Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Universities and shizzle.

Twozzok

Guest Stefkov

My mum's useless at filling in forms. She's left it for me to find out what to put in. Pisses me off, a lot, just because of the situation here they can't even fill in forms decently and civilly.

Applied for accomodation a while back, hopefully that's got there alright.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few do but the results you need for it is ridiculous. A friend in colege is applying for it (he also gets a freebie laptop i think because he has a 'mild' and i say mild form of dyslexia) whilst the average is about MMM to get into uni (C/B grade i think?) he needs DDM at least...literally about 100 points out of like 120.

As its got overlooked (damn you Nightwolf! :P) I'll repost this (or it could be a case graduates don't look in here);

Yo yo yo peeps. How do you get a 2:1? I was chatting to my friend last night and he said despite the fact he's written in his dissertation (ie not bothered) he'll get a 2:1 because he has x amount of B's. Three from 2nd year and some amount from third year. What are the exact figures?

So far I have two B's from last semester. This semester's results still aren't in. But exactly (or near enough as I know its kinda rough) what levels of B's and C's do you need for a 2:1?

As its got overlooked (damn you Nightwolf! :P) I'll repost this (or it could be a case graduates don't look in here);

Yo yo yo peeps. How do you get a 2:1? I was chatting to my friend last night and he said despite the fact he's written in his dissertation (ie not bothered) he'll get a 2:1 because he has x amount of B's. Three from 2nd year and some amount from third year. What are the exact figures?

So far I have two B's from last semester. This semester's results still aren't in. But exactly (or near enough as I know its kinda rough) what levels of B's and C's do you need for a 2:1?

no idea mate. :heh::smile:

We didn't get A's B's etc at uni but to get a 2:1 we had to get an average mark of 60% or higher over the 2nd and 3rd year. i think the grade barriers where:

3rd: 35%

2:2: 45%

2:1 : 60%

1st : 80%

although if your uni works on B's and C's then its probably not much help

Does your course have a coursebook with like module choices and stuff in it, and administrative info? It may explain it in there if it exists.

In Newcastle it was

40-49: 3

50-59: 2:2

60-69: 2:1

70-85: 1

Marks were scaled so that no one got above an 85 so that averages wouldn't be skewed too much by a 100% here or there.

Guest Stefkov
300?! :blank:

I think he means points for Ucas. That's only 3 Bs if I'm right, in the upper 6th year. Then adding on the lower 6th results aswell. I say only...

I only need 260 points, which is 3 Cs. If I add on the other 2 subjects from last year I get 10 points over that.

I think he means points for Ucas. That's only 3 Bs if I'm right, in the upper 6th year. Then adding on the lower 6th results aswell. I say only...

I only need 260 points, which is 3 Cs. If I add on the other 2 subjects from last year I get 10 points over that.

ah yes sorry I keep thinking about my student tracker, for me being on a btec i need 68 points to transfer to ucas to make 240points

it's oddly confusing.

Do you lot take exams? I really do feel sorry for you all because you can't go back and change the exam.

Btec has it so much easier, we do one suject and many units, each unit has many assignments and there's two assignments that have double points (which instantly makes 24 points if we get high grades in both) and we only need 40ish to pass and it makes 3 a levels as soon as we pass :S

Does your course have a coursebook with like module choices and stuff in it, and administrative info? It may explain it in there if it exists.

In Newcastle it was

40-49: 3

50-59: 2:2

60-69: 2:1

70-85: 1

Marks were scaled so that no one got above an 85 so that averages wouldn't be skewed too much by a 100% here or there.

Managed to find something on the uni's website. Turns out its 6 Bs and 2 Cs from 2nd and 3rd years (or 90 and 30 credits) for a 2:1 (or 6 As and 2 Bs for a 1st and I have the two Bs at least...)

Ah well, got my answer. Will wait til end of month (presumably) for my results from my next batch of modules and see where I'm heading.

Do you lot take exams? I really do feel sorry for you all because you can't go back and change the exam.

Btec has it so much easier, we do one suject and many units, each unit has many assignments and there's two assignments that have double points (which instantly makes 24 points if we get high grades in both) and we only need 40ish to pass and it makes 3 a levels as soon as we pass :S

I suppose, but i got a B in computing coursework, so it's all meh

Anyways one subject? nah, when i entered yr 12/college etc i didn't know what i wanted to do, you'd have to plan yarley ahead to uni subjects if you were to only pick one thing...

I suppose, but i got a B in computing coursework, so it's all meh

Anyways one subject? nah, when i entered yr 12/college etc i didn't know what i wanted to do, you'd have to plan yarley ahead to uni subjects if you were to only pick one thing...

See I was the same, I wanted to do just computing and art, but you have to pick four so I chose computing. simple really :). It's a nice progression to game design anyway, both art and computing can lead to game design as alot of both applied for the course i want to be on in september ^_^ handy.

See I was the same, I wanted to do just computing and art, but you have to pick four so I chose computing. simple really :). It's a nice progression to game design anyway, both art and computing can lead to game design as alot of both applied for the course i want to be on in september ^_^ handy.

Don't most companies dislike Game Design courses/are reluctant to hire those who have been on them?

Domo-kun; Sussex uni? I half half-a-dozen mates there, not surprising considering I come from brighton. I am considering doing my masters there to stay close to home (if that's what I decide is best), but by then you'll be gone. If you're still in the brighton area over summer let me know and we can go for a drink :)

Bard: £4.5k :¬¬{!">£!">!>!<<"!£<"£!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf, that's hella expensive... But hey if you're getting the scummy end of the bucket then... well I guess that's fine...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!