF CHECKING FOR GAME UPDATES; THUS ALLOWING THE GAME FILES TO BE PLAYED SAFELY WITHOUT ANY RISK OF BRICKING YOUR WII CONSOLE.

• CODEJUNKIES STAFF HAVE CONFIRMED TO ME, BY PHONE, THAT IF A WII FIRMWARE UPDATE SOMEHOW BLOCKS THE WII FREELOADER, THEY WILL SEND YOU AN UPDATED WII FREELOADER FREE OF CHARGE WHEN ONE IS CREATED, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE OF YOUR ORIGINAL COPY OF WII FREELOADER.

Hope this helps everyone!

MESSAGE RESPONSES

link2u wrote:

ok i really need this question answered i have the latest update for the wii will freeloader work do you think ?

Yes, it will.

Shortay wrote:

But surely Nintendo wouldn't actually break someone's Wii just because they used a freeloader? It's not like it's illegal or anything... yet.

They can legally block modchips in europe, but I do not believe they can legally block software (a.k.a. freeloader discs)

lyingthroughyour wrote:

Sounds good, but until someone updates their wii and confirms that their wii and freeloader survived the update it just sounds too risky.

Codejunkies has confirmed it's completely safe because wii freeloade loads the game file, ignoring all updates on a game disk.

LordYoshiman wrote:

If it DOES bypass the updates, Nintendo could change the format of some games in the near future making them unplayable even with a Freeloader (they did so in the SNES era with Super Mario RPG by making it unplayable using region-changing devices). So you would be spending over £50 on one game.

It bypasses all updates and plays the raw game file safely, with the wifi and everything safe - this has been confirmed 100% by codejunkies to me.

superh wrote:

Brawl will come with an update just like metroid prime 3 and super mario galaxy. It will not work

Yes, it comes with an update, but use of the wii freeloader allows that update to be ignored.

Peppyman wrote:

So moving swiftly on....I've gone ahead and order the freeloader and smash bros. After reading all the pages of this thread I'm very skeptical about what will happen once I run the freeloader.

You have every right to be skeptical, but it is unneeded, as codejunkies hae tested the Freeloader with a japanese version (with update on disk) with BOTH european, and american consoles.

Read the rest of the thread -.-

There's reasons why it's went up quickly with responses from Datel etc.

Tales helped you. Be nice and thank him.

Perhaps an update on the first post with the details and new announcements would be easier?

Well, I usually don't check the first page but it would be an idea.

I'd say once more concrete things start coming through (ie Datel announcing this stuff themselves in some form of official capacity) and people start getting them and playtesting things an official thread (as in one of those where the first post is relevant, such as the release list thread. not as in when people want to seem cool so they put the word official in willy nilly) about the freeloader can be made.

Huh, that is good information honestly. Now I feel more comfortable about buying it. Thanks!

Why would Nintendo want to block the software though, seeing as allows people to buy more games?

Why would Nintendo want to block the software though, seeing as allows people to buy more games?

Nintendo won't like the fact Europeans sales will be effected by them importing American games, even if the money is still going to Nintendo.

I wish NOE would just leave us the hell alone and let us do what we like, but i'm expecting some back-lash from this.

Or not update your console or get a Freeloader sent out to you if Nintendo actually find a way to block it.

I was hoping to find news on a firm release date by now but e-mail replies or someone phoning but so far nothing, maybe later on.

Wonder if it will ship tomorrow/this week.

It depends on how quickly NOE can convince japanese programmers that a firware update is a necessity, since I doubt NOE have programmers who'd revise firmware, and i'd not trust them to do so anyway. Make a right cock up they would. And it'd probably be delayed while it was 'localized'. Then recalled because it contains the word 'spastic'. Cocks.

I don't see why Nintendo should bother blocking it. It's only a small amount of people who import, and Nintendo never seemed to have a problem with that with the GBA and DS.

Nin will find a way of stopping it just by examining the software and prevent revised free loaders.

I was also going to import the Jap version of Wii Fit from yes-asia. But its £85

I don't see why Nintendo should bother blocking it. It's only a small amount of people who import, and Nintendo never seemed to have a problem with that with the GBA and DS.

Same here. I don't expect them to do much about it. If they do in that slight chance, Datel will just find a way round it.

Nin will find a way of stopping it just by examining the software and prevent revised free loaders.

lol. You make sound as if it's easy. It doesn't work quite like that.

I was also going to import the Jap version of Wii Fit from yes-asia. But its £85

£65.95 on play-asia. RRP is abut £50 I think but low stock is keeping the price bumped up.