Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

004126nj0.jpg

I hate this show...

It is AMAZING. I really can't get over how funny I think it is. I've almost finished season 1.

10/10

Really? Personally I found it a bit flat. Its okay but Leonard has an annoying voice and constantly looks like he's just eaten a really sour lemon, Raj and Howard are pretty much non-characters. Sheldon is amusing, and I think Cucou does a decent job as the straight man but overall...meh. I'll stick with Mother I think :heh:

Watched random Pokemon episodes as im in a nostalgic mood. I love how overly dramatic they try and make it when Misty leaves. I miss the mid-90s.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big_bang_theory.jpg

Strange coincidence, but not really, just finished Season 2. Loved the episode with Summer Glau. The episode with the Age of Conan, with Penny becoming really grubby, loved it. Sheldon's laugh, love it. There were a couple episodes earlier in the season which had me in hysterics, just amazingly funny. Howard really pisses me off but I love hating him. :heh:

The last episode ended so abruptly. I need season 3.

Would be cool if they stay at the North Pole for a bit.

Robin Hood (3,11)

I just watched this and it was incredible, almost too exciting! One of the best characters made his exit, the most evil villain in British TV history returned and the cliffhanger couldn't have been more dramatic!

10/10

Well the last program I watched was Seinfeld which is always great, but it's Nip Tuck I need more of. I've been watching season 5 on demand but it only goes up to episode 14, I need to know what happens next!

Umm stuff :p

Wait til next season. All the 19 episodes have been made but its being split into a 10 episode season in 2010 and a 9 episode season in 2011 -_-

Was watching Entourage earlier and Dan Castellaneta was in it and it struck me...it's a shame that they killed of Sheldon's father on Big Bang as he could easily play it, looks very similar to the guy that plays Sheldon.

:(

I finished Arrested Development.

Finale 10/10

Arrested Development as a whole

10/10

The funniest TV show ever.

Yes. Yes yes yes. Yes.

Basically that. Amazing. One of the few shows I've watched through several times.

The 80's spliced episode? Yes.

Still up in the air if its happening though (not on the fall schedule, a contender for midseason along with Body Politic (which has since dropped) and I think maybe something else but apparently the CW isn't too hot on the 80s theme).

Big Bang Theory - The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis

Anders.

Forgot he had hair.

Although its always a shame when theres a show that specifically mentions other pop culture items and then features actors from that.

(unless it was Veronica Mars which had Paris Hilton in one episode and then mocked her several times after, I'm fine with that...)

I do adore Penny though and how suprisingly tolerant she is of them all. And how she calls them all sweetie.

Edited by Ashley

Virtuality

A fresh new pilot from Ronald D. Moore (best known for his reimagining of Battlestar Galactica). Like Caprica, this pilot comes way before the series. Unlike Caprica, the series has yet to be picked up. As with all pilots, the main point of it is to lay out all the characters and star the ball rolling for some of the series-long plot points. While some may have their own sub-story, Virtuality one long story rather than a show made up of individual ones - just like Battlestar Galactica (although BSG did have the odd "individual" episodes, like Scar).

Virtuality jumps straight into life on the ship, which is being filmed and turned into a TV show for viewers at home. Each character is fully fleshed out and you learn bits and bobs about their past throughout the episode. The crew are extremely well written and come off as real people. They aren't heroes, they're just normal (well...they seem normal for a bunch of intelligent people with big fancy degrees) people. Their mission is simply to spend 10 years reaching a star - it's just them and the ship for the whole series. No aliens, no space fights. It's a pretty good job that they've nailed the interaction between the crew. It's not really easy to describe, nor is there really a simple way to categorise each character, but they're more realistic than most shows out there.

Naturally, 10 years is a long time for a small group of people. Luckily for them, they can enter their own personal virtual reality. While this aspect also appears in Caprica, it's treated more as a personal thing rather than a big, shared virtual internet (although they can join someone else's VR if they're invited). The morals behind this also more prominent than in Caprica. If something is this realistic, should it be treated as so? Or is it fine to kill virtual people no matter how realistic they look. I don't know what it is about the way they filmed it, but these simulations look like a fantasy and yet they look real at the same time...there's just something about the way they feel...it's like a dream.

The morals of the virtual reality escalate when some kind of glitch or virus starts appearing. He shoots the captain (unlike The Matrix, your body can't be damaged...but you still feel the pain) and throws the doctor (who discovered he has Parkinson's while on the ship) of a painted cliff (that particular scene looks beautiful). The biggest moral dilemma, however, was when this virtual reality glitch rapes a member of the crew. Even so, it remains unknown as to if this "virus" has it's own agenda, of if it's playing out the crew's deepest, darkest fantasies.

After the crew go past the "Go, No-Go" point, with the captain and doctor's decisions being influenced by his "afterlife" experience from their simulated death, there is what seems to be a small malfunction on the outside for the ship (unlike most shows, they don't make it out to be a massive problem that would mean that they all die). So they prepare to head outside to fix it. This lack of tension massively heightens the surprise in store - the airlock closes with just the captain inside without a helmet. Then it opens, killing him.

The second in command deems the situation as an accident, however the ship's designer knows that a simple short circuit wouldn't cause the airlock to open - someone had rigged it. The only person who has a major problem is the producer of the ship's reality show - although he doesn't find out about his wife's virtual affair with the captain until after his death. It could be the "virus", or it could be that the captain did it himself (due to the enjoyment of his virtual death).

The producer's wife find the captain's VR glasses in her room and ends up in his wild west simulation. She find the captain, who seems to be alive and well in his virtual world. Did the computer download his mind? Is it just her fantasy? Or is the mission and the ship simply not real?

Of course, there's a lot of stuff that I haven't touched. Such as how the show uses a lot of CCTV cameras for the footage (although a usual camera is used when needed) and how you never see Earth. According to the people who are sending the crew on their mission, climate change will make the planet inhabitable in 100 years, although it isn't clear if this is actually true.

Virtuality is a brilliant set-up for what could be a brilliant show. The characters are great and there's plenty of great plot elements ready to be explored throughout the series. However, it's rather lacking as a stand-alone "TV film" (it's unlikely to become anything more), due to the long introduction and lack of a conclusion. The biggest challenge it has to face is finding an audience, as it's clearly not what the general TV population wants.

Big Bang Theory - The One Where Sheldon Tries To Make a Friend

...did Wolowitz draw a Tanuki?

Pokemon - Diamond and Pearl - Random episodes

The new voices are odd. They sound like weird immitations...but slightly older. Why again? Pay disputes? Other than the voice of Meowth obviously, as that was death (although, before or after the change?).

Frasier - Room with a View

A wonderful and miserable episode. I love it, and Jane Leeves' performance is wonderful.

Virtuality - Pilot

I disagree with Cube...

I found it bland. The rape situation, and the implications, toward the end interested me but the rest of it just didn't grab me. So you're marching through space...great? I dunno, I feel it would be more interesting to explore the virtual reality aspect more than the space travel (and maybe they will) which basically seemed to be the plot of BSG rehashed ('travel across space to find somewhere inhabitable to save humanity').

And I found all the characters to be largely uninteresting. To the point that I couldn't really differentiate them.

Edited by Ashley

Kings episodes 7 and 8 ('Sabbath Queen' and 'Pilgrimage') were astounding. After the bitter taste episode 6 left me, I was ready to be dissapointed, but truly this show is still excellent, and I can't believe nobody is watching it (besides haden, who got me into it :P).

Much love.

Kings episodes 7 and 8 ('Sabbath Queen' and 'Pilgrimage') were astounding. After the bitter taste episode 6 left me, I was ready to be dissapointed, but truly this show is still excellent, and I can't believe nobody is watching it (besides haden, who got me into it :P).

Much love.

There's what, at most 4 more episodes left til its over? I'll wait til then :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!