Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

A suitable starter...

Wesley

Hello... I'm cooking a meal, entirely from scratch for the first time in my life, and am stuck for a starter. The main meal is Mushroom Stroganoff. I'm at a lost really.

Anyone got any ideas? Something that would go nicely with it, or simply is lovely! Has to be meat free though... thaaaanks.

Could do what I cooked last night.

Get some peppers. Chop off top. Cover peppers in a little oil and put in oven for about 10-15 minutes until they are just starting to get soft. While this goes on stick some rice on the boil. Also get some mushrooms, chop them and fry them with some garlic mixed herbs, pepper and a little paprika. Stick the mushrooms in with the rice once boiled along with some houmous and mix it all up. Put the rice mixture inside the pepper and cover the top with some cheese. Put back in the oven for 5-10 minute until cheese melted. Et Voila, serve with any left over rice mixture and some pan fried cherry tomatoes.

Could do what I cooked last night.

Get some peppers. Chop off top. Cover peppers in a little oil and put in oven for about 10-15 minutes until they are just starting to get soft. While this goes on stick some rice on the boil. Also get some mushrooms, chop them and fry them with some garlic mixed herbs, pepper and a little paprika. Stick the mushrooms in with the rice once boiled along with some houmous and mix it all up. Put the rice mixture inside the pepper and cover the top with some cheese. Put back in the oven for 5-10 minute until cheese melted. Et Voila, serve with any left over rice mixture and some pan fried cherry tomatoes.

Sounds nice, but the main course is already mushrooms and rice.

Potato soup?

If you're doing desert then Treacle Tart with custard/ice cream. My grandma's treacle tart is good enough for Jahova, unbelivably yummy. Honestly ive not had a pud quite as brilliant as that, so nice. Sweet, creamy spongy, crumbly pastry edge. oh! (He said Jahova!!!!)

Chicken and Sweetcorn soup makes a good starter for most meals.
figs with parma ham and goats cheese make quick easy to make starters.
Hello... I'm cooking a meal, entirely from scratch for the first time in my life, and am stuck for a starter. The main meal is Mushroom Stroganoff. I'm at a lost really.

Anyone got any ideas? Something that would go nicely with it, or simply is lovely! Has to be meat free though... thaaaanks.

Methinks people should pay more attention to the first post.

If you want to try something more extravagant, you could have a go at Supplì al Telefono:

23043743.jpg

Google for recipes.

You could quite easily make a homemade soup which is stupidly easy.

Tomatoes

Natural Yoghurt

Salt & Pepper to taste

Fresh Basil

And you have a simple homemade soup. Or anything with Butternut Squash in it < Has so be one of my fav. if not my favorite vegetables

Check out the Zaar

for inspiration. Good Luck.

________

E-Cigarettes

Edited by fex