Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Lol. :bowdown:

There'r still 2 more seasons to go, ReZ... chill.

Three, I thought? 16 episodes each rather than a 24-strong season as per usual.

Personally I thought season 4 was amazing, really turned the show into something else. I think people started watching the show expecting Castaway mixed with Eerie Indianna, and when everything started to change -- well nobody likes change.

Love the show myself.

Anyway; just finished The Wire Season 1. Good, gritty realism that isn't afraid to go at its own pace, and manages to flesh out a massive cast of characters very efficiently. I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can blast through season 2, I think!

Which season would people say is best? Does it get better, or worse, or stay on par?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway; just finished The Wire Season 1. Good, gritty realism that isn't afraid to go at its own pace, and manages to flesh out a massive cast of characters very efficiently. I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can blast through season 2, I think!

Which season would people say is best? Does it get better, or worse, or stay on par?

I'm only two episodes into season 2 but I think episode 2 of S2 is one of my favourite episodes.

They admitted that direction problem at the end of season 2 (i think) and from 3 onwards they knew the direction, they have explained alot of stuff, what the writers are doing are hoping people pick up on whats been said and what hasn't been said. My example is people complaining that they never explained the polar bear thing, when they hinted at it so much in the first 5 episodes of season 3.

Loooooooooooooooooooogic bro. But yeh, have faith, they shall explain all of it, no show would leave things unexplained (cough heroes cough)

Logic? In Lost? Hmmmm. Well I guess we'll see.

24 Redemption

''Events occur in real time'' *drools*. Damnit! he has a sexy voice. I love having Jack back, didn't think Redemption was amazing, but certainly good. Mainly I was excited to see season 7 by the end.

Beginning was pretty dark, felt like a scene from the last king of scotland or something, which is not bad but pretty full on. The whole thing seemed to me like it could have been done in an hour or so, but I know why they did it; setting the scene, introducing new characters, wetting our appetites and making some cash. I love John Voight, so happy about him. I like lady pres too, good speech. Oh and the bit when he took them all on at the school was just awesome.

7/10

Yeah! I saw "Special guest John Voight" and was like OMG cool. I want him as my pseudo grandad.

24 Redemption

A lot better than I thought it would be.

Very heavy at the start. I was like wowzas. I feel it really kicked into high gear around the half hour-to hour mark, and I was loving it. Carl seemed like an awesome character. :( Went out in a wave of glory though. More pain and awesomeness of Jack...man such a sucktastic life. I feel sorry for the crack head. Ermmmm oooh new president seems nice, and not an ass-hole so thats good and makes a change. It was great!

Quite a nice balance of everything for a mini movie thing.

8/10

WOWEEEEEEEEEE! Angels :P Cool. Bobby's still not died yet. He blatantly will at some point. Not much of a secondary cast so far, but out of the five episodes so far, three were top notch - the season opener, for general "wtfomgnowai", episode 3 for general "omgcool" and episode 5 for sergeant "roflgeniuscoolbutgetonwithit". The other two episodes were staple MOTW with subtle end-minute revelations to keep you ticking over 'til the next episode, like the whole, I dunno, lucifer and god are 'real' thing, with the 66 locks and shit. I'm sure we'll see a couple more of those, and Lillith again at some point. Very tempted to get 6-10 now then join the rest of USA in watching them week-by-week when Jan kicks in.

Pushing Daisies - Robbing Hood

Its so bittersweet now know its being cancelled but dear lord that was great. They've really ramped it up from the more casual episodes from last season. Theres a lot more drama (but still a hell of a lot of fun) and it seems they're building toward something epic.

Kristen Chenoweth :heart:

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - S1e01

I've never watched the show, thnx mainly to the fact that Virgin 1 doesn't work on my freeview, but have always wanted to. So decided to watch it and it's not bad. Obviously it's only the beginning of the story so I assume it'll get better but hope it isn't just the three of them constantly getting chased about by a terminator which has been sent to kill them. Anyways, I'm tempted to get hold of the dvd for xmas. Will have a look around as I can see it being enjoyable. Also, much better to watch while wearing headphones. The bass running through mine while watching it on my laptop was phenomenal.

The Wire Season 2

Not as strong as the first season. Had to watch it in really shitty definition, which definitely didn't help. Kinda felt like filler, story-wise. Still better than most everything, though.

ReZ, what was so good about s02e02?

I just loved it generally. Nothing particularly happens, its just...it all seems amazing, and everything starts to make sense.

I still havn't watched more season 2. Eeep.

The Wire Season 2

Not as strong as the first season. Had to watch it in really shitty definition, which definitely didn't help. Kinda felt like filler, story-wise. Still better than most everything, though.

ReZ, what was so good about s02e02?

I've seen the first 3 seasons, and yep, the second is the weakest of the 3. And general opinion is it's the weakest of all 5.

I still really liked it though. I adds a brilliant...texture to the series. It would have been impossible to go from 1-3 for obvious reasons and as a case, the port set up is both interesting as a change of pace from the Barksdale heroin gang and also provides some brilliant characters. Frank Sobatka is easily one of my favourites from the series.

Also, I think it'd be an injustice to the fantastic characterisation of Jimmy, Omar, Bunk and Prezbeluski to call it a weak series.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but in all honesty I have no idea whatsoever. It's an interesting storyline for sure, but I just wish they would get on with it.

I'm thinking it's Orson, because as soon as you hear about the brother dieing in prison, it cut immediately to Orson.

Obvious dramatic irony (or whatever it's called).

I'm thinking it's Orson, because as soon as you hear about the brother dieing in prison, it cut immediately to Orson.

Obvious dramatic irony (or whatever it's called).

The E4 episode that was just on explianed the obvious, but still not the person he's wanting to destroy. This is starting to annoy me now, I mean, it's been dragged out so long and when we finally get a piece of information it's something that was glaringly obvious already.

Anyway, other than that it was another great episode, as usual. I love Gabby, and the bit with the waiter was rather amusing. The storyline with the hot (hot!) twin is pretty interesting too.

I've seen the first 3 seasons, and yep, the second is the weakest of the 3. And general opinion is it's the weakest of all 5.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought so, and veery happy to hear that 4 and 5 will keep the pace up. Half-way through s03e7 as I type, and it's definitely a better season so far.

I still really liked it though. I adds a brilliant...texture to the series. It would have been impossible to go from 1-3 for obvious reasons and as a case, the port set up is both interesting as a change of pace from the Barksdale heroin gang and also provides some brilliant characters. Frank Sobatka is easily one of my favourites from the series.

Also, I think it'd be an injustice to the fantastic characterisation of Jimmy, Omar, Bunk and Prezbeluski to call it a weak series.

I agree - Bunk came through a lot more with season 2, and Omar is continuously a great reason to watch the show. I think season 2 just felt aimless, but you're right - going from 1 to 3 would've limited the show hugely - hell, part of the reason why I'm enjoying 3 so much is that excitement of seeing the old faces all over again.

Did you know the guy playing Jimmy is english? I looked him up after the way he said "ocean" in a s3 episode - he sounded like he was putting on a brit accent like that s2 ep. From sheffield, and everything :P

One Tree Hill Seasons 1-5

I decided to watch this from the beginning after catching a few episodes on E4 and I have to say I absolutely adore it! I didn't know whether I would get into but I have and it's probably brought out more mixed emotions from me than any other show... ever.

On to season 6 now so in a couple of days I'll be caught up with the episodes being shown in America, definitely getting the boxsets as well.

One Tree Hill Seasons 1-5

I decided to watch this from the beginning after catching a few episodes on E4 and I have to say I absolutely adore it! I didn't know whether I would get into but I have and it's probably brought out more mixed emotions from me than any other show... ever.

On to season 6 now so in a couple of days I'll be caught up with the episodes being shown in America, definitely getting the boxsets as well.

Its a show I really like aswell, took me ages to bother to watch it though. I remember seeing adverts when it first started and I thought it looked stupid.

Its a show I really like aswell, took me ages to bother to watch it though. I remember seeing adverts when it first started and I thought it looked stupid.

That's exactly what I thought. I figured that it would be nowhere near as good as stuff like the O.C. I now realise this shits all over it!

OTH is sadly put down by many people as just another teen drama, who have never even seen it. The first season is amongst the best TV i have seen (suppose it helps that I love Basketball) and i've discovered countless new bands from the music played on the show. It was a big risk what they did with season 5 but I think it completely rejuvinated the show.

Know what i'll be watching later.

OTH is sadly put down by many people as just another teen drama, who have never even seen it. The first season is amongst the best TV i have seen (suppose it helps that I love Basketball) and i've discovered countless new bands from the music played on the show. It was a big risk what they did with season 5 but I think it completely rejuvinated the show.

Know what i'll be watching later.

Its really brought back my love of Basketball, im waiting for a court to be built in my village so I can start playing again. Apparently it is coming.

Britney: For The Record

It was actually rather sad tbh. Like most the press have said, it doesn't reveal as much as it says it will, but the moments between the obviously set up moments are when you get to see glimpes of how her life really is, and how she really has been feeling. She genuinely seems like a completely sweet, if not slightly unnaware women who is obviously not completely healthy. When she went shopping, and she without awareness insulted Katie Holmes/Where she was using hairspray then suddenly went "Oh my god, is this actually hairspray?" it was hilarious. Plus the "Isn't it wierd how can my dad be totally sweet at one point, then a complete asshole the next?".

Tbh, they could of summed up the whole thing in the space of 10 minutes. Basically, where she cries and just says "...I'm..I'm sad" her expression said it all. The paparazzi moments were actually pretty frightening too, much more in your face than you expect. But still, it was awesome to see clips of the new video/the rather epic dancing she's doing for it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!