Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

I've always had a fondness for Captain Awesome. While he could have easily have been a caricature he is actually sweet, caring, level-headed and, lets not forget, a doctor. He just has such an embrace of life.

The relationship between him and Chuck is quite a nice brotherly relationship, and they remind me of me and my housemate's boyfriend, except he is more passive aggresively antagonistic toward me. Ah well..

I may also watch an old episode of Chuck. Rewatched 'versus the Imported Hard Salami' last night. "We're going to die!" kissing is always fun.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gossip Girl EP21

Awesome! I've missed this so much. Was a great little episode i thought. Poor Blair falling for her old tricks. The passover was really funny too with lots of things being hidden between people at the same time. And then poor Chuck. Sometimes i wish i was his mate just so i could give him a pep talk. He'd be a great mate, lots of interesting stories and such. I dont agree with what he does to women, but it would be great to hear about them all the time! Then just pick him up when hes down, because he does have a soul!

Ammmgzzzz.

Freaks and Geeks Episode 1

Awesomezzzzzzz. And not just cos' of Jason Segel and crew. The other characters are actually more interesting. Should literally be illegal to be as attractive as the main chick. Ghuh. Generally amazing. Also loadzzzzzz (2...+?) peeps that went on to do Not Another Teen Movie = amazingsz casts.

8.8/10

Family Guy Season 7

Probably the weakest season overall. Shocked at the amount of 9/11 gags.

24 Season 1

I became a hardcore Bauer fan during Season 2 so decided to give this a rewatch, as I couldn't quite remember much about it. Very strong first half, but the third quarter can be very dull, and the finale seems a bit rushed, but overall it's far better than I remembered it to be, and it's intresting to watch the actions of a certain character in CTU. :wink: Also got quite emotional at times, something which didn't happen on the first watch, probably because I didn't care about Bauer then.

Anyone else been watching the Mentalist on Channel 5? It's one of my favourite shows at the moment, great concept/spin on the usual crime investigation programmes, and it's got a good sense of humour to boot. I love the titular character, Patrick Jane. :heh:

The fanboy in me has also noticed that they've had at least one person from 24 in it every week. Larry Moss, Andre Drazen, Mason, Logan, now Richard Walsh. Awesome. :)

24 Season 1

I became a hardcore Bauer fan during Season 2 so decided to give this a rewatch, as I couldn't quite remember much about it. Very strong first half, but the third quarter can be very dull, and the finale seems a bit rushed, but overall it's far better than I remembered it to be, and it's intresting to watch the actions of a certain character in CTU. :wink: Also got quite emotional at times, something which didn't happen on the first watch, probably because I didn't care about Bauer then.

I still think one of the best scenes in the series was in the first season, when Jack gets the call from Nina and goes to town on the Drazens' warehouse.

Season 2 arrived today (in slightly shoddy condition, I must say...), just waiting on the other two I ordered for £12.99 each. The first two seasons are still £12.99 on the HMV site by the way people, season 3 has unfortunately been ramped back up to £50.

E.R (latest)

Lovely. Hey Carter, HEY TWIST AT THE END. I loved Neela ripping out that womans heart 3 second too early. A phail moment. I hate Simon Bremmer. I just imagine him crying over his various abusings as a child everytime I see him. I want Banfield to adopt the heart womans daughter. :(

Brothers & Sisters

Mother! What an ending. Very dramatic. Being Psychic blast'd.

E.R (latest)

Lovely. Hey Carter, HEY TWIST AT THE END. I loved Neela ripping out that womans heart 3 second too early. A phail moment. I hate Simon Bremmer. I just imagine him crying over his various abusings as a child everytime I see him. I want Banfield to adopt the heart womans daughter. :(

I sky plussed it, damn you to the fiery depths of hell. If it existed of course *wink*

I sky plussed it, damn you to the fiery depths of hell. If it existed of course *wink*

DON'T READ SPOILERZ.

Any anyway, it's common knowledge they been bringing everyone back as of late.

So far it's been; Carter, Mark Green, Mark Greens Widow with the curly hair, William H. Macy's character, Rocket Romano and the old chief with the walking stick, whose name I forgot.

Sex And The City: Season 2: Evolution

First episode I've ever watched...and I hate to say I loved it. The whole "gay-straight man" thing was brilliant, and then bit with the mouse at the end had me laughing damn loud.

Gossip Girl - S02E21

Loved it, as always. The british accent bits were hilarious, though the Poppy character is annoying me somewhat.

British accent bits?

30 Rock - The Ones

Reference tastic; Kenneth said his real name is Dick Whitman (Mad Men), Selma Hayek wearing a 'What The Frak?' shirt (BSG) and maybe a brief cameo from Zach Braff. It looks a bit like him...

Anyway rest of the episode was good. I love how psycho Jenna got for someone, but then obviously had to leave him because he has sole custody of his child. Shame to see Elisa go but its left open at least, and they got rid of her in a different way rather than just "I don't love you now", "I cheated on you" or similar.

Plus: Elisa: "I have a secret." Liz: "Are you a man?" Elisa: "Why do you say that? Want me to strip right here and prove it?" Liz: "...kinda."

Chuck - Random Season One Episodes

It has changed quite a bit from the first season in lots of little ways. But my favourite part has to be the fact that when Awesome rings Chuck a picture of him kissing his guns comes up. Such a perfect bit of attention to detail.

Also from the newest episode I forgot there was one line I really liked:

Chuck: Is that not how this works? Can we not request a cosy two bed two bath prison cell together?

Sarah: Two bed?

Guwwh sweet

Edited by Ashley

Raarr, just finished Battlestar Galactica, me :D:(

Did a big old post on the BSG thread so I won't write much but yeaaahse, excellent finale!! I shed a tear for the epilogue section and everythang.

As a whole, Season 4 was as good as ever, no duff episodes, although the pace was noticeably slower than in other seasons, and there was a distinct lack of action / epic space battles - though this wasn't necessarily a bad thing - and everything was nicely wraped up and resolved. Cooliez, there goes the best TV show I have ever watched, I will miss it muchly :( Credit to them for ending it when they did, barely a dud episode in the, what, 75 odd episodes that aired

10 / 10 all round, no questions asked

What do you hear?

Nothing but the rain

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Summer Heights High - Episode 1 and 2

AMAZING. I cried laughing countless times, I love this to bits.

I've been snooping around your bloody bag, what do I find in your bag? A bloody Chinaman's hat! You've been having an affair with a Chinese man. I'm gonna bloody divorce you.

Mr.G/10.

Edited by Slaggis

Desperate Housewives - Rose's Turn

Hilarious, in so many places. When Gabby/Carlos etc were at the table, and Gabby said "I was just trying to warn Tom about the danger of gardens. There's spades...rakes..AND HO'S *hint hint*" I almost died.

OMFG at Susans revalation! When the music kicked in as she said it, I was like *Massively shocked face*. With the news that someone else dies in the final episode, I'm totally hooked. Dave is a total headcase, I love it.

Edited by Slaggis

Chuck - Chuck Vs The Ring

That was a brilliant season finale and this show had better return for season 3!!!

It'll be interesting to see how all the secondary characters fit in though if it does return, I hope they dont just get rid of some.

Still, it definately was the game changer that was promised.

9/10

Mistresses S2 up to Ep3

This is pretty good. The end of season one was interesting, and they mixed everything up for the start of season two which i like. I find it kind of frustrating to watch at times though because they make some stupid decisions, especially Siobhan who i particularly think is an absolute bitch now with what shes done and continues to do to Harry. Grrr! Still, always a good watch. Sometimes predictable, but not too bad.

TSCC - Season 2 finale

I actually watched this weeks ago after the US airing but have just finished watching it again on Virgin 1. The sentiments of the guy who introduces the programs was spot on cause like him, I'd really like the show to continue. Fox haven't come out and said it's a definite no on a new series so there is a possibility that they could do one. But as much as I'd like a new series, I also wouldn't like them to ruin the show by trying to play out the future events. IGN said it right in their review that how this season ended is a suitable way to end it. However, I think that if they wanted to make more episodes, they could make another 1 or 2 to tie them with Terminator Salvation. I think that'd be the best thing to do. It's a shame really because TSCC has been one of the best things I've watched on TV in a long time and the show was becoming increasingly interesting towards the end of this second season with all of the biblical references worked into it. It really has stood out from the crowd in terms of not only the action it has provided but also it's story, which while providing the inevitable conclusion has managed to make some interesting plot points.

As for the final episode, they probably couldn't have done it better. The way in which Weaver's un-humanness was unearthed was well done and definitely the best way to have done it. The ending of Cameron was also well done as it was building up to her demise through out that episode through her dialogue with John about the fact that she may want to/try to kill John again some day and so giving John Henry the chip means that that won't happen, at least not in the same capacities as it could have been done, but it also means that she has defected back to the metal side. It's this part of the story, along with Weaver's and the liquid machines involvement in helping Connor that I'd like to see explained in at least 1 or 2 more episodes as I really think it'd provide adequate closure to the show if it was to be the end.

But yeh, good episode and good season overall. If you haven't watched any of it, I wholeheartedly recommend that you watch it because it really is a gem of today's tv which may have seen an untimely demise due to Fox and it's bastardising ways.

E.R

Felt lovely. I love how you can feel it winding up somehow. Carter back is a joke. Bremmer/Brenner annoys me. We just joke about "I was abuseddd!!!1" whenever he appears, but today it was actually part of the episode. Not funny, but yeah.

Brothers And Sisters

Lovely. Holly looks like sterling silver. Outwitting all the midnight society who conspired against her.

SORRY JULIA!

Heroes S3 Ep25

Was that the season finale? Was quite good, and ends with an interesting twist that could make for some great moments if they make the most of it. It was also a bold thing to do as i cant see how they can undo it. Then again, this is Heroes. They do anything they want, but they should let this one play out for some time i hope.

Gossip Girl - Sedar Anything

It was good, but it dragged a little if I'm honest. The whole act at the table got tiring after a while, and the constant mention of not being able to afford Yale etc etc etc was annoying. The episode proved Blair is the most interesting character of the bunch, even when she's not got much going on.

Gossip Girl - Southern Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

The best episode of the season so far, and one of the best episodes of the show so far. Some of it was utterly hilarious, and I loved the return of Georgina. The whole "I've found Jesus" act, follwed by the dramatic music that kicked in when it was obvious she hadn't was amazing. Blair spying on Serena's boyfriend was brilliant, too.

Blair: Nate, you're sweet, but there's NO WAY I'm going down there! It's full of mole-men and middle class businessmen.

Nate: Our colleges are at opposite poles of manhatten, the subways the quickest way

Blair *Overly dramatic tone* Please don't ask this of me.

Family Guy - Road To Rhode Island and others from this season

Ok, what has happened to Family Guy? Going back and watching this and comparing it to the new stuff, you wonder what has happened to Macfarlane and the writing team on the show because the old stuff is just so good and genuinely funny whereas the newer stuff tries to be far too elaborate and seems to be too driven by 'celebrities' and their involvement with the Griffins. I mean it's just really strange. The cancellations of the show must really have screwed up their rhythm. But then when you look at their other show, American Dad, and see that it has managed to maintain the same laughter factor that made the old Family Guys good and is on its fourth season, it makes you wonder why they don't bring in some influence from that to help on making Family Guy like it was. I think they really should go back to the basics of the show.

This episode was brilliant though. The rapport of Brian and Stewie at Biscuit's burial is brilliant as it is throughout the show.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!