Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I Am Legend

AshMat

In my defence, I technically watched it last year! :(

heheh. Excused.

Anyone who has read the book, is this still watchable despite its creative liberties or will I just get pissed off at the fact that it is not accurate enough.

I guess if I forget that it is based on a book at all, I might enjoy it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was some stuff that annoyed me about this movie....

With the whole Fred mannequin thing, why did they move it over there where he might see it? If they knew about the video store and the whole he talks to the mannequins why didn´t they ambush him in the video store? It´s not like there is a lot of sun in there. Also when he got into that trap why did that whats-u-call-it only bring 2 dogs to kill him? There are thousands of them in the city and he brings 2 dogs to kill him?

Also

I felt he died very needlessly, they said there was room for one more in that hiding place. I would understand him sacrificing himself if had something else then a GRENADE

Other than that, the movie is pretty OK

heheh. Excused.

Anyone who has read the book, is this still watchable despite its creative liberties or will I just get pissed off at the fact that it is not accurate enough.

If you are anything like me, about 20 minutes from the end you'll realized something isn't quite right. Then the last narration, and especially the last sentence (hint, hint), in the film will make you want to burn the cinema down.

Just don't go to see it expecting it to reflect the book because if anything it gives the opposite message at the end. Its a good film. Not a good adaptation though.

heheh. Excused.

Depends how anal you are about these things.

There was some stuff that annoyed me about this movie....

With the whole Fred mannequin thing, why did they move it over there where he might see it? If they knew about the video store and the whole he talks to the mannequins why didn´t they ambush him in the video store? It´s not like there is a lot of sun in there. Also when he got into that trap why did that whats-u-call-it only bring 2 dogs to kill him? There are thousands of them in the city and he brings 2 dogs to kill him?

Also

I felt he died very needlessly, they said there was room for one more in that hiding place. I would understand him sacrificing himself if had something else then a GRENADE

Other than that, the movie is pretty OK

I said that first spoiler in the film thread.

If he had gone in, the zombies would have known and then gone after them. Will Smith wanted to take them all out. (Least thats what I reckon he did it for anyway)

I saw this. It wasnt as good as I expected. I heard reviews were bad.

I think your supposed to think that these guys dont have much noggin left. Maybe instinct made them move the mannequin to set a trap. like predators trying to find a water hole because they know as soon as the others dry up all the prey are gonna come there

I saw this. It wasnt as good as I expected. I heard reviews were bad.

I think your supposed to think that these guys dont have much noggin left. Maybe instinct made them move the mannequin to set a trap. like predators trying to find a water hole because they know as soon as the others dry up all the prey are gonna come there

You are supposed to think they are not as stupid as Will Smith thinks because he thinks when that vampire exposes himself to the sunlight that the vampires have lost all reasoning and even base instinct but actually the vampire was pissed off that Will Smith had kidnapped the other vampire, showing some form of deductive reasoning.

It a pretty stupid assumption for Will Smith to make since if the vampires really had become that dumb why did it stop at the doorway and not rush all the way out.

i'm confused by:

At the end when they have the cure. how are they going to put it into the zombies to cure them. I mean the Zombies would eventually find them and if it's as many as the ones that stormed the mansion how can the tiny village of survivors stop them?

:)

Apparantly its too cold for them, a crack team of operatives will have to infiltrate a big city and put it in the sewage system or something copyright chuck 'we are legends' sequal to i am legend

Oh dear. At least Will Smith's film tried to stay vaguely faithful to the book. The less said about this insult to anyone who has read the book the better.

This remake may be more faithful to the book, but Heston was a much better casting as Neville.

Although the bit where he killed Sam was depressing, I thought it was so awesome! The way look he had when killing him, and the way you could see the dog becoming more "thing" like and then actually trying to kill him.

One of the best parts of the film imo. Although the bit with Fred was also awesome.

Everyone seems to like the film, because its been one of the more talked about films I've seen in this thread. Recently anyway. =]

I was suprised by the length of the movie! I turned up a bit later to it! so all in all missed about 7 minutes what with the falling asleep for 5 minutes during the film! :D

I only just felt i had sat down when i had to get up again how long was it about 1 hour and a half? :)

I need to watch it again! :heh:

Great film.

I was sitting right next to the sound columns, so I would jump at any loud noise (like the curtains closing. I thought they were the zombie shrieks :heh:)

Yeah, the ending felt a bit...anti-climatic. It made sense and all, but...something definately felt wrong.

Other than that, I really liked it. I recommend it.

Fred, it was the zombie leader who set that up, definately. He was the only one who saw Will Smith's mechanism. And you didn't really think Will Smith would spread several traps for no reason, or use a mannequin for bait, did you?

One more thing, I went to see the movie with a friend who is an actual hunter. He loved the opening sequence (even wished he could switch places with Smith), so I guess realistic CGIs aren't that important. :heh:

I quite liked the movie but I expected more shocking moments - it made me jump once.

The atmosphere was really nice though and somehow Will Smith manages to add a certain amount of awesomeness to any film he's in.

I don't really know whether this is good or bad but I found it pretty easy going, it never had me at the edge of my seat. It was one of those sit back and enjoy kind of films despite the monsters.

What I found a bit lacking though, was his insanity. He clearly wasn't right in his mind but that only transpired in certain situations while in others he acted completely normal.

Also I felt some shots were made purely for the trailer. For instance the first time he closes his windows you see him lying in the bathtub for no apparent reason. Then in the morning he's waking up in bed. Sleepwalker?

The ending was a bit strange as well and I'm getting sick of the open ending in all these films. It was nice the first 10 times but now it's just annoying.

Generally though I really liked it, despite it's flaws it's has a lot of good points as well and as said above is fun to watch, which is the most important point. Still a little bit more character developement would have added that extra bit of specialty.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!