Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

BSG Series 4 The Ties That Bind

O.M.G.

"]I shouted "HOLY FUCKING FRACKING FUCK!".

TOREY YOU CUNT! YOU CUNT! CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT!

*slaps cheeks repeatedly*

CUNT. TOREY. Cunt. Torey. Is one.

I didn't ACTUALLY think she would. What a cunt.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BSG Series 4 The Ties That Bind

O.M.G.

"]I shouted "HOLY FUCKING FRACKING FUCK!".

TOREY YOU CUNT! YOU CUNT! CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT!

*slaps cheeks repeatedly*

CUNT. TOREY. Cunt. Torey. Is one.

I didn't ACTUALLY think she would. What a cunt.

Everyone forgets that she does, everyone as in, i just remembered when you mentioned it :P

Dollhouse - Omega

Saunders a doll, not a big suprise and understandable but nice to see someone else, in a way, compositing. Was nice to see Amy Acker doing more than just mope around though.

Some nice shoutouts to the Whedonverse; Alpha's real name ending with Craft, as does one of the EPs (who also worked on...Firefly I believe). And Craft's first victim was named something Walsh, close enough ;)

I think its kind of a shame they wiped Echo clean, an all knowing doll could have been interesting. The philosophical debates during the powerplant scenes crossed between interesting/necessary/corny ("we have a black president now!"). Still, I liked the lines about Nazi Germany and "you don't make any progress by cutting up girls" (paraphrasing)

Shame most of the other dolls got sidelined. Although November is over and out now, hmm. Noble of Paul though and I look forward to seeing how he works within-but-not-for the Dollhouse next season (please?)

I just wish they were airing Epitaph One.

I feel sorry for both Whiskey and Victor. Also, Tudyk was even better than last episode - not only for the different things put together (it kind of reminded me of River's "visions" in the last episode of Firefly) but also how he sometimes changed his accent on the fly. The scenes between Alpha, Omega and Caroline were also great.

There were also some nice little touches. In the flashbacks Topher was wearing a suit (rather than the scruffs he now wears) and other things.

A great episode, but we need more!

BSG S04 up to Guess What's Coming To Dinner?

I don't know why I'm screaming. Is it cause this is so good?

I love how whenever there's a glimmer of hope, something really devastating happens.

OHNOES! What has Athena done...? I loved Ginger Six. A new twist on an old joke. I can't decide if Athena has done something bad or good. I'll have to wait and see.

I loved. The Hybrid taking loads of mainies away.

Dollhouse- Omega

Quality. A series that's just gotten better as it goes. I'm not really crossing my fingers for season 2 if the ratings have carried on a downwards trend though. This is Fox we're talking about.

Is he a doll now? I got the impression from 'I'm nobody' that he was replacing November in a straight swap. Quite an interesting way to end his arc in the series.

Is he a doll now? I got the impression from 'I'm nobody' that he was replacing November in a straight swap. Quite an interesting way to end his arc in the series.

I didn't get that first, I was confused as to why he didn't care about freeing Caroline. But then I got the impression you did too, eventually.

It was a decent end to the (first) series.

In a way, it ends ok-ish if this is the only season. But yeah.

Liked finding out about Whisky.

---

BSG Season 4

Sure it's only the first "half", but it tied up well. Love this so much. Best show I've ever watched I think. Or a least my favourite.

Loved the bid finale montage/music bit after the

truce with the cylons.

. The fact that

Starbuck acknowledged Kat was pretty moving too.

Ahh Battlestar... I spent much of today reading interviews with Moore about the series. I love it too much... only thing is how frustrated I get when people dismiss it just because of the nerdy sounding name. Getting friends to watch is one hell of a mission.

Currently getting my hands on Caprica, having watched the rather brilliant looking trailer. Should be good.

Dollhouse- Omega

Quality. A series that's just gotten better as it goes. I'm not really crossing my fingers for season 2 if the ratings have carried on a downwards trend though. This is Fox we're talking about.

No. They stated they need his FBI knowledge/skills and if they wiped him it'll be gone.

Caprica Pilot

Shows a lot of promise... clearly rooted in the Battlestar universe yet at the same time completely different. The idea of the cyber-nightclub worked really well and the parents relationships with their kids was looking very interesting. Much like BSG, real world issues were handled nicely, what with the Taurans (I think) being seemingly hated by Capricans. Good set of story threads, I require moaar!!

Bit too much of the teens, patchy acting from them and teenage angst for my liking though. Oh and the final cliffhanger... meh.

8 / 10 though Im not sure how well this will run as a series... is there enough ideas and plot for an entire series?

Oh yeah and NAWWWW baby Adama.

In other news Im having a much needed Desp Housewives catchup sesh at the moment, man Id forgotten how fin this show is...

Desperate Housewives - Marry Me A Little

This time jump confuses me. They went forward five years...but still seem to be in 2009. They were in the middle of a recession and are now talking about Twitter...did the characters just age five years? Did they just all get retconned and born five years earlier? Other than that...Marcia Cross is hot.

How I Met Your Mother - As Fast As She Can

Yay Lily is back! Rest of the episode was okay, just plodding along with the mystery. Still I enjoyed it.

Gossip Girl - Valley Girls

Half the episode was in the 80s and made me realise how dull our clothing is. Like totally. Okay as far as backdoor pilots go. If it got picked up I'd watch, if not at least because Ryan Hansen :p Although I did enjoy Brittany Snow's perfomance as a neo-Nazi in Nip/Tuck too. The episode felt like somewhat of a Veronica Mars fanwank. Lily stopped at a gas station called Neptune something and Dick and g-g-g-g-g-Gia are dating.

Breaking Bad s02e10 was more greatness once more. Shame not more people are watching it yet. Originally I think I touted this as Weeds meets The Wire or some shit, and while there's no comparison in terms of the scale of casts, or the realism, there's certainly a slow-burning flavour that permeates, with a dark humour frilling the episodes. Each episode numbs. And that's a great thing. Watch it, people!

Forgot to mention

Sit Down, Shut Up (general)

Watching the newest episode (the 4th?) made me realise that this show isn't that funny (its quite fratboyish humour which ain't my bag) but its amazingly self-reflexive. In fact, its an essay unto itself on postmodern television. And granted thats not enough to keep it on air but I'm finding it interesting from that angle.

House- Season 5 finale

wow. I loves me some House M.D. Just when I thought this episode was going to be a weak finish to the season, BAM! momentous finish. Very, very clever bit of screenplay that really threw me off the scent.

Glee - Pilot

When I heard Ryan Murphey (creator of Nip/Tuck) was doing a show about a high school glee club I was a tad suprised/unsure what to expect. It seemed okay. More about the teachers than students and near the end it did have a corny "be yourself!" kind of message. But it has Jennifer Gilsig in it which is always a winner. Could be interesting, particularly as Kristin Chenoweth will be in it later in the season and Jane Lyne is in it (hopefully she'll be able to do the recently renewed Party Down still).

Haggis you may like it. It could be like a weekly High School Musical but with better music (they sang Journey, always good) and less candy-coated, given Murphey's trackrecord. Plus it did mock the genre in itself at times.

Yeah - I've half a mind to watch the last two eps again. Strange season that didn't really even try to go anywhere until the last 5 episodes or so.

It did lack a certain...forward motion, but I think it's been good for widening the focus to include more episodes about the team, Cuddy, Wilson et al. Particularly...you know.

Alot of tv watched lately so I'll sum up what I've seen.

Family Guy - Three Kings

Watched this on monday and don't remember much. I do remember that it's still not up there with the earlier episodes of the show but it wasn't as bad as some of this season. Think they're in a South Park-esque situation where it's very hit-and-miss.

American Dad - Daddy Queerest

It was alright. The storyline had premise and for the most part it was lived up to. I would say that this has definitely replaced Family Guy in terms of being able to get and hold laughs and I think it's probably because the Smiths and Roger are a more believable pack that people can look at and see semblances with themselves or others they know. MacFarlane really should incorporate things from this into Family Guy and it'd probably help to improve that show (getting rid of Cleveland so he can have his own show isn't really going to do that).

How I Met Your Mother - As Fast As She Can

Hmmm... well at least Stella has gone. Barney still represents a good amount of focal point for the show and provides the most laughs. The trying to get out of a ticket thing was brilliant. I think they need to do something with Robin though as she's really taken a backseat lately and hasn't provided much to the story. Stella's words that ended the episode would suggest we're not far from finding out who the mother is and with next week being the last episode of the series (IIRC) and it being titles 'The Leap' we should see her there. The way Stella was talking has sort of made me think that perhaps Victoria could be back in the running.

Gossip Girl - Valley Girls

Good episode. Nice to find out why Lily is screwed up, sort of. The to-ing and fro-ing with Rufus though is getting annoying. Either get together or don't as it's not helping to progress the story.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!