Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True fact. I think someone like Tahmoh may even be able to make Dan's face work.

...but let's not expect any miracles.

Scrubs - My Full Moon

No JD (nor many people). The HIV dance was amusing, and Elliot's speech at the end was suprising but befitting.

I find it odd that a patient presumed "Elliot has a slammin' tushie" referred to a female.

Also, best place for it really. Need help chosing what to do for an assignment:

So I need to discuss the role of an area (gender, race, folklore, postmoderism, genre) in an American television series of our choice and I have a few ideas and just want someone else to pick :P Wanna do a show I've not done an essay about before.

Nip/Tuck & Gender - Christian's misogyny (sp?) contrasted with his fatherly tendencies, Liz the lesbian and pro-body image person (although with stuff at the end of season five...but won't say in case anyone doesn't want to be spoilt), the frequency of female plastic surgeries and lots more. Oh and of course Kimber and Gina. However may be a bit too rich and don't really know where to start.

Arrested Development and Postmoderism - Refers to itself as television, refers to other television, all this stuff. Only thing (from the reading) that doesn't really fit is mixing genres, although dunno if I could argue about its rich history (ie if you dont watch all of it you're lost) is unlike the sitcom genre.

Pushing Daisies & Postmoderism or Folklore - Its a little bit of both, not so sure really. I'm just into PD at the moment. Folklore could be interesting, but dunno if I have the whole time/energy to look into it.

Dexter & Genre - Crime procedural...twisted on its head.

Answers via PMs please (so this doesn't go wildly off topic)

Watching a random Nip/Tuck season two episode and drooling over Famke Jensen :D

Edited by Ashley

Southland

... is my attempt to stay ahead of the curve! New show, with That Brooding Dude From The O.C., and That Dude Who Seems To Be In Everything, But I Can Never Quite Place Him as rookie cop and pr0 cop, respectively.

It's a cop show, with officers and detectives on the streets of south LA, so there's the usual, and much-repeated, gang-banging and moider and guns and drugs and blah blah. There's a lot of no-talk, all-action stuff which makes the show feel all grown up. I would say the O.C. dude probably had about 10 lines through the whole show.

While it's no Baltimore, the show promises realism with a quick script and a good array of characters that are worth getting to know, albeit with a bit of contrived plotting. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere just yet, but I'll give it some time.

Worth checking out if you've got a gap in your TV schedule.

Hmm saw that, didn't particularly grab my interest. Only really like cops when they're secretly serial killers. May watch it during the summer though, or at least try it.

Pushing Daisies - Bitter Sweets & Corpsicles

In my research I decided to watch these two episodes for evidence of folklore, got a few notes. Plus had a joyous 90 minutes of fun and fantasy with some great quotes such as:

"I simply like the word 'boosom'. I say it to myself all the time; boosom boosom boosom. I simply can't help myself I'm a boosomaholic."

"Of course this is all conjecture from a dog's arse shavings."

And it ends with one of my favourite visual images ever:

PD_109_1898.jpg

Love it.

Southland

... is my attempt to stay ahead of the curve! New show, with That Brooding Dude From The O.C., and That Dude Who Seems To Be In Everything, But I Can Never Quite Place Him as rookie cop and pr0 cop, respectively.

It's a cop show, with officers and detectives on the streets of south LA, so there's the usual, and much-repeated, gang-banging and moider and guns and drugs and blah blah. There's a lot of no-talk, all-action stuff which makes the show feel all grown up. I would say the O.C. dude probably had about 10 lines through the whole show.

While it's no Baltimore, the show promises realism with a quick script and a good array of characters that are worth getting to know, albeit with a bit of contrived plotting. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere just yet, but I'll give it some time.

Worth checking out if you've got a gap in your TV schedule.

I've been waiting for this for a while, it's made by John Wells so should be pretty good. I did start watching the first episode but fell asleep about a quarter in (not a reflection on it, just a long long day). Looked good from what I did see though.

My favourite all time show comes to an end. I liked the way they ended things with no big drama just showing how things will keep going at county general (Off Screen duh). It was also pretty cool how it mirrored the pilot episode with it being set over 24 hour period. Quite weird now it's finished, it's been on the air since I was 5 years old.

You know, I thought of you when I watched it. Seriously. The shakey-cam aspect was very Friday Night Lights.

I think it is going to be good. I just hope the O.C. dude doesn't steal the show. I just looked up the dude you mentioned and he certainly has a lot of credentials to his name, so I guess the show is set to have several seasons worth of fun!

Inbetweeners - S2e1

That was literally the best thing I've watched in ages.

I nearly cried when Neil was pummelling the fish, aahaha genius!! And good old spectacular cringe moments with the Yoda impressions

10 / 10 (It really was that funny)

I was literally screaming "OH GOD NO!" with my hands over my eyes shaking my head and laughing in hysterics

Supernatural.

MY GOD an excellent episode. EXACTLY what filler TV should be like, though, of course, if filler TV were like this all the time then it would get old real fast BUT inter-dimensional, border-crossing, wall-breaking and writer-egotistical epsodes like this are precisely why anyone ever gets into any TV show. Like That buffy episode which as 75% silent, the Angel episode with muppets... or, more aptly, that x-files episode where a gay wrote about aliens, this episode helped define the show. Like that episode in s03 where dracula "actually existed".

It was just.. cool. If you've not seen any of this season, then I urge you to watch this.

Edited by jayseven
Autolied Doublewrong

Supernatural.

MY GOD an excellent episode. EXACTLY what filler TV should be like, though, of course, if filler TV were like this all the time then it would get old real fast BUT inter-dimensional, border-crossing, wall-breaking and writer-egotistical epsodes like this are precisely why anyone ever gets into any TV show. Like That buffy episode which as 75% silent, the Angel episode with muppets... or, more aptly, that x-files episode where a gay wrote about aliens, this episode helped define the show. Like that episode in s03 where dracula "actually existed".

It was just.. cool. If you've not seen any of this season, then I urge you to watch this.

I watched two episodes in class yesterday ('A Very Supernatural Christmas' and 'Ghostfacers') and always wanted to watch, but never got into it. Will probably wait until its over...or the summer if I have time.

Dollhouse - Needs

Interesting twist with it actually being a 'game' with good intentions. And of course any Amy Acker time is good time. November/Mellie's past, hmm. Although I'm wondering if it is just that her daughter died, or if there is more there. Poor Sierra, a constant history of abuse.

You know, I thought of you when I watched it. Seriously. The shakey-cam aspect was very Friday Night Lights.

I think it is going to be good. I just hope the O.C. dude doesn't steal the show. I just looked up the dude you mentioned and he certainly has a lot of credentials to his name, so I guess the show is set to have several seasons worth of fun!

Go check out Third Watch man. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Summer Heights High episode 1 and 2.

Finally got round to watching some. Will watch the rest on my time off next week.

My feelings; - Yep. I'm gonna like this. A lot.

9/10

"Puck you miss. No I said puck" [/Jonah]

The best comedy series I've ever seen.

Although looking back, I found Jonah the least entertaining, but the saddest.

It's a brilliant combination of comedy with drama with reality.

Ashley; those are great episodes! Season 1 and 2 were mostly average, but season 3 picks up a lot and pulls out quality fillers on top of the emerging storyline that still kicks a fair bit o' ass to this day.

JonSt; I'll stick it on a list :P Currently on the last ep of Big Love Season 2, and I'm very surprised that I still tolerate Nikki :P She's a bit of a swine, but the show still manages to make me feel sympathetic for her somehow. Anyway, after that I'm checking out some Inbetweeners, Head Case and West Wing.

Gonna give Better Off Ted another chance. e02 & e03 are out so I'll watch those then decide. Checking out Party Down, as well, because I have no idea what it's about!

Oh and heck, I'll be giving Summer Heights a go too :P

Nikki gets worse, but retains her loveability during the must watch season three :p I love in 'Take Me As I Am' when Sarah and Bill are dancing and she says "I will never be able to take your advice about realtionships" (or similar), even if I had to watch the episode a few times to understand all the sealing talk. Presume you've watched the finale ('Kingdom Come'...?) now.

Party Down - Episode 3

I really liked this episode, best so far in my opinion. Ed Begley Jr is always fun, particularly when getting high. Although I still can't remember characters names (or, I still think of them by their VM names and thus don't really make an effort). The idea of a singles mixer is creepy, although throwing in some hot strippers (of both genders and one of course was on Veronica Mars) was amusing.

"Sorry, no personal business on company pond." Constance is kind of awesome (Evidentally I remember her name)

Edited by Ashley

TSCC - S2,E21

Oh, this is getting interesting. So many questions. Is the other bot John Henry's brother? Did John Henry alert him to Sarah Connor's whereabouts courtesy of listening into Ellison? Was stealing Sylvana a ploy to get Sarah out of the picture, but not in the way it turned out?

It sort of makes you feel John Henry has now been fully compromised. The break-in to his interface by his brother must have left some form of coding that's returned him to his initial status as a Terminator, yet it lies unused, at least in a completist sense. He must have had some hand in some of the events, clearly the image of Sylvana was obtained by him and must have been sent to his brother/the other bot.

As for Sarah, it's left John and Cameron in a dangerous predicament. With Derek now dead (<- that was one hell of a shock yet slightly unnecessary) there's only the two of them and with the other bot out presumably looking for them, things are going to get problematic. Think there's only 1 episode left of this season, although I'm not completely sure. However, if this is the case then the last episode is going to be very interesting.

And I'm still liking the biblical references. Not religious in any way but they make the show interesting and make John Henry's character interesting as he tries to draw parallels between himself and those stories. The Kane and Able story sits well at this particular moment and Weaver's stating that Henry could merely be God in this situation was an interesting one.

Dollhouse - Ep8

Awesome stuff. I knew they had to be incontrol of it, but i liked how it was kept open until the very end. Very cool idea, and well thought out because it gave some powerful scenes that we might see were that ever to happen for real.

This show just keeps getting better and better.

Battlestar Galactica 4.1

Good as always from BSG, though one of the weaker seasons in my opinion. The dark tone worked well but maybe too much focus on the four... and a couple of the episodes were maybe a little too character driven as opposed to forwarding the plot - slow paced. Great TV nonetheless.

And a good cliffhanger at the end of Revelations as usual, though it didn't surprise me too much.

8 / 10

Start of 4.5 looks promising... if the most fucking depressing tv I have watched in months. Just watched 13 which was a good actionfest... anyway, good start, looks set to end things nicely. I can't believe I only have 8 more episodes to watch though. Ever!! :( :(

EDIT:

Thoughts needed on

Razor

Mobisodes

The BSG 360 dl game

Worth buying / watching / playing?

The best comedy series I've ever seen.

Although looking back, I found Jonah the least entertaining, but the saddest.

It's a brilliant combination of comedy with drama with reality.

Seriously you can't even talk to me until you watch The Office. I doubt it would even exist without it.

It is amazing though. But yeah...The Office.

"I think you will care when you find out......"

"Theres been a rape up there"

*Memories of Spenno/Molly/Today/Amazing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!