N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Park season 13 episode 2 - The Coon

A much better episode than last week's one, paying homage to the Dark Knight. Personally, I think they could do with this what they did with Imaginationland and create a sort of mini movie with it if they were to expand upon it as there is plenty to go on as Professor Chaos will always try to be evil and want revenge on the Coon and perhaps even Kyle may join in to help. Could be interesting. But yeh, a good episode. Whether they can keep it at this level for the rest of the showings this season is yet to be seen but the majority of the time the South Park episodes, at least the newer ones, get better as the season comes to the mid-season break.

Gossip Girl Ep18

Oh how i missed this! I loved the part where they all stopped acting in the play and just tore each other apart. Nice to see Rachel suffering too. I never liked her. All righteous and anti-Blair... grrr!

Not sure i liked the ending with her though. Why oh why wont they just let her and Chuck be together? Its like they always find stories to keep them apart, and its getting annoying. Same with Serena and Dan actually. They need to let a relationship have some glory days, longer than a few episodes, for it to have any drama when or if something goes wrong.

Friday Night Lights second season, for the first three episodes at least, is the most annoying thing I've seen. I was literally shouting at my screen over a lot of the things. Many of the characters are massively altered purely for the sake of a few storylines, and a fair few of the secondary characters are missing. The Landen (LANCE!... lol I dunno how to spell his name) thing is interesting. Besides teh whole inevitability. Mexico's taking its time, too.

I'm only on episode 6 so far, so we'll see.

I think either Jayseven is repeating himself by accident, or he really wants people to know he finished s1 of Friday Nights :)

Stoopid forums... *looks around innocently*

Friday Night Lights second season, for the first three episodes at least, is the most annoying thing I've seen. I was literally shouting at my screen over a lot of the things. Many of the characters are massively altered purely for the sake of a few storylines, and a fair few of the secondary characters are missing. The Landen (LANCE!... lol I dunno how to spell his name) thing is interesting. Besides teh whole inevitability. Mexico's taking its time, too.

I'm only on episode 6 so far, so we'll see.

Stoopid forums... *looks around innocently*

I think some one fed the writers some high quality weed when they were planning season 2. It becomes very much like a Soap Opera and not the show it was in the first season. Some totally stupid plot lines (You'll have already seen the Landry/Tyra one). It's almost like they just decided to try and make the characters as different as possible. Gladly though, season 3 is a return to form.

Desperate Housewvies - Latest American Episodes.

I'm amazed they've managed to keep the show from getting boring, not that I'm complaining. Still one of my favourite ever shows, purely for it's great mix of drama and comedy. Gabby won both episodes again, as usual. When she goes "...Shut up, bitch" to Edie, I laughed damn hard. Plus when she was at the funeral, and could not stop smiling, such a cow, it's ace.

Looking forward now to finally seeing how dave's storyline ends, and what happens to Edie.

I'm amazed they've managed to keep the show from getting boring, not that I'm complaining. Still one of my favourite ever shows, purely for it's great mix of drama and comedy. Gabby won both episodes again, as usual. When she goes "...Shut up, bitch" to Edie, I laughed damn hard. Plus when she was at the funeral, and could not stop smiling, such a cow, it's ace.

Looking forward now to finally seeing how dave's storyline ends, and what happens to Edie.

I've missed the last two..and am considering stopping watching. It's fine, but I prefer Brothers & Sisters (which I missed last week! Might have to OD on a PC in my house.. before tonight!) and I watch enough as it is.

I've missed the last two..and am considering stopping watching. It's fine, but I prefer Brothers & Sisters (which I missed last week! Might have to OD on a PC in my house.. before tonight!) and I watch enough as it is.

To be fair, you may aswell watch to see what happens in the dave/edie storyline, before you finish watching...otherwise watching most of season 5 has been a little pointless. Might aswell let it go out with a bang.

I've never caught onto Brothers and Sisters. I've watched a few eps, but it just bored me a little tbh.

Needed more Swoosie Kurtz :p

I think some one fed the writers some high quality weed when they were planning season 2. It becomes very much like a Soap Opera and not the show it was in the first season. Some totally stupid plot lines (You'll have already seen the Landry/Tyra one). It's almost like they just decided to try and make the characters as different as possible. Gladly though, season 3 is a return to form.

Yeah, I'm feeling the 'soap opera' vibes, the writers definitely overdosed on the OC. I genuinely adore Landry, but... lots of unnecessaries.

Season 1 was good enough for me to plug through season 2 for whatever gems I can find, and it was writer's-striked so it's, what, only 15 eps long.

Other news; While I've kinda left Eastbound & Down to ReZ and other Will Farrel fans, another new comedy is out; Better off Ted, which, again, I know very little about. It has Portia De Rossi, from Arrested Development, and I think it's from the guy responsible for My Name Is Earl (not enturely sure though) so I'll be back with details on that later.

Best episode of Skins tonight, was so good in both drama and comedy.

Hilarious moment from the father of the twins, and their little brother. Little things too like the poster of the head teacher and the Love Ball. Plus other stuff I can't remember that was really cool.

Going to miss Skins after next weeks show - it has been really good I think.

The music in that episode of Skins was awesome. Posted Passion Pit in the music thread. Excellent song. Got a bit too excited when I heard it come up in Skins. :heh:

I want to find Jose Gonzalez's Smalltown Boy cover.

The music in that episode of Skins was awesome. Posted Passion Pit in the music thread. Excellent song. Got a bit too excited when I heard it come up in Skins. :heh:

I want to find Jose Gonzalez's Smalltown Boy cover.

There was loads of GaGa too, which I loved. I want to know what the song was, when the twins were trying on dresses. I neeeed.

But yeah, awesome episode.

There was loads of GaGa too, which I loved. I want to know what the song was, when the twins were trying on dresses. I neeeed.

But yeah, awesome episode.

Yeah, I mainly meant those two songs. Lady Gaga is an affront to...well everything. My mum even picked up on this when she randomly brought her up and called her a 'slut'. My mum barely even knows how to attach stuff to an e-mail so I was amazed/shock she even knew who the hell Lady Gaga was. :heh:

Edit: Little Boots as well. Damn, they are on a roll. Love her. Shame they didn't put the Treasure Finger's Remix. That is just awesome.

Edited by Daft

You going to post anything about the actual ep Daft? :p

lol, I'm watching E4+1...I'm still watching it. :D

Best episode this series so far. I miss Effie though. Crook isn't in it so far, which is good.

The Ting Tings are playing. Episode low.

Edit: I think I might have missed last weeks episode. Anyways, that was awesome.

Edited by Daft

Dollhouse Ep03: Stage Fright

It was an okay episode, I liked episode 2 more but Eliza Dushku acting still annoys me a lot.

I´m gonna give this show a couple more episodes, it´s interesting and I like the concept of the artificial personality but the plot so far hasn´t kept me hooked on it.

Castle: Episode 2

Wow...this was actually better than the pilot. A load of twists and turns, an interesting outcome and more details on the main characters. If they can make each case this interesting then this'll be a great show.

Don't think I'd say it was better than the pilot, but it was awesome! I hope they string out some of the future storys over a few episodes, as it'll work better at a slightly slower pace, but its still excellent. Great character. :)

8/10

Episode four of Dollhouse is really good. Five is okay. Seems to me that they are taking an overlying plot very slowly. Seems like a show that is more suited to episodic stories.

I´m like the slow overlaying plot but I worry that it´s gonna end up all exploding in 2-3 episodes nearing the end.

Yeah it´s suited as a episodic story with the whole every episode is a new personality but the problem with that there is less room to expand the plot of each episode but I like this format of shows, more room for interesting short stories.

Best episode of Skins tonight, was so good in both drama and comedy.

Hilarious moment from the father of the twins, and their little brother. Little things too like the poster of the head teacher and the Love Ball. Plus other stuff I can't remember that was really cool.

The little brother came out with some of the best lines, and as for the dad: He made me laugh the moment I saw him because I suddenly remembered all his excellent stand-up.

Look him up on YouTube. His name's John Bishop. :grin:

But yeah, I did like that episode. Better than last week's despite the Ting Tings' shit song playing in the background. But it was good.

His face was enough to make me and my sister crack up lol. What a guy.

For me character order (including some smaller roles) from brilliant to bad goes

Fitch (don't keep fit, keep Fitch!)>Emily/Naomi>Cook>Thomas>Freddie>JJ>Effie (just for looks, otherwise quite a nothing character)>>>>>Pandora>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Katie)

Don't know how they go looking for little kids so they can swear and talk about sex like the twins brother.