N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

I'm gonna buy Season 2 next month.

I did love the fact the narrator clearly exaggerates stuff, like when he says Alyson Hannigans character leapt from her window to the street, then adds that it may not have happened, but that's what he likes to think (or whatever the scene was).

One thing though, wouldn't the kids just force him to ACTUALLY tell them how he met their mother, rather than going on about stuff they don't want to hear? Or just ask their mum?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 2's "grinch" episode is a good and clear example of clever narrative reliability, and season 3's first episode kinda addresses what you suggest, Paj; not spoiling anything at all but there's a line that essentially says "so you know how your mother tells the story..." suggesting the kids know that already. I think the kids, while they look miserable, kinda like their dad's storytelling. Hell, I sure would!

I think the kids may be in the same clothes, indicating the story itself isn't taking as long as we would presume. However I can never be bothered to verify this.

Oh and with the new episode it was nice to see [actor's name which I forget] back as Ted's mother. Must be nice for her to do something forced and not just be lurking around with a discontent face keeping secrets (she also plays Mama Patrelli in Heroes btw).

Plus, Buffy reunion!

Glee - The Power Of Madonna

After the slight let down that was the first comeback episode, I was a little unsure about what to expect. But, it was beyond amazing. It was great to see the other characters get to sing, especially Santana. I don't understand why she hasn't sung previously, her voice is pretty damn powerful.

The Like A Virgin sequence genuinely brilliant, as was Sue's walking away after Will's "OH SNAP" comment. Actually cried with laughter. Easily the best Glee episode to date, if anyone fails to see how good Glee is after watching The Power Of Madonna...I genuinely can't understand it. Oh, and I adore their marching band version of 4 Minutes, blows the completely mediocre original out of the water.

I hope they keep up the episodes idea of having them all have major parts in songs, it felt so much more...together, than it does when it's just Rachel or Finn.

Edited by Slaggis

Two and a half Men Season 1

yeah it was okay. :) This show is very easy to watch without actually having to be very good. Fortunately the characters get less annoying and I actually enjoy the dynamic now but sometimes it's just like ugh!

Perfect to have on while training up my Pokemon. I'd say it has gotten better as the series went on and I've laughed out loud a few times.

The best character is definitely Rose there is the danger of overusing her but they haven't so far she adds a spot of random humour into the show. Love her. :grin:

My second favourite is surprisingly Charlie, I'm into intense Douche bags at the moment hence I'm enjoying the new Doctor Who. :heh:

The mother of Charlie and Alan is the least funny to me.

It has some clever lines and the humour generally works but I think it could be better. I'm enjoying it though since I've got over my massive dislike for it!

Also I liked seeing Megan Fox, she looked hot, not in that way, she actually looked flustered strangely rosy cheeked.

Also Teri Hatcher, nice nice nice. Made me want to rekindle my love for Desperate Housewives Bree.

Also Jane Lynch not that fussed since I've never watched her in anything just pleased I recognised her.

Oh and Shirely from community, I don't know her actress name!

Glee - The Power Of Madonna

After the slight let down that was the first comeback episode, I was a little unsure about what to expect. But, it was beyond amazing. It was great to see the other characters get to sing, especially Santana. I don't understand why she hasn't sung previously, her voice is pretty damn powerful.

The Like A Virgin sequence genuinely brilliant, as was Sue's walking away after Will's "OH SNAP" comment. Actually cried with laughter. Easily the best Glee episode to date, if anyone fails to see how good Glee is after watching The Power Of Madonna...I genuinely can't understand it. Oh, and I adore their marching band version of 4 Minutes, blows the completely mediocre original out of the water.

I hope they keep up the episodes idea of having them all have major parts in songs, it felt so much more...together, than it does when it's just Rachel or Finn.

It was funny...as usual, it's the dialogue that's the best thing about it, and Sue the best in that regard.

It felt really obvious they had to say amazing things about Madonna, which came off as a bit forced. Like when the guys in the club say she's hot. Um...:hmm: No.

The music was the usual unbearable glee stuff...dunno how they consistantly make everything sound so awful. Anyway. Santana had a brilliant voice for that 1 line she did...why do they keep insisting "Give me a cough drop" Quinn sings when they have real voices to use? Cunts.

I suppose it was good as exposure for Madonna's older stuff to the billions who watch glee...

Angel Series 3; "Quickening", "Lullaby" and "Dad".

Normal Review

Pretty cool. At first I was like "Oh...what is the need?" Re: Holtz appearance, but then the fearful symmetry struck me as the story spread out over the episodes.

I gasped when Darla did what she did. Then gasped at what was left. Then didn't understand why there was no amniotic shiz....and if not, how did it grow in her womb? I'm terrified to learn.

I kinda hoped Holtz had got over his vengeance in the alley, but apparently not.

I kinda hate how they just replaced Lyndsay with Jin from Lost in the same role, only with no development (so Lilah becomes the one we love).

Fred, you're proving useful.

Cordelia, I hate your hair. And I'm ready to return to your storyline about how your visions keep getting more painful. Unless that was just...nothing.

Paj's Great Review

jpeg

South Park- 201

Un...believable and totally unpredictable! Me and my friends were trying to figure who he was all week and none of us got it right. Fantastic episode.

9/10

I loved. But at the same time it's a shame Comedy Central wimped out with the Mohammed thing.

Latest Fringe

Was awesome. This show is getting better and better.

I love Walter so much. I hope Peter forgives him sooooon. I enjoy their relationship.

Latest Flashforward

Soo Dyson Frost (Shit, did I just remember a Flashforward character's name correctly?!) isn't the big bad of the series after all. Aaaaaand as soon as we meet him, he dies. Kinda lame really, this seems to be the usual with this kind of show, you meet someone with answers and before they can say much at all, they die. Good episode though to be honest. Genuinely wasn't sure if John Cho was gonna survive or not. 2016 is THE END though? Ummm. Cba tbh.

Supernatural has the odd ability where, at the start of an episode, it raises a question you weren't even aware you were thinking. With Hammer of the Gods, the title alone made me realise that, with this storyline being so truly epic, the show surely has nowhere to go for the next season.

Pluralisation combined with the nordic connotations... Maybe a new mythos is the next step?

Highlights of teh ep;

- Baron Samedi

- That woman who snuck into the latter seasons of BSG who became 'important' and none of us cared

- The Darth choke

- And, best of all...

GHOSTFACERRRRRRRRRS!!!

About Fringe, so far I think that season one is much stronger. In season one it felt like there was someone or organisation behind it all, but now the majority is "mystery of the week".

Although with all the re-capping in the last couple of episodes (the thing about Peter we found out last season, cortaxifan, other dimensions, the observers, etc) it does seem like it's going to start continuing last season's plot sometime soon.

It's still been a really enjoyable show, but I liked it much more in the story-arc format that season one had.

30 Rock - Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter & Khonani

The depth of the show is truly amazing. The parody of the late night tv 'debacle' was brilliant. The sly reference to when Conan got a job but built in so brilliantly. Tracy's dog being trained to attack white people because ghosts are always white. The cardboard cut out of Cerie. Jack trying to decide between two women by listening to his H.E.A.R.T. (Hard Equations And Rational Thinking) which included a 'sexcellence' graph. The return of old school racism due to Obama being elected and now black people are equal (and thus should be open to criticism as everyone else is). And of course...

tumblr_l1co5ucsRF1qzw0qto1_500.png

The Tower is Tall but the Fall is Short - Season 2 Episode 6

sarahconnor-header.jpg

Just absolutely awesome. There are so many little bits of this episode that I loved and is a brilliant example of why I love this series. There are so many possibilities it's brilliant.

9/10

TV200816.jpg

WHY DID IT HAVE TO END!!?

Pretty much, but I don't believe it had anything to do with TSCC's cancellation. The writing was on the wall pretty early on. DH just whored itself out for cheaper (although again its writing was on the wall even before it had aired the pilot) to stay in the game.

Chuck - Chuck Vs The Honeymooners

Gawsh darn it I love this show! Its nice to see that its still working well after the formula change at the end of the last episode, infact I think the change has mixed things up enough to keep the show fresh. Some very nice fight scenes in this episode as well.

Chuck vs The Honeymooners

Pushing Daisies reference!! And Swoosie Kurtz is in the next episode!!

Oh but yes. Good times. As Crazy Random says, it doesn't take itself too seriously and that's what makes me work. The camp (American usage) fight scenes always amuse me and there were a few in this one. Sexiest Chuck episode? I think so.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!